The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dawn of Defiance campaign
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Dawn of Defiance campaign
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Dawn of Defiance campaign Reply with quote

Has anyone taken a look at the Dawn of Defiance campaign that Wizards is giving away for the d20 game?

Anyone care to take a stab at a d6 conversion? Smile

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/dodcampaign
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did convert a bunch of those items, if anyone's interested.
TrueGrit
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really done much (any) conversion before? Is it difficult or perhaps just time-consuming? Is there a net-guide to conversion? I should have some time to help out if people are interested as I'd like to add conversion to my repertoire.
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Well, I did convert a bunch of those items, if anyone's interested.

You know better than that... you never have ANYTHING good... NONE of your conversions are worth much Rolling Eyes

[/sarcasm]

Meanwhile, back in the REAL world... Very Happy

TrueGrit wrote:
I've never really done much (any) conversion before? Is it difficult or perhaps just time-consuming? Is there a net-guide to conversion? I should have some time to help out if people are interested as I'd like to add conversion to my repertoire.

Basically, it's using the d6-d20 conversion that WOTC has on their site in reverse, and using a little common sense where that falls apart. I know that when I've tried to do it, it does become a little time consuming, but then, I'm usually working on several things at once, so my ADD kicks...

oh, look, shiny! Very Happy
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to run it using the Saga rules. It didn't last very long as the players basically stopped posting much and my drive to get them to do things wasn't there since the story wasn't mine.

I think it could be converted fairly easily, from what I've seen. So running it using D6 would be rather easy. The biggest thing, though, is that since it is such a prevelant game (ie. anyone who wants to could DL it and read over it) the GM of the game has to take some liberties to make it more fluid. As it is, the game runs very linear and it sorta gives you a feel of being railroaded. Now, for an adventure that's supposed to get people into using the Saga edition, I can understand that, but for someone who's been running games for a while, it feels a bit constraining. The overall idea of the adventure is very good, it's just that they way its presented it works as A to B to C with no jumping around at all.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew I remembered someone mentioning the Dawn of Defiance campaign on the board.

I was doing some random searching on Wookieepedia and came across the campaign. Did anyone ever put together a conversion of this to D6?

I see the Gry converted a bunch of the stuff in there, I'm wondering if it was included in his Stat compendiums or if it was kept elsewhere. I did manage to go back on the Wayback Machine and find the original campaign files, but I haven't started digging through them to see what, if anything needed to be either exchanged or converted to D6. I'm not even sure why I decided to investigate the adventure in the first place.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there's a conversion of it. I don't think all the NPCs were converted, because that's really a whole different can of beans when it comes to playable balanced adventures. All the ships, equipment, etc. are there.

I'm about to head out for work, so send me a PM to remind me and I'll post a link of what I've got.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Yeah, there's a conversion of it. I don't think all the NPCs were converted, because that's really a whole different can of beans when it comes to playable balanced adventures. All the ships, equipment, etc. are there.

I'm about to head out for work, so send me a PM to remind me and I'll post a link of what I've got.

PM Sent, and thanks! I'm not worried too much about filling it with NPCs. I've got Guardian_A's NPC collection which should be able to do the trick nicely with only a little hammering the square peg into the not so square hole. Laughing
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminder. IT WORKED!

I found my conversion notes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kaQjHXxj7VUdVZcdQintnyUwgxUhs-pn

Try them out. Run your group through it, and let me know what you come up with. If something is obviously broken in context, let me know. I'd love to workshop things and get a full conversion with NPCs replacements. I've never really gotten around to publishing it because I've never playtested it.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Thanks for the reminder. IT WORKED!

I found my conversion notes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kaQjHXxj7VUdVZcdQintnyUwgxUhs-pn

Try them out. Run your group through it, and let me know what you come up with. If something is obviously broken in context, let me know. I'd love to workshop things and get a full conversion with NPCs replacements. I've never really gotten around to publishing it because I've never playtested it.

Will do! I'm trying this for a solo player and NPC sidekick, I'm hoping with a couple of extra dice at character creation they shouldn't have a problem working through the story.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so decided to give Switch a little bit of an upgrade. I'm sure he's perfect for dealing with 1st level characters in SAGA, but I decided to make him a little more competent as an information broker.

Quote:

Switch
Type: Unique Protocol Droid
Dexterity: 2D
Blaster 3D+1, Dodge 4D
Knowledge: 2D
Alien Species 3D, Bureaucracy 4D, Business 4D Languages 4D, Law Enforcement 4D, Streetwise 4D, Value: Information 4D+1
Mechanical: 2D
Perception: 2D
Bargain: Information 4D+2, Con 3D+2, Forgery 3D, Investigation 4D+2, Persuasion 4D+1
Strength: 2D
Technical: 2D
Computer Program/Repair 4D, Security 4D
Move: 10

Equipped With
- walking locomotion
- basic processor
- 2 hand appendages
- vocabulator
- translator unit (+3D to languages)
- audio recorder
- datapad
- comlink
Move: 10
Size: 1.7 Meters
Cost: not available for sale
Possessions:
- R5-B8 astromech droid
- hold out blaster (3D+1 damage)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: