The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventurer's Journal Presents...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Adventurer's Journal Presents... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Galactic Guide One: Rotgut Station Reply with quote

It's here! Check it out.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great. First glance looks really interesting. I'm looking forward to digging in and checking it out!
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Galactic Guide One: Rotgut Station Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
It's here! Check it out.

Really enjoyed the issue. Very much into the themed world building, and the backstories/background! And as it was modeled on the real life... er, model, great to see the images adapted to stats so well. The different contributors' writing styles also worked to make the station seem like a mixture of different groups/places/people.

And I think the idea to do focused galaxy-guid-type issues regularly is a good one.

EDIT: Enjoyed the use of the old ads as well! Nice touch.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Rotgut Station! Very well done to all who labored to bring this gem to our respective sandboxes.

Thank you!
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like reading reviews for the Journal. I have been on board since issue 1 and have written articles for the last two. This time around I was trying to write about the parts of the station you can't really see in the pictures and tie the whole thing into the SW galaxy at large. I also had a lot of fun using MS Paint to make tables and images so they would look like the originals back in the 90s. As it sits right now it looks like we have momentum to keep this thing going and will be having issue 3 of the Journal out in February.

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Galactic Guide One: Rotgut Station + AJ Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
It's here! Check it out.

So I guess it was discovered that one character's stat in this PDF was missing a force power or something, so they released a corrected version for this one error. I went to the trouble of uploading the new version with this tiny little change at the link above.

On the Facebook group, I asked if they would be releasing a corrected version of AJ Issue #2 because of all the errors, and I can't even get a straight answer. I have pointed out Sutehp's post about it by both linking it to the Facebook group back after Issue #2 came out, and also by just quote-posting there recently. I don't know what else to do. If any of the contributors here can help with this question, please post here. Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Galactic Guide One: Rotgut Station + AJ Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
On the Facebook group, I asked if they would be releasing a corrected version of AJ Issue #2 because of all the errors, and I can't even get a straight answer. I have pointed out Sutehp's post about it by both linking it to the Facebook group back after Issue #2 came out, and also by just quote-posting there recently. I don't know what else to do. If any of the contributors here can help with this question, please post here. Thanks.

Thanks for passing that along, Whill. I wish I had time to help with that, but I have enough on my plate ATM what with Real Life(TM) and my other editing duties (such as they are).

Not to mention my present personal project of designing a Steel Hound Investigator for the Pathfinder RPG. And I'm still trying to learn how d20 works! Shocked But holy damn, Pathfinder looks like an amazing setting for a fantasy RPG. And its sci-fi counterpart, Starfinder, looks nice too.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I present to you, Adventurer's Journal 020119 Issue Three.

Please let us know what you think.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I present to you, Adventurer's Journal 020119 Issue Three.

Looks great.

I particularly loved the Planetary Defense Forces Section, and was wondering if you have brainstormed something like this for PCs as well
Whill

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, sorry for the recent confusion.

Yesterday the AJ editor-in-chief sent me AJ Issue 4 to upload and post, and I did, a day before the publication date. I had a very busy day today with lots of activities but this morning on the AJ Facebook group I saw that the proofreader was doing after-publication edits on Issue 4. Then I got a PM with a link to an updated version of an issue, and in my haste I thought that was a new version of Issue 4 and uploaded it as such because this was the official publication date of Issue. In actually it was an updated version of Issue 3 that was sent to me on the publication date of Issue 4, but I didn't notice that detail and quickly uploaded the updated Issue 3 as Issue 4. Oops.

Here at the end of my long busy day, I tried to update the Issue 3 download. I no longer have the original version of Issue 3 and I think the one there now is the updated one. CRM, could you double check? I think you can probably tell by looking at your article. I think the formatting is fixed but I no longer remember what it originally looked like. I would just like to confirm that it is the updated version. Thanks.

I haven't re-uploaded Issue 4 because they are working on it and it is still not ready yet. I informed the editor-in-chief that the #1 feedback I get about AJ is that it needs proofread and edited before publication. This is just a fan magazine and not for sale, so it is quite baffling to me that they have continually published this before it is actually ready. I have suggested that going forward they adopt the attitude that publication dates be dammed and they just don't actually publish it until it is actually ready, so matter if it is past the target/goal publication date.

Sorry for the confusion. I'll post here when Issue 4 is actually ready. I have requested updated versions of all the documents, and I think what we got today was that update for Issue 3.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is the corrected version of Issue 3.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
dph
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

You should publish the new issue in a separate post!

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/roguetraders
Whill

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dph wrote:
You should publish the new issue in a separate post!

I'm still waiting on the proofread version of Issue #4. I asked about it again. I'd prefer to not have to keep uploading them multiple times.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I present to you, the proofread and edited Adventurer's Journal 050419 Issue Four. It's late for fake Star Wars day, but early for real Star Wars day.

Please let us know what you think!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Odea Ionstrike
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
It's late for fake Star Wars day, but early for real Star Wars day.

Please let us know what you think!

These are great. Is there a way to download the single page version without having a Facebook account?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: