The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Introduce Yourself - Redux
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Introduce Yourself - Redux Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starbeard
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, here I am!

I've lurked here off and on for a long time. I even have a sneaking suspicion that I once had an account here many moons ago, but wouldn't even remember what name I went under.

I'm in my 30s, part of that generation whose first RPG experience was with Star Wars D6, and it's still one of my favourite games. I'm not running any D6 at the moment, but I try to get in a session or two every couple of years, at least. Someday I'll get a campaign going again, I keep thinking to myself.

Other than that, I started on 2nd edition, but find myself enjoying 1st edition more as I get older. Same with the setting: I began wanting complete concordance with the EU, but now I'm mostly excited about the wild possibilities of a game with a devil-may-care, Star Wars '77 vibe.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starbeard wrote:
Hello, here I am!

I've lurked here off and on for a long time. I even have a sneaking suspicion that I once had an account here many moons ago, but wouldn't even remember what name I went under.

I'm in my 30s, part of that generation whose first RPG experience was with Star Wars D6, and it's still one of my favourite games. I'm not running any D6 at the moment, but I try to get in a session or two every couple of years, at least. Someday I'll get a campaign going again, I keep thinking to myself.

Other than that, I started on 2nd edition, but find myself enjoying 1st edition more as I get older. Same with the setting: I began wanting complete concordance with the EU, but now I'm mostly excited about the wild possibilities of a game with a devil-may-care, Star Wars '77 vibe.

Welcome to the Pit, Starbeard!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Starbeard
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Star Wars is back in the air around my house, and after realizing that I've spent at least three years talking about D6 Star Wars on other gaming forums, I figured it was finally time to come around and join the conversation here.
BentonGrey
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy folks! I'm new to the forums and new to the WEG Star Wars game, after a fashion. I'm really glad to find y'all here and find such a great community still existing for this game.

I'm another fellow in his 30s, part of that second generation of movie fandom. I've always been a huge Star Wars fan, and I had a ton of the WEG books when I was a kid. I pored over them for hours and hours, treasuring them as further glimpses into that universe, but I never got the chance to play the game. Now my gaming group has decided to do a Star Wars campaign, and I've volunteered to run the first part, which brings be back to this awesome system and its riches.

I hope that y'all will help me as I bungle my way through finding my feet with this game.

Benton Grey
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BentonGrey wrote:
Howdy folks! I'm new to the forums and new to the WEG Star Wars game, after a fashion. I'm really glad to find y'all here and find such a great community still existing for this game.

I'm another fellow in his 30s, part of that second generation of movie fandom. I've always been a huge Star Wars fan, and I had a ton of the WEG books when I was a kid. I pored over them for hours and hours, treasuring them as further glimpses into that universe, but I never got the chance to play the game. Now my gaming group has decided to do a Star Wars campaign, and I've volunteered to run the first part, which brings be back to this awesome system and its riches.

I hope that y'all will help me as I bungle my way through finding my feet with this game.

Welcome, Benton Grey!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Kahn265
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject: *Waves* Reply with quote

Hi all!

Been playing RPGs rather steadily since late 80s and despite many other systems (including a lot of d20), I think WEG D6 is still my favourite system. The fact that is part of my favourite movies/setting probably helps. It's the system I cut my RPG teeth on, so to speak.

With that in mind, recently when I expressed an interest in running Paizo's Starfinder for them, they all indicated a bit of d20 fatigue. Jumping on that, I decided to brush off my HUGE collection of Star Wars D6 RPG books and run it with that system. I could do Star Wars, but I figured they are less familiar with the SF setting so I'd just run it there with Force Rules to support magic.

ANYWAY, I start digging for communities and rule support when, lo and behold, I found this forum!

So here I am!
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the pit
Very Happy
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said no to Starfinder? Damn, I just got into Pathfinder! It's my first foray into the D20 system and I'm loving every minute of it. It's funny because I cut my teeth on the Old World of Darkness and the Storyteller System so it's quite an adjustment for me to get into the D20 system. I'm still having a blast playing Pathfinder Society Play, though. I already got my swashbuckler to Level 10 since rolling him last December (10 levels in 2 months! I LOVE adventure modules that award an entire level in one session!)

Now I just need some level 1-3 scenarios so I can level up my cleric, my investigator and my bolt ace gunslinger. I'm tired of playing pregen characters. Sure, the gold and XP will be great to award to my characters once they get to Level 4, but it's the getting them to Level 4 that's problematic because of the dearth of Level 1-3 scenarios around here in DC....

Oh, and welcome to the Pit, Kahn. 8)
Kahn265
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
They said no to Starfinder? Damn, I just got into Pathfinder! It's my first foray into the D20 system and I'm loving every minute of it.

We play a LOT of d20. We went through Skull and Shackles in PF, and we are on book 6 of Shattered Star. We are also playing Mutants and Masterminds. In the past we have played 13th Age.

It's more d20 fatigue rather than dislike. They actually didn't say no initially, it was more of a vibe I got that prompted me to ask. I've working on a slightly modified d6 sheet to support it after I noted that skill DCs between d20 and d6 are fairly similar.
Kahn265
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone cares...

D6 Starfinder Character sheet
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VVj93x9gSAs35cfXtSjyGLexP2FKPnCA

(Apologies to Jez Gordon as I hacked up his sheet)

This makes the skills line up between the systems
jeff37923
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new here. I've loved the d6 version of the SWRPG ever since it came out in 1987. After boot camp, I always had a copy of the main rulebook with me in the Navy.

I've been lurking here for awhile and first found this site through using the (now defunct?) planet generator to create a bunch of random Star Wars worlds. I've gotten a lot of useful information from ya'll over the years, so I decided to finally join.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit, Jeff!
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, long time lurker, first time poster. Laughing
Leona Makk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: The Return of Leona! Reply with quote

HI EVERYONE!
Its me! Leona Makk. I disappeared for a long time....a long time. Life sure is bonkers! But I am back now and everything will be okay. Don't worry...I will create a whole new set of Lightsaber Combat Rules and write up stats for Han Solo with 12d in Bargain.

Clear skies everyone!
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Return of Leona! Reply with quote

Leona Makk wrote:
HI EVERYONE!
Its me! Leona Makk. I disappeared for a long time....a long time. Life sure is bonkers! But I am back now and everything will be okay. Don't worry...I will create a whole new set of Lightsaber Combat Rules and write up stats for Han Solo with 12d in Bargain.

Clear skies everyone!

Welcome back!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: