The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Golan Arms Mk VIII Gravitic Mortar Launcher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Golan Arms Mk VIII Gravitic Mortar Launcher
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Golan Arms Mk VIII Gravitic Mortar Launcher Reply with quote

A little something I really liked and converted from Fully Operational the engineers splatbook for Age of Rebellion.

Quote:
MK VIII GRAVITIC MORTAR LAUNCHER
Built by Golan Arms, the Mk VIII launcher is an uncommon weapon. Designed primarily to clear minefields, the Mk VIII is, like most mortars, a simple smoothbore tube equipped with a bipod and a tiring mechanism. Instead of lobbing explosive shells into cover or suppressing troops, however, it fires a special round that detonates all anti-personnel and anti-vehicle mines in its area of effect. Using advanced gravitic technology, the rounds it fires produce powerful gravity fluctuations in a broad area upon impact. These gravity fluctuations trigger mines equipped with pressure or proximity sensors, causing them to detonate and clearing the way for troops and vehicles.

Gravitic Mortar Launcher
Model: Golan Arms Mk VIII Gravitic Mortar Launcher
Type: Mine clearing mortar
Scale: Special
Skill: Missile Weapons: Mk VIII launcher
Ammo: 1
Cost: 2,800
Availability: 2, X
Range: 100-500/3/10 km
Damage: Special
Game Notes: When a gravitic round detonates inside a minefield, it triggers every mine within 100 meters. If the check is 6- the Game Master may decide only a fraction of the mines within the gravitic shell's area of effect detonate. Undetonated mines remain active and still pose a threat to characters, their allies, and their vehicles.

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.. BUT could you explain
" If the check is 6- the Game Master may decide only a fraction of the mines within the gravitic shell's area of effect detonate. Undetonated mines remain active and still pose a threat to characters, their allies, and their vehicles. "

Somewhat more?

Do they roll a single die? Multiple? Do they need to hit a specific TN?

Could those who laid the mines, set them so as to counter this?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Interesting.. BUT could you explain:
" If the check is 6- the Game Master may decide only a fraction of the mines within the gravitic shell's area of effect detonate. Undetonated mines remain active and still pose a threat to characters, their allies, and their vehicles. "

Perhaps I should have stated, "If the demolitions check is 6 under the target number, the Game Master..."

garhkal wrote:
Somewhat more?

I have included the complete text provided within the book. There is no more information.

garhkal wrote:
Do they roll a single die? Multiple? Do they need to hit a specific TN?

It is a standard skill check versus the range difficulty.

garhkal wrote:
Could those who laid the mines, set them so as to counter this?

Per the description I would say no, unless the mines are specifically hardened against the gravitic waves. Otherwise, the mines detonate within the area of effect.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: