The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Replacement parts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Replacement parts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Straxus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject: Replacement parts Reply with quote

My PCs are in a position were they soon will be able to upgrade some parts on their freighter. The only writeups I've been able to find are in GG6, and they only have one entry for each of the hyperdrive speeds, for example.

Just to make it a bit more real, and to give my characters some more options, I want to make a list of (lots) of different parts, even if many will have very similar stats I like better that they get an "Incom CmT54 shield generator" than "generic shield generator".

I'm just getting started, and found some names of different components in Adventure Journal #5 that I've started to stat out, does anyone know of other sources? I'm going to look through Stock Ships next. I like to use names already mentioned somewhere first, before I start making things up myself.

Also: Does it already exist a list of replacement parts somewhere?
I need (ideally) stats, price, name and a tiny bit of fluff for each item.

I will post my list here on the forum, and hopefully someone can add to it or make suggestions to changes.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're looking for a Fantastic Tech: Starships book. While it doesn't exist, let's see what we can cobble together:

Platt's Smuggler's Guide has lots of interior extras (security hatches, tools, servo carts, smuggling gear) to outfit your characters' ship. It also has the following list:

Adventure Journal #5 has a 'Buyer's Guide to Alternative Starships', which lists a few obscure models. The new weapons are of particular note, including pulse laser cannons and plasburst laser cannons. Each ship also has a particular quirk that might add flavor to your list.

Adventure Journal #9 has 'Fizzi's Slightly Used Starships', a short list of customized vessels for source material.

Pirates and Privateers has a decent list of weapons and equipment for less-than-legal spacers on the go.

Other Sources Include:
The Far Orbit Project lists several ship systems and weapons (including manufacturer and model) on page 92.

Galladinium's Fantastic Technology has a few offerings like the Vehicle Remote Activation Controller, System Diagnostic Filter, Hyperdrive Booster, Nav Computer Bypass, and Mon Calamari Aquatic Computer.

The Blockade Runner Guide in the Pit's Downloads section also has a good list of equipment.

If you can find them, the old Battletech Technical Readouts are full of the great flavor you mentioned. From 'Diverse Optics Type II Medium Lasers' to the 'Spar 3c Light Band targeting system' there are tons of inspiration to flesh out your equipment catalog.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZOMG, someone mentioned BattleTech on a Star Wars forum! Shocked

*faints*

*comes to*

Now I'm wondering if other sci-fi RPGs might have relevant flavor text for Straxus. Having recently gotten into Pathfinder, I'm wondering if its companion Sci-fi game Starfinder might have any relevant text that Straxus could use. (Gawds, this d20 system just seems so complicated next to WEG's d6 system or White Wolf's/Onyx Path's Storytelling system....TOO MANY DICE!) I suppose Starjammer and Traveller might also have some decent fluff as they've been around much longer (Starfinder only came out in 2017).
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this out.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Straxus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks a lot guys! I will post my work when I have something to show Very Happy
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also of note, pages 85-92 of the Far Orbit Project have a pretty extensive listing of various pieces of equipment, including starship systems, and each entry includes a notation of which book the stats can be found in.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: