The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

CM-D1 Combat Medic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> CM-D1 Combat Medic Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: CM-D1 Combat Medic Reply with quote

For those groups of player with no one with the first aid skill. A combat medic droid with little personality, but the ability to move through a combat zone and render first aid assistance.

CM-D1 Combat Medic
Model: Burleppe Automatica CM-D1 Combat Medic Droid
Type: Combat medic droid
DEXTERITY 2D
Dodge 4D
KNOWLEDGE 1D
MECHANICAL 1D
PERCEPTION 1D

Hide 3D, search 3D
STRENGTH 2D
Climbing/jumping 3D, lifting 6D
TECHNICAL 2D
First aid 6D
Equipped With:
-- Humanoid (2 arms, 2 legs, torso and head)
-- Photoreceptors (human range)
-- Military comlink
-- Medical scanner (+1D first aid checks)
-- Built-in litter and medical tools in hands and forearms
-- Chest storage area (medical items equivalent to 6 medpacs)
-- Laminate armor plates with camouflage pattern (+1D vs damage, +1D hide)
Move: 14
Size: 1.5 meters
Availability: 2, R
Cost: 2,800 credits
Personality: Basic
Source: By Oliver Queen

EDIT: See this post for more combat medic droids.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:19 am; edited 4 times in total
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe add 4D Alien Species (for identification and anatomy purposes) and 3D for Languages (to communicate with the patient)? Also, what about a commlink to call in a medevac?

I really like the rest!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It lists medical tools in the arms/hands, but does it actually carry med packs? If so, how many 'uses' does it get?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
Maybe add 4D Alien Species (for identification and anatomy purposes) and 3D for Languages (to communicate with the patient)? Also, what about a commlink to call in a medevac?

I did not give any fluff on this droid, but my original thought was it is Imperial Army surplus or equipment no longer deemed useful. With that in mind it would be designed for human anatomy, therefore would not need alien species or languages. That is not to say they cannot be equipped to do so by governments or others entities.

The comlink is a good suggestion and I remember mulling it over, but I do not remember why I did not include it. I think I just forgot. Thank you for pointing it out.

garhkal wrote:
It lists medical tools in the arms/hands, but does it actually carry med packs? If so, how many 'uses' does it get?

Listed under Equipped With:

@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mineth eyes doth deceive me...
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. It's a nice substitute if the team doesn't have an actual medic; a medical droid just parked in a charging dock somewhere until its needed.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I like it. It's a nice substitute if the team doesn't have an actual medic; a medical droid just parked in a charging dock somewhere until its needed.

Exactly.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting all these, Don. Just to be clear, are these recent posts homebrews of yours?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Thanks for posting all these, Don. Just to be clear, are these recent posts homebrews of yours?

Hmmmm.

The two droids are 100% my creations, the mechanics for the the Sephi are mine as well. The Firrerreo and Zeltron are rewrites to better reflect new information from the EU. A lot of races have not seen any appreciable changes since their release in 1988-1989 and the company officially folded in 1998. Twenty-five years without updates. The blastsword is a combination of clarifying rules and adding additional rules to better reflect the intended purpose of the item.

Not sure, is that what you were asking?
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Whill wrote:

Yeah everything has been my stuff. Sort of an odd question, but yes, they are my creations. Well, to be clear, the blastsword is a clarification, rewrite, with additional rules.

Not that odd, what with all the work you do converting over droids and ships from Rebels and the like. I took it more as a request for clarification if this was a stat write-up based on an official source, with perhaps an image attached to it.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Whill wrote:

Yeah everything has been my stuff. Sort of an odd question, but yes, they are my creations. Well, to be clear, the blastsword is a clarification, rewrite, with additional rules.

CRMcNeill wrote:
Not that odd, what with all the work you do converting over droids and ships from Rebels and the like. I took it more as a request for clarification if this was a stat write-up based on an official source, with perhaps an image attached to it.

Yes. People post stats for existing things without prior stats. People post updated stats for existing things. People post stats for things of their own creation. People, including you, usually specify which when they are posted. Some of these posts didn't have any specification. If I am going to use someone else's droid stats in my game, I'd like to know the source for the droid. Was it in Rebels, or a novel, an FFG book, etc., or was it something Don made-up? I don't think I'm the only one who'd like to know these things.

Don, you find it odd for someone to ask for information about your stat threads that you did not provide when posted them? That's why the reply button is there. 8)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Don, you find it odd for someone to ask for information about your stat threads that you did not provide when posted them? That's why the reply button is there. 8)

Oh my. You are correct. I typically do post the source. I did not in several of those. I am sorry. I hope you understand, I thought I had posted my source, and that asking if they were mine or something else made me raise a brow. I try very hard to make sure that credit goes to where it is due. I never want to take credit for something other than when I contribute. I never want to be accused of stealing someone else's work and claim to be mine. Now that you have pointed out my oversight, I will quickly fix those. Thank you again for bringing it to my attention.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate it. And I really appreciate all the stats and content you provide and share here.

And I like the concept. Thanks for posting it.

shootingwomprats wrote:
Pel wrote:
Maybe add 4D Alien Species (for identification and anatomy purposes) and 3D for Languages (to communicate with the patient)?

I did not give any fluff on this droid, but my original thought was it is Imperial Army surplus or equipment no longer deemed useful. With that in mind it would be designed for human anatomy, therefore would not need alien species or languages.

Per R&E p.41, "Alien species involves knowledge of any species outside of the character's." For all non-human characters, it includes knowledge of human. Since it is is an Imperial droid, I would suggest giving the droid alien species: humans 4D.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the armor the thing that makes it a "combat" medical droid?

If a medical droid id going to be useful in actual combat, there are some more things I would like it to have:

1. The tactics skill for identifying optimum routes of travel to evacuate patients to a relatively safe area to be worked on (taking advantage of cover and concealment, for example, so as to minimize further risk to the patient during treatment).

2. A portable/foldable litter for moving patients that are not ambulatory.

3. A high lifting skill for the purpose of evacuating patients. 6D (maybe even more) seems appropriate to me. Sometimes, a patient must be carried or dragged to safety, and putting him on the aforementioned litter may take longer than is practical depending on circumstances.

Great write up, by the way.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
1. The tactics skill for identifying optimum routes of travel to evacuate patients to a relatively safe area to be worked on (taking advantage of cover and concealment, for example, so as to minimize further risk to the patient during treatment).

I thought about this, but I ended up not including it, because the droid is actually just a cheap medic put on the field to render first aid to Imperial Army troopers. Perhaps a specialization of (s) Tactics: escape route?

Naaman wrote:
2. A portable/foldable litter for moving patients that are not ambulatory.

I thought about this as well and decided against it. I supplemented this with lifting since I envisioned the droid either dragging or carrying the wounded person over a shoulder. Also a litter really requires at least two people. Yes I know, your going to say that one person can drag a littler. And I will counter that on the battlefield that would not be very effective. So we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Though I would not be against it being a part of the built-in tools and that two the droids could effectively carry a wounded soldier on their combined litter.

Naaman wrote:
3. A high lifting skill for the purpose of evacuating patients. 6D (maybe even more) seems appropriate to me. Sometimes, a patient must be carried or dragged to safety, and putting him on the aforementioned litter may take longer than is practical depending on circumstances.

I could see raising the Lifting to 6D. I envisioned the droid running across a battlefield, moving from cover to cover, finding the wounded solider, rendering aid, tossing him over his shoulder and again moving from cover to cover to the friendly lines.

Naaman wrote:
Great write up, by the way.

Thank you.

There are a ton of things that could be added to this droid that would make it more effective (higher search for finding soldiers on the field, perhaps a GPS uplink for up-to-the-second feed of action in the area of operation, etc). The problem is, the more you add, the better you make it, the more expensive it becomes. The idea was not to overshadow players but supplement them in a logical way. Also, the way I envisioned this droid was as effective, but cheap. Think TIE/ls in comparison to X-wings.

Perhaps there is an upgraded version?

CM-D3 Combat Medic
Model: Burleppe Automatica CM-D3 Combat Medic Droid
DEXTERITY 2D
Dodge 4D
KNOWLEDGE 1D
(s) Tactics: escape route 5D
MECHANICAL 1D
PERCEPTION 1D

Hide 3D, search 3D, sneak 3D
STRENGTH 2D
Climbing/jumping 3D, lifting 6D
TECHNICAL 2D
First aid 6D
Equipped With:
-- Humanoid (2 arms, 2 legs, torso and head)
-- Photoreceptors (see in total darkness)
-- Military comlink
Move: 14
Size: 1.5 meters
Cost: 3,600 credits

or maybe...

CM-D10X Combat Medic
Model: Burleppe Automatica CM-D10X Combat Medic Droid
DEXTERITY 1D
KNOWLEDGE 1D
MECHANICAL 1D

Repulsorlift operation 4D, sensors 3D
PERCEPTION 1D
Hide 3D, search 3D
STRENGTH 2D
Lifting 6D
TECHNICAL 2D
First aid 6D
Equipped With:
-- Cigar-shaped body, six arms
-- Multi-spectrum Macrophotoreceptors (UV, infrared, can see in total darkness without penalty)
-- Military comlink
-- GPS LifeScan (+2D to sensor checks to detect life signs)
-- Repulsor engine (500 meter altitude limit)
-- Storage area (medical items equivalent to 6 medpacs)
Move: 22
Size: 1.85 meters
Cost: 5,200 credits
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: