The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What is the best way to watch the films?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> What is the best way to watch the films? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillTasker wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:
I've never seen Babylon 5.

You need to remedy that. It's good sci-fi.

If you've never seen LOTR Wink

Hey, now. You're mixing up your genres. LOTR is NOT sci-fi, it's fantasy. Don't confuse apples with oranges. Razz
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the B5 books are out of print and not available through the usual online sources, except as used physical copies. Having missed these the first time around, I'd happily pay for some pdf versions.

Sutehp wrote:
LOTR is NOT sci-fi, it's fantasy. Don't confuse apples with oranges.

Apples and Oranges and Apricots. Oh my! Very Happy
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Scribd. You have to pay a monthly fee, so it isn't piracy strictly speaking, but they have a LOT of out-of-print games available in pdf format. I just did a search for Babylon 5 Rpg and got 8 pages of results. You'll have to weed through a bunch of off-topic results after the first page, but it looks pretty complete.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen several B5 RPG books in Half-Price books over the years. I don't recall ever even picking one up and looking at it because I've never seen the show.

CRMcNeill wrote:
Try Scribd. You have to pay a monthly fee, so it isn't piracy strictly speaking, but they have a LOT of out-of-print games available in pdf format. I just did a search for Babylon 5 Rpg and got 8 pages of results. You'll have to weed through a bunch of off-topic results after the first page, but it looks pretty complete.

Thanks for not posting any links here. Paying a subscription fee for pirate booty is just paying the pirates. Below is an article where the Scribd VP of Content Acquisition admits that piracy is a known problem they have an ongoing process for addressing, mostly depending on users to report bootlegged material. I didn't see any links to Scribd in the article.

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/digital/content-and-e-books/article/60589-scribd-responds-to-writer-beware-on-pirated-content.html
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
LOTR is NOT sci-fi, it's fantasy. Don't confuse apples with oranges.

Apples and Oranges and Apricots. Oh my! Very Happy

Ok, now you're alluding to musicals. Granted, The Wizard of Oz is a fantasy musical, but still...musicals. Let's not borrow trouble, Pel. Razz
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also obtained my two B5 books from HPB. Sadly, those were the only two around, but I do occasionally make the circuit looking for more.

If they'd just put them on Drivethrurpg.com everyone would be happy!

Sutehp, I just saw the 80th anniversary showing of Wizard of Oz, so it's fresh on my mind. Never saw it on the big screen before and man, was it spectacular. Not normally one for musicals, but this one holds up well. It's also the first movie I ever watched on TV, as a wee lad of some few weeks old, accompanied by my grandfather, so that one's got a special place.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was a kid and we only had 4 TV channels, it seemed like they put The Wizard of Oz on TV once a year. I watched it several times growing up. I did actually see it in the theater when it came back 20 years ago for its 60th anniversary. At the time I lived right across the street from a movie theater so I walked my girlfriend's kids over and we watched it. It was their first movie in the theater. Their second was TPM.

8)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
I also obtained my two B5 books from HPB. Sadly, those were the only two around, but I do occasionally make the circuit looking for more.

Agreed, if more old gaming books were on Drivethrurpg.com, that would not be a bad thing at all.

Pel wrote:
Sutehp, I just saw the 80th anniversary showing of Wizard of Oz, so it's fresh on my mind. Never saw it on the big screen before and man, was it spectacular. Not normally one for musicals, but this one holds up well. It's also the first movie I ever watched on TV, as a wee lad of some few weeks old, accompanied by my grandfather, so that one's got a special place.

Agreed, Wizard of Oz also has a special place since it's one of the first movies I ever saw on TV as well. But for all that, it still can't top seeing Star Wars in the theater in 1977. 8)

Whill wrote:
When I was a kid and we only had 4 TV channels, it seemed like they put The Wizard of Oz on TV once a year. I watched it several times growing up. I did actually see it in the theater when it came back 20 years ago for its 60th anniversary. At the time I lived right across the street from a movie theater so I walked my girlfriend's kids over and we watched it. It was their first movie in the theater. Their second was TPM.

8)

Good to see you starting those kids out right with TPM being their second ever theater outing. You gotta get them young. Wink
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Pel wrote:

Agreed, if more old gaming books were on Drivethrurpg.com, that would not be a bad thing at all.

I agree. There's quite a few out-of-print old RPG books that I literally can't find anywhere. I'd love to have the option of paying for them in pdf format.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those interested in Babylon 5 books, you might also look into interlibrary loan through your local library.

https://www.worldcat.org/search?qt=worldcat_org_all&q=babylon+5#%2528x0%253Abook%2Bx4%253Aprintbook%2529format
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: