The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEG SW RPG 30th Anniversary Edition
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG -> WEG SW RPG 30th Anniversary Edition Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Glad to see you back, KageRyu!

No hope of gaming in the near or distant future?

Unfortunately it is unlikely for a lot of reasons. Finances are chief among them, time being second (trying to move out of Ohio while simultaneously trying to aide my very ill father and deal with my own health issues), and a lack of friends these days (and currently my mindset does not lend well to making new friends). It's been a rough past 10 years.

Maybe, if I can finish moving and get settled, I can get my stuff out of storage and try to game again.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unfortunately it is unlikely for a lot of reasons. Finances are chief among them, time being second (trying to move out of Ohio while simultaneously trying to aide my very ill father and deal with my own health issues), and a lack of friends these days (and currently my mindset does not lend well to making new friends). It's been a rough past 10 years.

Maybe, if I can finish moving and get settled, I can get my stuff out of storage and try to game again

Sorry to hear bout the health issues of you and your father. I wish you both the best of luck, and I hope you manage to find yourself in a better place!
Ashikaider
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Ashikaider wrote:
I managed to acquire the anniversary set recently. However, when I was reading the rule book, I heard a cracking sound. Upon checking it afterwards, I was disconcerted to find that the glue holding the pages together had snapped right between the last of the index/charts pages and the page or two of FFG ads next to the back cover.

This made me wonder if there were other books falling apart in a similar manner, or I just happened to get one of the rare faulty copies.

I'm sorry to hear that, but glad that you shared. I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else.

For my copies, I did the initial flip-throughs which opened the books over 90% in my left hand, every page viewed. Then I did a page-by-page comparison to the originals in which the books were opened 180% on a table, every page viewed. I've also opened the books a few more times to look up something which were probably back to over 90% in my left hand but for shorter time periods. When referencing something I may have also put the books down for a bit, opened 180% to that page.

The books were sitting on a deserted tropical island for many months. Hopefully FFG or wherever you got your set from will be understanding and process a replacement.

FFG's customer service is a rather confusing mess, and it made me wonder if a book fell under the category of 'boardgame components'. However, all of this led me to take another look at the book, and the damage isn't as serious as I initially thought. The back cover and the FFG ads just happen to lay flat in comparison to the rest of the book.
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red 331 wrote:
Whill wrote:
If you find it or anyone else has the errata, please share it. I don't recall ever seeing an errata list for this book.

Well, hopefully I didn't make that up, Whill! I may be thinking of some responses to questions in the Adventure Journals, and in particular I thought there was a misprint in one of the tables at the end of the 1st Ed. Rulebook. I may be suffering from hibernation sickness, though, or a mild case of the Blue Shadow Virus.

Incidentally, Whill - how does it feel to know that you are a member of a microbiotic species that controls the universe? Smile

http://collider.com/george-lucas-star-wars-plans/

i too am fairly certain one of the AJ books has 1e errata, a brief entry 3 pages or less. i do not recall which one, nor can i locate all my books, but i will try to locate the ones i can later & check.

Whills as power-hungry microbes controlling the universe & the characters in said universe? Ugh! NO THANKS!!!

These books look great! I think that as soon as i can, i'll check local gaming stores to see about getting the set new/unopened!
I never played 1e, but there is a lot of great stuff there! I got mine (main & Sourcebook) at Pharaoh's Finds in the early 2000s, i think. I was buying all the old SWCCG that he had, and that elevated me to being one of his best customers, so he offered me deals on the old WEG books & the old D&D Monster Manuals.
Sadly, Pharaoh's Finds closed a year or two later, followed by Sage's Quest & Niagara Hobby & Crafts a few years later. To this day, i am shocked that they had to close, as every time i visited the place was packed, usually TCG gaming but there were board gamers & TTRPG games happening there...
oh well...
sorry for depressing rambling, but thanks for the road trip down Memory Lane!.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear about the closing of your hobby/game shops. That is always sad.

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
Whill wrote:
Red 331 wrote:
Well, hopefully I didn't make that up, Whill! I may be thinking of some responses to questions in the Adventure Journals, and in particular I thought there was a misprint in one of the tables at the end of the 1st Ed. Rulebook. I may be suffering from hibernation sickness, though, or a mild case of the Blue Shadow Virus.

It is not likely the 1e core was ever dealt with in the Adventure Journal. AJ did not begin publication until 1994 when second edition had already been out for a couple years.

i too am fairly certain one of the AJ books has 1e errata, a brief entry 3 pages or less. i do not recall which one, nor can i locate all my books, but i will try to locate the ones i can later & check.

I do remember an issue of the AJ had errata for an earlier issue of AJ, something that had been clipped in editing. I think was something missing from #3 that got completed in #5.

It just isn't logical that there would be errata for the 1987 1e core in 1994 or later. The 1e core was updated by the Rules Upgrade in 1988 and the Rules Companion in 1989 (which did include a rules errata for a 1988 module). Then the 1e core was then completely replaced by the 2e core in 1992, and AJ was a 2e publication. WEG would not be expecting anyone to still be playing 1e by that point, and even if they would, they wouldn't be actively servicing them.

Please share the outcome of your research either way. It has already been 4.5 years for this unsubstantiated claim. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KendrikTheRed
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting here mostly to say hello for the first time. I picked up FFG's reprint about two years ago. In the wake of WotC's OGL debacle, the group I run D&D 5e Spelljammer for became a lot more open to playing other games. So, more than 30 years after the game released and about two years after I bought the books, I'm finally running a one-shot this month!

Came to the forum to learn as much insight as I can for how to ensure my players have the most fun. From everything I've read (and reading the book itself), 1e is what I want to play/run. I'm glad FFG did the 30th AE reprint of core and sourcebook so I could get my hands on physical copies that I'll get to break in for myself.
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KendrikTheRed wrote:
Posting here mostly to say hello for the first time. I picked up FFG's reprint about two years ago. In the wake of WotC's OGL debacle, the group I run D&D 5e Spelljammer for became a lot more open to playing other games. So, more than 30 years after the game released and about two years after I bought the books, I'm finally running a one-shot this month!

Came to the forum to learn as much insight as I can for how to ensure my players have the most fun. From everything I've read (and reading the book itself), 1e is what I want to play/run. I'm glad FFG did the 30th AE reprint of core and sourcebook so I could get my hands on physical copies that I'll get to break in for myself.

Sounds great!

There are tons of posts here, and in other places (d6 reddit, star wars d6 group on facebook, etc.) on running your first game - but one thing I want to repeat for a lot of folks....

Run a couple of practice battles before you start.
Get a feel for what 3D and 5D feel like when rolling hit, damage etc.

Get used to how movement and actions work etc.

that will help a lot in your game.

best of luck!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great advice, Pak!

KendrikTheRed wrote:

Welcome to the Pit!

If you haven't read it yet, the below thread has some tutorials on running 1e.

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6544
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the pit and welcome to Star Wars D6, may it bring you much joy.
KendrikTheRed
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcomes and the advice! I'm new to the Star Wars d6 communities, but people have been super welcoming, friendly, and helpful so far. Glad to be joining!

Whill wrote:
If you haven't read it yet, the below thread has some tutorials on running 1e.

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6544

Thanks! Started on this earlier and need to finish it. Been a great read so far!
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! If you have any specific questions as you delve deeper, don't hesitate to ask!

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
I never played 1e, but there is a lot of great stuff there! I got mine (main & Sourcebook) at Pharaoh's Finds in the early 2000s, i think. I was buying all the old SWCCG that he had, and that elevated me to being one of his best customers, so he offered me deals on the old WEG books & the old D&D Monster Manuals.

Inquisitor, I just now saw your reference to SWCCG. I was a player for a long time, and also a Tournament Director, Squadron Member, and Flight Leader. Decipher even appointed me as one of the two original game designers of the game (virtual cards) after they lost the license many years ago, and eventually I designed solo for quite awhile as well. Nowadays I've barely played in many years, but I got many thousands of hours of fun out of that game!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: