The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

1E Essentials
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG -> 1E Essentials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: 1E Essentials Reply with quote

This thread is meant to identify the essential materials your average game master would want to run a 1E Star Wars game.

I would say that five books come to my mind. I'll post others if I think of them. Others, of course, are welcome to lay down their input.

RULES and BASICS

First Edition Core Rulebook plus the Star Wars Sourcebook. I would say that these are your starting point. The Sourcebook has lots of rules in it that will expand your game, plus info about the Star Wars galaxy.

SETTING

Your two core setting books are the Imperial Sourcebook and the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook.

You'll want to read these four books, cover-to-cover.

Last edited by Wajeb Deb Kaadeb on Sun May 13, 2018 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fifth book that comes to mind is Cracken's Rebel Field Guide. This book has lots of neat rules and ideas in it that will spruce up a game and really make it feel like a few desperate Rebels fighting an unwinnable war against the Evil Galactic Empire.
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve so far run my games using just Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game plus the gamemaster screen from the Campaign Pack. The gamemaster screen includes the difficulty numbers from the Rules Upgrade, so I did reference that booklet for how those work, but didn’t use anything else from it (and anyway it’s not exactly a separate product—it comes with many modules).
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Death Star Technical Compainion was one of my favorites after Cracken rebel field guide. There are some useful maps that could be used for generic Imperial installations and some "new" skills like integrated ship systems, starship design, starship weapon design, and sensor array operation as example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: