The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Babylon 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Babylon 5 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
Solo4114 wrote:
I thought Sleeping in Light was actually shot during production of Season 4 (which is why Ivanova was there), and the actual Season 4 finale was shot as a backup in case they got renewed.

It was. The show was being cancelled and was then suddenly renewed at the last minute, so Straczynski kept the finale in his pocket for Season 5.

Yup, exactly right. I told this story in my previous post about JMS' story that was quoted from the Season 5 DVD.

Faith manages.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I especially liked how even supremely advanced beings couldn't shrug off a nuke. Of course Sheridan wasn't using little firecrackers either. 500 MT will get anyone's attention. Smile
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
I especially liked how even supremely advanced beings couldn't shrug off a nuke. Of course Sheridan wasn't using little firecrackers either. 500 MT will get anyone's attention. Smile

And he used TWO of them at once at Z'ha'dum. You can bet your @$$ that a 1 gigaton explosion on someone's capital city is GUARANTEED to get their attention. Not to mention the other two times Sheridan used nukes: 1) to kill the Black Star during the Mimbari War and 2) again at Coriana 6 to get the attention of BOTH the Vorlons and Shadows at once.

Lyta Alexander wrote:
Captain...they're pissed.

The Mimbari called him "Sheridan Starkiller" but the fans call him "John 'Nuke 'em' Sheridan." When you can say without equivocation or exaggeration that you earned your nickname "Nuke 'em," that's badass.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're quickly approaching the 25th anniversary of the show's premiere, but I haven't seen anything about it. Given the dwindling number of cast and how well received it's been, I'm a bit disappointed that we're not seeing a mini celebration for the best sci-fi series ever made.
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
We're quickly approaching the 25th anniversary of the show's premiere, but I haven't seen anything about it. Given the dwindling number of cast and how well received it's been, I'm a bit disappointed that we're not seeing a mini celebration for the best sci-fi series ever made.

Of the original cast, I count the following:

- Peter Jurasik
- Mira Furlan
- Bruce Boxleitner (currently guest starring on Supergirl)
- Billy Mumy
- Andrea Thompson
- Tracy Scoggins
- Pat Tallman
- Jason Carter
- Walter Koenig
- Claudia Christiansen
- Robin Atkin Downes

I think that's basically it for the main cast. I know Robin does a lot of v/o work these days. Walter Koenig is in his 80s, so he's probably not doing the cons so much. The rest...who knows.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly enough to have a panel and most of them got along (according to what I've read and anecdotes from Jason Carter). I'd also add Josh Cox (Lt. Corwin) to the list. He was the most prolific minor star and probably has a unique perspective on the show.

Last edited by Pel on Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
Certainly enough to have a panel and most of them got along (according to what I've read and anecdotes from Jason Carter). I'd also add Josh Coxx (Lt. Corwin) to the list. He was the most prolific minor star and probably has a unique perspective on the show.

Oh, yeah, we can't forget Lt. Corwin. The Everyman character who winds up getting "Ivanova Lessons" and actually taking them to heart can't help but be awesome.

Quote:
David Corwin: [more Soul Hunter ships arrive] Okay, activate defense grid. Launch all Starfuries. And if they move shoot 'em. If they don't move, shoot twice. They're probably hiding something.

Yeah, I haven't heard of any B5 anecdotes from Josh Coxx. I'd love to hear the stories he'd have to tell.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Bruce Boxleitner will appear at Cyphacon in April. That's not too far from me. Going to meet Captain Sheridan! Hopefully he'll write "Nuke 'em" on one autograph and "Ramming Speed" on the other. It's so much more relevant than the usual 'best wishes' or 'LLAP'. 8)
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Boxleitner is a true gem and I'm very grateful to have met him. He was extremely gracious with his time and anecdotes and happy to meet all the fans. He owns Sheridan's nickname proudly and was greatly amused to write 'Nuke 'em' and 'Ramming Speed' on the two autographs I purchased.

Next up is hopefully meeting Mira Furlan at Comicpalooza in Houston.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I splurged and bought the complete Babylon 5 Series on DVD. It’s waiting for me to get home from the road tomorrow night...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: