The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Palpatine Family
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Palpatine Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Palpatine Family Reply with quote

We all know the canon story about how Sheev killed his family (I would have too if they neamed me Sheev, just saying).

Becuse my brain works a little wierd like i suddenly came to think about possible other extended family and survivors and what if any role they would play in the Empire.

I would not find it out of the realm of possibility that Palpatine Senior had a brother or a sister that had a family etc.

So would it be plausable that an actual blood relative, a 2nd cousin or something maybe evenmore remote would exist and be nown to the Emperor, and if so would this be a threat to be dealt with or......would this be a "new" aristcracy withing the empire?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, there's a canon story about Sheev killing off his family? References, please! I haven't heard anything about this (but then I haven't gone out of my way to find out).
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Palpatine Family Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
We all know the canon story about how Sheev killed his family (I would have too if they neamed me Sheev, just saying).

Sutehp wrote:
Wait, there's a canon story about Sheev killing off his family? References, please! I haven't heard anything about this (but then I haven't gone out of my way to find out).

Palpatine killing his family has not entered into canon yet. So far it is still only Legends. The story of that was in the Darth Plagueis novel.

And Palpatine's first name being Sheev is only canon. One of Lucas' restrictions for the EU was to never give Palpatine a first name, just like Yoda's species name could never be named. In the Darth Plagueis, it acknowledges that Palpatine was given a birth name but it is never stated what the name was and then Palpatine decides when he becomes of age to officially change his name to just Palpatine only. Silly but the author was trying to address the unrealism of Palpatine not having another name while at the same time honoring Lucas's restriction, making up a reason why his first name never comes up in the films.

And just like Lucas reneged on Maul being irrevocably dead, when the franchise was sold to Disney Lucas told them, 'By the way, Palpatine's never-before-revealed first name is Sheev, just in case you want to reveal that.' And Kathleen Kennedy was like 'Sure, George, whatever' and just like that Lucas made that canon when he forbade it before and actually no longer had the power to alter canon. And then in the Darth Plagueis author's canon novel Tarkin, suddenly Tarkin is one of the few people who is on a first name basis with Palpatine and "Sheev" is canon dropped.

Sheev is a silly name, but just like Lucas adding more rocks to Artoo's hiding space and changing Obi-Wan's fake krayt dragon call yet again, I said, "Whatever, George." So his name is Sheev now.

Mamatried wrote:
Becuse my brain works a little wierd like i suddenly came to think about possible other extended family and survivors and what if any role they would play in the Empire.

I would not find it out of the realm of possibility that Palpatine Senior had a brother or a sister that had a family etc.

So would it be plausable that an actual blood relative, a 2nd cousin or something maybe evenmore remote would exist and be nown to the Emperor, and if so would this be a threat to be dealt with or......would this be a "new" aristcracy withing the empire?

I think in the EU he had a niece or grandniece or something. In my SWU, Palpatine still killed his immediate family at age 17, so any extended family (uncles, cousins, etc.) could exist, but I feel Palpatine only would allow them to exist if they served his purposes in some way. If not, they would be eliminated. I haven't bothered to detail any of his extended family but in my SWU, Palpatine has his own immediate family.

Palpatine had a wife who died before TPM and a son by her, and he remarried after TPM and had a second son. Both sons gave Palpatine grandsons. So I've got a "House of Palpatine" going on and it sets up a post-RotJ setting that is on the back burner pending the conclusion of the sequel trilogy. I'm not running anything outside of the prequel/classic era and won't for a while.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Palpatine Family Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Sheev is a silly name, but just like Lucas adding more rocks to Artoo's hiding space and changing Obi-Wan's fake krayt dragon call yet again, I said, "Whatever, George." So his name is Sheev now.

Look, this is a galaxy where people name a child "Kit Fisto" with a straight face. We passed silly 20 years back.

Fisto. FFS.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Palpatine Family Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Whill wrote:

Look, this is a galaxy where people name a child "Kit Fisto" with a straight face. We passed silly 20 years back.

Fisto. FFS.

Point taken, but if you want to get technical the franchise passed silly in 1977 and never looked back. And Kit Fisto is just a background Jedi who's name is never stated in the films. Palpatine is a significantly more important character. Silly, but still. It's all relative. There is really no comparison between Kit Fisto and Palpatine.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Palpatine Family Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
There is really no comparison between Kit Fisto and Palpatine.

Yeah, Kit Fisto lasted all of 5 seconds against Palpatine. Poor guy died like a punk.

What about Triclops? Anyone ever use him in a campaign?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Palpatine Family Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Whill wrote:

Fisto. FFS.

And if Clone Wars had gotten another season, we might have had a resurrected form made mostly of droid parts...

... now called Fisto Roboto.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TCW is getting another season so don't give them any ideas!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Palpatine Family Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
And if Clone Wars had gotten another season, we might have had a resurrected form made mostly of droid parts...

As well as Palpatine's new major domo Arigato?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Palpatine Family Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
cheshire wrote:

As well as Palpatine's new major domo Arigato?

A majordomo named Arigato? Gee, thank you very much for that! (See what I did there?) 8)
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[desire to press Like Button intensifies]

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
[desire to press Like Button intensifies]

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: