The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Outside Galaxy travel via Hyperspace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> Outside Galaxy travel via Hyperspace. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReverendKeaton wrote:
Zuckuss received intuitive knowledge 2.11 Standard hours into his latest meditation.
He knew the rough coordinates of where Han Solo would go, if he could: he would go to the Rebel’s rendezvous point. He knew why. It was not to regroup with them after the retreat. He carried passengers?a woman and a droid?vital to the Rebellion’s success. Solo wanted to deliver them safely there.
And Zuckuss knew where the Rebellion had gone? where they had been forced to flee.
The thought staggered him. He stayed in his meditation for some time after the intuition came, trying to verify it?and what he had learned seemed more and more correct.
The Rebels had left the galaxy.
They had gone to a point above the galactic plane, far from any stars?from all places where the Empire might track them. The Empire had left them nowhere else to run as an army. He guessed how truly desperate the Rebellion was, then. Ascending up out of the galaxy’s gravity well was no easy task. Many ships could not make such a trip. There would be losses in addition to those suffered here. The Empire must have been close to Hunting the Rebels into extinction. That they took this chance spoke of their desperation?but also of their courage and determination to regroup and keep fighting.
These were worthy foes, indeed.

Of Possible Futures: The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM M. Shayne Bell
Tales of the Bounty Hunters.

Not canon at all now but I knew I had read it somewhere. Took me a few to narrow the field. So at one point there was no reason to think that they couldn't travel outside the galaxy.

This was also confirmed in TESB Radio Drama

From Wiki:
Quote:
The Star Wars radio dramas were authorised adaptations of Lucas's scripts, and were originally considered part of the official Star Wars canon. Commentators have argued that, while the radio dramas vary somewhat from the film scripts, they should be considered canon insofar as they do not directly contradict the films.[5] In 1994, Lucasfilm's continuity editor, Allan Kausch, stated that "'Gospel', or canon as we refer to it, includes the screenplays, the films, the radio dramas and the novelisations."[6][7]

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReverendKeaton wrote:
...Of Possible Futures: The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM M. Shayne Bell
Tales of the Bounty Hunters... Not canon at all now

Darklighter79 wrote:
This was also confirmed in TESB Radio Drama

From Wiki:
Quote:
The Star Wars radio dramas were authorised adaptations of Lucas's scripts, and were originally considered part of the official Star Wars canon. Commentators have argued that, while the radio dramas vary somewhat from the film scripts, they should be considered canon insofar as they do not directly contradict the films.[5] In 1994, Lucasfilm's continuity editor, Allan Kausch, stated that "'Gospel', or canon as we refer to it, includes the screenplays, the films, the radio dramas and the novelisations."[6][7]

I'm not sure what the point is of posting the old definition of canon here in response to him saying an EU story was no longer canon. The Tales of the Bounty Hunters story (formally "C-canon") is Legends now. The radio drama and original novelization elements that aren't in the films (formally "G-canon") are also Legends now.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Radio_drama
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what he was trying to say was that the Radio Drama for ESB confirmed that the Alliance's rendezvous was beyond the galactic rim. Here, at 1:28:29.

But yeah, could've been stated more clearly, and with most of the text trimmed away.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
garhkal wrote:
I've always thought that look out at the 'galaxy' in ESB was merely for show, not saying "they left the galaxy and are looking back in,

I always thought it was a protoplanetary disk or satellite galaxy until I read that Holocron Keeper Leeland Chee said that officially, it was the Star Wars galaxy itself, so the Rebel Fleet was outside of the galaxy proper and they were looking back at it. Regardless of what it looks like. But of course it should be whatever you want it to be in your SWU.

CRMcNeill wrote:
I think what he was trying to say was that the Radio Drama for ESB confirmed that the Alliance's rendezvous was beyond the galactic rim. Here, at 1:28:29.

But yeah, could've been stated more clearly, and with most of the text trimmed away.

Ah. Yeah, we already established on p.2 of this thread that the Rebel rendezvous at the end of TESB was outside the galaxy. That is canon in Legends and Disney Canon.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to provide another source.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: