The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Last Jedi - Thoughts and Reactions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Last Jedi - Thoughts and Reactions Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE RADDUS

-- Was a Mon Calamari MC85 star cruiser reconfigured by the Correllian Engineering Corporation to be more accommodating to non-aquatic crew. She was christened the Dawn of Tranquility and became part of the New Republic's home fleet.

-- She was decommissioned early as part of the New Republic's Force Reduction program after the defeat of the Empire at Jakku.

-- General Organa snapped her up for use as her flagship and mobile command base for the Resistance. The ship was installed with experimental, upgraded shields, droid augmentation so that she could run on a skeleton crew of 1,139 naval personnel, and she was renamed the Raddus, for the Mon Calamari Admiral who gave his life at the Battle of Scarif (shown in Rogue One).

-- Armed with 18 heavy turbo-lasers, 18 heavy ion cannons, 12 point-defense laser turrets, and 6 proton torpedo launchers. Some weapons are concealed behind hull plates.

-- As a Mon Calamari vessel, it has tubes filled with water to serve as hallways for aquatic species and normal hallways for non-aquatic species.

-- The grill that can be seen on the lower section of the bow is an ion scoop particle collector.

-- The ship is not crewed or filled to capacity. Entire decks are shut off without life support.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MG-100 STARFORTRESS

RESISTANCE BOMBER

-- To me, this thing looks older than the Y-Wing. I was surprised to find out that it was designed for the New Republic. It was manufactured by Slayn & Korpil, the Verpine starfighter company that created the B-Wing and the V-19 Torrent used in the Clone Wars. Even the B-Wing looks "newer" than this old bucket-O-bolts, in my estimation, and the B-Wing is over 30 years old.

-- The long, vertical section is the bomb bay, and it is called the "Clip" as it looks like an ammo clip for a weapon. In fact, the clip does disengage from the main fuselage, and it does insert to the main body like an ammo clip. The clip is usually rested flat on the surface of a world where it is loaded. The Resistance uses payloads of droid drones that are dropped to spy on the First Order as well as magnetic bombs. When it the clip is loaded, it is raised vertically, and the ship then docks with it to for the entire ship.

-- Weapons: It has two manned dual laser, one at the aft end of the main body and one at the aft far tip of the clip. A remote dual turret is placed dorsally near the aft end of the main body. Dual forward arc laser cannons are fitted below the cockpit. There is one laser cannon at the end of each wing like stabilizer, both with a forward arc. And, there are remote fired cannons at the aft end of the fuselage--these are on a swivel for 180 degree fire arcs.

-- There are lots of these in use across the galaxy with the clip converted for used by mining companies, as fuel tankers, as firefighters, as scouts, mapping, and expedition vessels, and as rescue vessels. The ship is quite adaptable for many uses.

-- These became available to the public after the Senate passed its Disarmament plan for the New Republic.

-- The few bombers that have made their way into the Resistance were all destroyed at the beginning of TLJ.

-- We didn't see the bombers of Cobalt squadron in TFA during the attack on Starkiller base because the squadron was engaged in another mission chronicled in the Young Adult novel, Cobalt Squadron. They were recalled for the evacuation of the Resistance based at D'Qar just before TLJ begins.

-- These bombers are crewed by 5 Resistance fighters: Pilot, Flight Engineer, 2 x Ball Gunners, and Bombardier.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They must have one hell of a low sublight speed, say 2-3.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

That's mentioned. Resistance bomber pilots are trained to fly in a formation, close together, like a squad of ground troops, so that all arcs of fire are covered.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
garhkal wrote:

That's mentioned. Resistance bomber pilots are trained to fly in a formation, close together, like a squad of ground troops, so that all arcs of fire are covered.

Then their gunners must have sucked.. Cause they lost what 8 out of the 9 of them?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Then their gunners must have sucked.. Cause they lost what 8 out of the 9 of them?

I wouldn't say they sucked. They were just outmatched by a Empire with no shortage of TIE Fighters. It was basically a suicide mission that was successful with great loss.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
garhkal wrote:

I wouldn't say they sucked. They were just outmatched by a Empire with no shortage of TIE Fighters. It was basically a suicide mission that was successful with great loss.

Did anyone see how many x/a wings the rebels had to defend the bombers with??
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Whill wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Did anyone see how many x/a wings the rebels had to defend the bombers with??

I've seen the movie six times now and I saw how many rebel fighters there were but didn't count them. But there were multiple star destroyers there so the FO definitely had numerically superior force of fighters at their disposal.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SUPREMACY

-- She spans 60 km wingtip to wingtip! She's a moving city in space. She cannot be cut off from supplies as she is a logistics hub. There are droid trams that move people to different parts of the ship.

-- She is part mobile space dock, and she is capable of docking eight star destroyers, two internally and six externally.

-- She serves as Snokes flag ship.

-- She incorporates troop training facilities. She has secret weapon labs. She has droid manufacturing capability. She has can produce on the level of the average producing First Order world. She can build star destroyers.

-- She has an asteroid mining complex where a good deal of her ore and metals are taken to feed her complexes.

-- Crew is 2,225,000 personnel. She has thousands of weapons--enough firepower to equal a fleet.

-- The ship serves as the capital of the First Order. Snoke has named no other world to serve as such. Instead, he travels in his capital all over the galaxy.

-- The IC book makes a piece of Legends canon: Xim the Despot, first mentioned in Brian Daley's book, Han Solo And The Lost Legacy.

Known Resurgent class Star Destroyers, of which the First Order has constructed over two dozen.

Resurgent

Finalizer

Harbinger

Conqueror
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
THE SUPREMACY

-- She spans 60 km wingtip to wingtip! She's a moving city in space. She cannot be cut off from supplies as she is a logistics hub. There are droid trams that move people to different parts of the ship.

"Attention all crew on the outer port and starboard wings. There will be a mandatory yearly fitness test. You are to run from your wing to the opposite. You will be timed, and anyone failing to achieve the mandatory minimum times of 4 hours, will have remedial fitness training all next quarter..
good luck and may the sweat be with you".

MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
THE SUPREMACY

"Attention all crew on the outer port and starboard wings. There will be a mandatory yearly fitness test. You are to run from your wing to the opposite. You will be timed, and anyone failing to achieve the mandatory minimum times of 4 hours, will have remedial fitness training all next quarter..

"This ship is too big. If I walk, the movie will be over!"
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
THE SUPREMACY

"This ship is too big. If I walk, the movie will be over!"

I can't help but think that this is another Spaceballs reference, but I can't be sure because I haven't seen Spaceballs yet. (I have the DVD, so I suppose I should remedy that soon....)
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new standard TIE fighters are not like the Special Forces version that we see in TFA. The standard TIEs only have two, forward facing turbo-laser cannons and one pilot, much like their predecessors from the Empire. But, the new standard TIEs do have limited shield (no hyperdrive, though).

There is a technology change in some of the bigger weapons shown in the First Order's capital ships. Some of the bigger weapons are now based on kyber crystals.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 BEST ‘STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI’ QUOTES

Character Growth in The Last Jedi

I've had these tabs up for months and can't remember what I would going to do or say about them, so I thought I'd just share them here so I can x out of them.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
WillTasker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Abrams came on board, I refused to give Disney my money if he was involved with the features . So I skipped TFA and TLJ and waiting until they were at the Redbox. Both films are terrible in a way I am unable to detail, but are terrible in different ways. I won't got into details as I think that a lot of the things people complained about are not a big deal and other things that weren't often mentioned were a much bigger deal - and that would necessitate a post much longer than I actually care about the subject now.

Anyway, a good friend of mine made an observation when walking out of The Last Jedi. There are now two kinds of Star Wars fans:

Ones that love the films for the characters (Namely Luke, Leia and Han)

And ones that love the films for their "environment", for lack of a better word.

And if you'll pardon a VERY broad paintbrush: older fans seem to be the first group and younger fans seem to be the other. Of course, theres countless instances of the opposite! But the older fans were connected to the original films as they were more likely the films from their childhood in the 80s or whatever. And that type of thinking (or whatever you'd like to call it) seems to be slowly getting left behind with the unstoppable behemoth of Disney's "New Star Wars Movie Every Year" concept.

Personally, I think I'm done with the series. I don't see anything good coming with the people leading the charge (How does Kathleen Kennedy have a job?) and have to step away and let it be its own thing now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 7 of 22

Jump to: