The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEG RPGs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> WEG RPGs? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TauntaunScout
Commander
Commander


Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 330

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when I find old licensed D6 books. It takes you back to the 90's better than anything. Except maybe the time I found a case of both X-Files and White Wolf ccg cards... I would love to get the Ghostbusters game but I can't make heads or tails of the various online listings. I wish it would get reprinted in some form.

I suspect the 3k price tag for three different Indiana Jones books from 3 different sellers, is from pricing algorithms copycatting someone's old typos. I've been known to misplace a decimal in my eBay stuff, both as a buyer and a seller. The older TSR one is like $300 on Amazon. I suspect someone was simultaneously confused, optimistic, and a bad typist. I have emailed all three sellers asking them if this is a mistake.

My favorite though has to be the eBay Lego clone trooper (not special edition or anything) for like $30k or something bizarre like that. The seller had several available. I think it was part of someone's money laundering system.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 5660
Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
I love it when I find old licensed D6 books... I would love to get the Ghostbusters game but I can't make heads or tails of the various online listings. I wish it would get reprinted in some form.

https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Frightfully-Cheerful-Roleplaying-Game/dp/0874310431

Here is a listing for the original Gb RPG box set FYI. I have it but I've never played it. I'm not a fan of the first two movies (and haven't seen the third one), but the game is a novelty collector item for D6 fans because it is the proto-D6 system (the first proper D6 system game of course being Star Wars 1e). I can't really recommend it, especially for the prices it is being sold for!

I'd be interested in seeing the second edition of the game for the game system since it was post-Star Wars. And the second Gb game is basically the only WEG RPG I don't own in my collection (along with all the Masterbook settings except Indiana Jones). So if I came across it cheap I'd snag it. Otherwise, oh well.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TauntaunScout
Commander
Commander


Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 330

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Here is a listing for the original Gb RPG box set FYI.


For that price I'd have to already have nostalgic memories of it! Oh well. I'll have to hold out for a yard-sale find. My best find yet was a copy of Heroquest w/ Kellar's Keep and Battlemasters on the curb in someone's garbage, the same day I got a right proper good cast iron cauldron for $5. So I am endlessly optimistic.

One of the Indiana Jones $3k sellers emailed me back:
"Our prices are measured against market value for the item. The price can fluctuate based on the used market value, but we do not manually adjust it."

So as I suspected, probably a bunch of &^#&%! algorithms are copying human error, and the actual humans aren't trusted to put a stop to it. But if some prankster were to list 20 copies for 50 cents each the problem might be fixed Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 5660
Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
the same day I got a right proper good cast iron cauldron for $5. So I am endlessly optimistic.

A good cast iron cauldron for making potions?
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
S-Foil
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 65

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
TauntaunScout wrote:
I love it when I find old licensed D6 books... I would love to get the Ghostbusters game but I can't make heads or tails of the various online listings. I wish it would get reprinted in some form.

https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Frightfully-Cheerful-Roleplaying-Game/dp/0874310431

Here is a listing for the original Gb RPG box set FYI. I have it but I've never played it. I'm not a fan of the first two movies (and haven't seen the third one), but the game is a novelty collector item for D6 fans because it is the proto-D6 system (the first proper D6 system game of course being Star Wars 1e). I can't really recommend it, especially for the prices it is being sold for!

I'd be interested in seeing the second edition of the game for the game system since it was post-Star Wars. And the second Gb game is basically the only WEG RPG I don't own in my collection (along with all the Masterbook settings except Indiana Jones). So if I came across it cheap I'd snag it. Otherwise, oh well.


The Ghostbusters 1e game (Ghostbusters International was 2e) is a really fun game. It plays super fast and is easy to get players into. The adventures are also a lot of fun, WEG was always great with adventures IMO.

All the games I've run with it have been one shots so the easy mechanics is super helpful. However there's no negative aspects that prevent longer campaigns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TauntaunScout
Commander
Commander


Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 330

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

A good cast iron cauldron for making potions?


For historical reenactment. It SHOULD be cast cuprous alloy instead of a ferrous alloy but the sillouette was dead-on, and in most of the visual sources the copper and bronze cookware is black in color, not red tones. This is presumably from years of soot permeating the exterior surfaces. My friend paid several hundred dollars for his cast bronze cauldron, tinned on the inside for safety, and it's awesome but, the two pans function the same, both at least look accurate, and mine was $5.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0