The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Syrin "Lucky" Zendu - Pilot/Engineer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Syrin "Lucky" Zendu - Pilot/Engineer Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ten-20-Three
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Syrin "Lucky" Zendu - Pilot/Engineer Reply with quote

Syrin may just provide a transport, be a trusted friend and ally or a lover to remember.

She had owned “Scarab” Modified Gallofree medium transport and had the ship modified on her specification. Currently she ownes Corellian Action VI Transport.

Dexterity 4D
Blaster 5D

Perception 3D

Knowledge 2D
Alien races 3D+1
Planetary Systems 3D
Survival 4D

Strength 2D
Brawling 3D
Brawling: Grappling 5D
Stamina 4D
Climbing/jumping 5D

Technical 3D
First Aid 5D
Medicine (A) 1D+1
Security 3D+1
Starship Repair 5D
Computer programming/repair 5D
Computer engineering (A) 1D+2

Mechanical 4D
Astrogation 4D+1
Space Transport 6D
Space transport: Corellian Action VI Transport: 8D
Starship Gunnery: 4D+1
Communications 4D+1

Species: near human
Sex: female
Weight: 60 kg
Height 1,7 m
Move: 10
Force points: 3
Character points: 5
Force sensitive: no

Last edited by Ten-20-Three on Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:11 pm; edited 9 times in total
Ten-20-Three
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Physical description:
Dark hair, light blue eyes, in shape, has two limbs in the form of long gripping tentacles, appendages placed under the armpits, each 3 meters long - it is possible to hide them - by laying along the body, or wrapping along the body, arms. She is attractive according to human standards.
In game terms additional limbs give +2D to climbing/jumping; +2D to grappling.
She usually wears gray battle trousers (with knee padding); mid-calf tactical shoes with flat heel, extra grip & silent sole; belt with multitools, and at least three data cylinders; arm computer linked with the ship main computer; tank top with short zipper in front, grey with white vertical inserts; navy blue flayers jacket; tactical grey gloves, full finger with knuckle guard, breathable, non-slip.
She has her dark hair tied up in a short ponytail (to the shoulder line). She usually has no make-up on. She has no tattoos, fallowing the rule that the less distinguishing elements you have the better.
When outdoors she usually carries blaster pistol in her hip holster and backpack (10 liters) which contains a small hive of 30 bee droids, which are used for recon and surveillance. Bees transmit live feed directly to her arm computer.

Personality:
Independent, energetic, enthusiastic, idealist, sharp sense of humor, sarcastic. She isn’t too good in following orders, actually she is not a leader either. She gives much effort to keep a low profile and not to get into scope of the Empire or crime syndicates.

Special abilities:
Syrin may perform one action with no penalty using her tentacles (besides the one standard action). All additional actions except the mentioned above are counted to the general number of actions performed by her.
She has good attitude to all Sullustans, and if she can she will keen to help them.

Quote:
Don’t be a maggot! [towards somebody who is stubborn or assertive to her ideas, suggestions & plans];
You b****! [towards anyone who makes her life difficult];

Background:
She comes from a regular family from one of tech advanced worlds in the Inner Rim. She graduated full education with the title of computer engineer, she also got all possible flying licensees for space transport. Her first job had been a third engineer on an outdated transport ship “Solar Reactor” where she met a Sullustan computer and ship engineer named Radius, who quickly became her mentor. Three years later, with his help she got her first small space transport. Quite quickly she had crashed and had to sign on for another contract as engineer for following 3 years when she served on numerous space transports. She gathered funds, mostly thanks to support of her family and old Sullustan, who treated her almost like his own daughter, and purchased Gallofree Medium Transport, which she strongly modified. She didn’t crash this one, and started to earn good money, thanks to her piloting and navigation skills as well as significant amount of luck – which gave her the nickname “Lucky”. Indeed she was lucky, during one of far voyages, she encountered a ship in remote rebel safe world. The pilot died aboard during final stage of recent voyage, which happened just few weeks earlier, and the first officer and the astrogator were eager to sell the ship for a symbolic price with one condition, that the new owner will bring supplies once a year to this remote unnamed place. They had felt that the ship is cursed due to the dead of the captain. She didn’t mind that and she eagerly agreed for such a contract. Half a year later she came back with supplies, Radius and crew large enough to take the ship to Inner Rim. By luck or coincidence, she became owner of bulky, slow and cheaply built ship, but it all was about to change. She sold Gallofree Medium Transport for quite good money and invested all in modification of her new ship. The craft was taken to befriended shipyard [Gattan’s Orb Shipyard – Inner Rim] owned by an old mate of Radius, where some modifications left unregistered. This shipyard is also a safe haven for Syrin. Radius supervised modifications, especially installation of ion drive, and when his health got worse he just approved or disapproved her ideas. He did not make it to the launch, but to commemorate his memory she named her “Radius”. Action IV Bulk Freighter became something else almost entirely, and most of the investment was financed by the late Sullustan from his life savings.
Syrin has two sisters, Eiyleen (medic) and Yan’fa (engineer). Her parents – Oulos (medic) and Cula (medic) reside on their home planet.

Equipment:
Arm computer with upgraded CD-12A Autopilot Droid Brain (stats of Droid Brain: Star Wars Galladinium’s Fantastic technology, WEG, page 18: Dexterity 0D, Knowledge 1D, Mechanical 1D: Space transports 4D, Perception 1D, Strength 0D, Technical 1D, compatible with her space transport); arm computer has range up to 5km

30 droids - described with Corellian Action VI Transport.

Medkit (Star Wars: Pirate and Privateers, WEG, page 47: model: Biotech MedKit; Type:Enhanced first aid and care system; Cost: 2200 for a full kit, 1000 to reload medpacs; Skill: first aid or medicine; Availability: 2; Game notes: A medkit can be used as a medpac up to 10 times. The kit’s diagnostics sensor can be used to diagnose diseases, assess health, and for other basic medical uses on an Easy first aid roll. The kit is sufficiently equipped to allow a character with the medicine advanced skill to perform field surgery (which exhausts the kit’s medpacs)

5 x Biotech Fastflesh Medpac (Star Wars Craken’s Rebel Field Guide, WEG, page 10: type: advanced medpac; skill code: medicine; availability: 2; cost: 500 credits; Using the following difficulties for FastFlash medpacs: wounded 5, incapacitated 10, mortally wounded 15. FastFlesh medpacs cannot be used more than once a day. Normal medpacs can be used several times in combination with the FastFlash.

Microthrust Portable Computer <1D Power> (Star Wars Craken’s Rebel Field Guide, WEG, page 10: availability: F; 1D Power, cost 10000 Credits; Memory 8D; User using portable computer adds its power to his computer programming roll. Power cannot be upgraded – a new computer has to be bought for more power

Survival pack

Starship tool kit

Tech vacuum suit

4x Concussion stick (Star Wars Galladinium’s Fantastic technology, WEG, page 68 ): scale: character, skill:melee combat, thrown weapons, 200 per pair, availability: 3, F, R or X, blast radius: 0-1/2/4, Dmaage: 5D/4D/2D (stun), Games notes: concussion stick detonates 15 second after activation)

Camo Armor: light scout armor, 1500 credits, Availability: 2, Game effect: Basic suit: +1D physical, +2 energy for: torso, arms and legs, Camo field: +1D to the difficulty of search or Perception rolls for those trying to spot the wearer if the wearer remains motionless
E-11 Blaster (Star Wars Han Solo and the Corporate Sector, WEG, page 117: model: BlasTech E-11 Military Issue Blaster Rifle; scale: character; skill: Blaster; Ammo: 100; Cost: 1000 (power pack: 25); range: 3-30/100/300; damage: 5D)

30 Bee Scout Droids with hive backpack
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten-20-Three wrote:
Physical description:
Dark hair, light blue eyes, in shape, has two limbs in the form of long gripping tentacles, appendages placed under the armpits, each 3 meters long - it is possible to hide them - by laying along the body, or wrapping along the body, arms. She is attractive according to human standards.

Wait, so she's a female near-human with 9 foot long tentacles sprouting from her armpits? And she's considered attractive by human standards?

...Did I read that right? Shocked

And what is her species? I didn't see her species name mentioned so I'm assuming she's a near-human of some kind....

Ten-20-Three wrote:
She has no tattoos, f[o]llowing the rule that the less distinguishing elements you have the better.

Oh, I dunno, the fact that she has 9 foot long tentacles sprouting from her armpits seems to me to be KINDA distinguishing, but then the Star Wars Universe is noted (both in-universe and out) for its cosmopolitan nature. 8)

But still, 9 foot long tentacles... I think someone's been watching too much hentai. Laughing
Ten-20-Three
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Wait, so she's a female near-human with 9 foot long tentacles sprouting from her armpits? And she's considered attractive by human standards?

...Did I read that right? Shocked

And what is her species? I didn't see her species name mentioned so I'm assuming she's a near-human of some kind....

Saying that she is a near human of some kind is actually a best description you can get at this point. The species was created by one of my players and we never did give it a proper name.

As it goes to tentacles, they resemble in a cross section a single climbing rope, having diameter around 11 mm (0,433 Inch), so they are quite thin and usually twisted around arms (or torso), and are difficult to spot while she wears clothes. It is easy to mistake her with standard human.
Tentacles were evolved for climbing, hanging and moving between trees and other natural objects (for the need of hunting and escaping hazards), and with time started to be used in fight - especially grappling.

I Mentioned the low profile, because I just wanted to emphasize that she does not wear clothes or act in a way which attracts attention.

As it goes to attractiveness, even if she would stand with fully unfolded tentacles I would consider her 100% more attractive then Sullustan female (no offence to any Sullustans) or Hutt and so on.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten-20-Three wrote:
As it goes to attractiveness, even if she would stand with fully unfolded tentacles I would consider her 100% more attractive then Sullustan female (no offence to any Sullustans) or Hutt and so on.

But those are non-human species so that's not saying much of anything. Beauty standards between humans and non-humans are too different for comparison. You write-up said she's "attractive by human standards" and non-humans don't fit into "human standards" by definition so comparing her to Sullustans or Hutts is meaningless.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must. Not. Make. Tentacle. Hentai. Joke...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, though, I expect he's saying that, in a galaxy where humans might be attracted to members of other species (cross-species relationships between humans and Twi'leks - as well as humans and Bothans - have been featured in the X-Wing novels), she would be physically attractive to a human of the appropriate persuasion. Even the tentacles might not be a dealbreaker, depending on whose eye is doing the beholding.

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Seriously, though, I expect he's saying that, in a galaxy where humans might be attracted to members of other species (cross-species relationships between humans and Twi'leks - as well as humans and Bothans - have been featured in the X-Wing novels), she would be physically attractive to a human of the appropriate persuasion. Even the tentacles might not be a dealbreaker, depending on whose eye is doing the beholding.

Yeah, this is true. I never liked the idea of Twi'leks and humans interbreeding because I personally never considered Twi'leks to be "near-human enough" to successfully interbreed with humans because of the whole skin-color-in-all-colors-of-the-rainbow thing combined with the brain-tails thing makes me think that Twi'leks are their own species, rather than a near-human species. But since it's canon that Twi'leks and humans can interbreed, that has to necessarily mean that Twi'leks are near-humans because non-humans can't interbreed with humans. Different species can't by definition interbreed.

And if it's canon, then my feelings on the subject are irrelevant. Serenity about things I cannot change, and such.

CRMcNeill wrote:
Must. Not. Make. Tentacle. Hentai. Joke...

And I already made the hentai joke in my Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:51 am post. 8) Laughing
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I never liked the idea of Twi'leks and humans interbreeding because I personally never considered Twi'leks to be "near-human enough" to successfully interbreed with humans because of the whole skin-color-in-all-colors-of-the-rainbow thing combined with the brain-tails thing makes me think that Twi'leks are their own species, rather than a near-human species. But since it's canon that Twi'leks and humans can interbreed, that has to necessarily mean that Twi'leks are near-humans because non-humans can't interbreed with humans. Different species can't by definition interbreed.

Breeding compatibility isn't really a prerequisite to find another being attractive. We have plenty of examples of pairings in this country that are biologically incapable of reproducing with each other, but that doesn't seem to be holding them back.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
And I already made the hentai joke in my Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:51 am post. 8) Laughing

Mmmnope. Your post was a bit too general to specifically qualify as a tentacle hentai joke. You certainly opened the door, though.

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Breeding compatibility isn't really a prerequisite to find another being attractive.

I never said breeding compatibility and attractiveness had anything to do with each other.

CRMcNeill wrote:
We have plenty of examples of pairings in this country that are biologically incapable of reproducing with each other, but that doesn't seem to be holding them back.

I'm curious why you made a specific reference to the US in particular rather than to the planet in general; Are you talking about infertile people intermarrying with fertile people or something else? Are you referring to a cultural thing or a biological one? And what do you mean by "holding them back?" Holding who or what back from what?

Me, I'm talking about how completely different and/or unrelated species cannot interbreed. Take dogs, wolves and coyotes, all of which are closely related (yet technically separate) species that CAN interbreed, which makes them an analogy for Twi'leks and humans and near-humans, all of which can likewise interbreed. I was just looking this up, and there's a misconception about how and whether different species can interbreed. See here. Basically the misconception is that "two distinct species can't interbreed" when the actual truth is that "if two species can NOT interbreed, then they're definitely NOT the same species." The two things are not the same at all. And I was a bit confused about this myself as I thought the former was true, but it's actually the latter.
Ten-20-Three
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is just a concept of a near human species by one of the players. We did not spend the whole night thinking about its biology. In SW Universe I many times have seen description like near human, so it sounded to me good enough.
Of course we can add some species name. Any ideas?

As to attractiveness, conversation about tastes usually does not lead to anything else than argue, because everyone has their own specific taste. I was reffering to avarege human standard, meaning that most people would say seeing her in a crowd that she is attractive. I was not thinking about interbreeding in the first place.

Do you rememeber "5th element" - everybody was attracted by the opera singer which actually looked kind strange. I am thinking about a situation that you see someone of not your race and species but still close enough to be impressed with its beauty. So, we have here a human with additional pair of tentacles, so what? Other have tails, or other additions but in general all came down in the past from one tree (or similar). Remember the Mariner from Waterworld (gills and membranes between the toes) - is he still near human? It is all academic.

So, if you feel that it is better for the species systematisc of the SW Universe to have a proper name for this one, I will add it. As mentioned earlier, if you have any ideas, please write.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I never said breeding compatibility and attractiveness had anything to do with each other.

But it is a factor, from a naturalist standpoint. Many of the criteria humans use to define attractiveness can be traced back to reproductive compatibility.

Quote:
I'm curious why you made a specific reference to the US in particular rather than to the planet in general; Are you talking about infertile people intermarrying with fertile people or something else?

I'm talking about people being attracted to someone with whom they are not capable of reproducing, as would be the case for human-alien pairings in the SWU, baring a few rare exceptions. As to why I picked the US in particular, it's because of smaller sample size. If the point being made is "if X exists in a small population, it will exist in greater numbers (absolute, as opposed to per capita) in a large population," picking a sample size of ~200 million places more emphasis on the point than would ~7 billion.

Quote:
Are you referring to a cultural thing or a biological one? And what do you mean by "holding them back?" Holding who or what back from what?

No doubt there will be cultural implications. This was stated explicitly in X-Wing: The Krytos Trap, in that cross-species pairings will be considered obscene or offensive by some. Others will take it the other direction, that not being attracted to those outside of one's species is considered a sign of bigotry. However, those who are attracted thusly do not allow cultural disapproval or biology to stand in their way.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
Breeding compatibility isn't really a prerequisite to find another being attractive.

Also, I read back to see where breeding compatibility got brought up in this convo, and that was here:
    Sutehp wrote:
    CRMcNeill wrote:

Yeah, this is true. I never liked the idea of Twi'leks and humans interbreeding because I personally never considered Twi'leks to be "near-human enough" to successfully interbreed with humans because of the whole skin-color-in-all-colors-of-the-rainbow thing combined with the brain-tails thing makes me think that Twi'leks are their own species, rather than a near-human species. But since it's canon that Twi'leks and humans can interbreed, that has to necessarily mean that Twi'leks are near-humans because non-humans can't interbreed with humans. Different species can't by definition interbreed.

I just mentioned attraction, not breeding compatibility. Until I researched this reply, I wasn't aware that Rebels had taken the step of allowing human-Twi'lek interbreeding. I will add that to the stack of reasons why I hate the new EU.

However, the X-Wing novels did feature three inter-species romantic pairings among the main characters: two human-Twi'lek (Nawara Ven-Rhysati Ynr and Garik Loran-Dia Passik) and one human-Bothan (Gavin Darklighter-Asyr Sei'lar).

My emphasis here is on the latter, that "attractive by human standards" is not without precedent in the EU.

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Until I researched this reply, I wasn't aware that Rebels had taken the step of allowing human-Twi'lek interbreeding. I will add that to the stack of reasons why I hate the new EU.

It didn't start with Rebels. There is a Season 2 episode of The Clone Wars where Rex encountered a clone deserter who started a family with a Twi'lek woman and they had two kids. See here. Granted, the two kids are too old to be the deserter's biological kids (the deserter is their adopted father), but they are Twi'lek-human hybrids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: