The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Main IC Thread I
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> As the Company Goes . . . . -> Main IC Thread I Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She turned her head to the two men as she filled her cup " what do you mean the company don't know?" she leaned pot into the short walkway looking towards the cockpit for a moment before turning back to Jack and Jarmon "I don't like not exactly knowing what i am heading into. I should maybe check up on our pilot, maybe check the flight coordinates before entering orbit."
She put her cup aside and scooted into her cabin for a only a moment returning with her balster and holster, strapping it to her hip as she retuned , grabbing her cup and sitting down.

"I suppose I am somewhat of a troubleshooter my self, I used to be a navigator once, but..." she pauses.
"...this is not our normal milk run, I don't think i have worked with a team this....well armed, anyone know something the company does not, or won't say" she winks .
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well-armed?" Jarmon asked skeptically. "We're not exactly armed for a planetary assault," he chuckled. Jarmon produced his datapad, opened his orders to Mr. Madnard's seal, and quietly displayed it for Jack and Zharin to inspect. "This is my authorization for being here. I apologize for not presenting it earlier, Mr. Freeman." Jarmon focused on Zharin. "Where's yours?"
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She produced her own datapad, pressing the screen and placing it on the table, not really saying more than what could be read on the screen for all to see.

" I was just referring to....." she pauses " the lack of inormation, and if the company doesn't exactly know......" she quickly taps her holster " then that is trouble, it is either buckets or pirates....or?" she looks at the men "I never liked it when the company don't exactly know " she sighs but with a somehwat amused grin.
Bradwardine
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Zharin Moran's datapad screen shows this. Reply with quote

The datapad shows a record of an express communication from a mid-level Company official to one Zharin Moran, telling her to take the M.E. Workingman to Zwerg, there to report upon arrival to the Madnard Metals and Stone Mining Division-Zwerg manager for further instructions.
"Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." (Ecclesiastes 12:13b)
"God . . . now commandeth all men everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30b)
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Zharin Moran's datapad screen shows this. Reply with quote

Bradwardine wrote:
The datapad shows a record of an express communication from a mid-level Company official to one Zharin Moran, telling her to take the M.E. Workingman to Zwerg, there to report upon arrival to the Madnard Metals and Stone Mining Division-Zwerg manager for further instructions.

She get up and heads back to her cabin once a biping alarm goes off " ahh seems we're getting close" She says as she grabs her small bag and throws her armor vest loosely over her shoulders.

"Are we landing on plant or docking in space with the M.E. Workingman" she leans out inot the cockpit walkway and asks the pilot.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarmon looked at Jack. "Well, I'm glad we got that sorted out. Thought we had an unauthorized person for a bit."
Bradwardine
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: The captain answers; the P.A. com comes to life. Reply with quote

To the left and a foot or so above Zharin Moran's ear a "Hshshchhh" sounds from the public address com speaker on that corner. "I heard you up here. We will be landing . . . once we get there. A few more hours in-system, then landing once we are assured that the hangar is clear. If you need anything, or have any questions, come up to the bridge." A few seconds pass. "On that note, would the "non-descript" passenger seen reading Droidweek please head back toward the hold; Ray is fixing something and would like to pick your "non-descript" brain about it."
"Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." (Ecclesiastes 12:13b)
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She nods " yes, you may be right, we prepare for anything"
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarmon heard the announcement and was confused for a moment. He looked around the lounge, sheepishly realized he was the only one with a copy of the datazine, and stood.

"I'll head back to the hold," he informed Jack. "I already read this one twice anyway."

Kell glanced around the lounge again, not used to being noticed, and retreated to the cargo hold. Finding Ray, he inquired, "How can I help?"
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the other's head for the hold Zharin leand through the opening to the cockpit.
"Wanna hand with the docking?" She siad to the pilot.
Bradwardine
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject: The pilot's response. Reply with quote

The pilot's head doesn't turn as he keeps his attention on guiding the ship. "You are a pilot? No, thanks; that is what my copilot is for. However, until he comes back from his bunk, if Captain Starward approves . . . ," turning his head just enough to see the captain out the corner of his eye, and getting a nod, "you may sit in his seat."

Said seat is to the pilot's right, both of them before the long window that is the bridge front "windshield".
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zharin offers a smile and quickly slides into the seat, nodding at the pilot as she gives the controls a quick look over.
" Want me on the systems?" she flips a switch" I can do stabilators and thust control, want me on sensoring too?"
Bradwardine
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject: The pilot's reply to Moran; scenes on the bridge. Reply with quote

"Just enjoy the ride and the view," the helmsman responds, his attention still forward. A quiet rustle of motion precedes the captain's leaning on his hands on the dashboard of controls and displays to Zharin Moran's right. "Tell me what you've flown, Miss," he says in soft, easy tones.

The sounds of conversation on the bridge filter back down the corridor to the lounge.

[Kytross and Mamatried, make a Perception roll; put the result in brackets at the end of your posts.]
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zharin simply smiles at the pilot. And to his question about what she had of any prior experience her answer is swift "mostly Action's and a few corellians, though I don't assume fighters count"

Following the Pilots instructions she co pilots at the best of her abilites

(roll 11)

Last edited by Mamatried on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Bradwardine
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: The captain continues: Reply with quote

"Ah, then you will have some notion of what we have to do in bringing this marine mammoth-slug in. We always bring the barge out of hyperspace outside the system, to avoid any chance of a mass-shadow collision with one of the planets. That's after a very slow and careful hyperspace jump here. This is the regular Company supply ship for Zwerg, meaning that it carries the necessities for the bulk of the moon's population. You know how sluggishly a ship like this turns: an Action VI is like a toddler crawling; the barge is like an infant just learning to crawl. We plot our course changes far in advance so as to avoid sudden needs to turn; when we near the gas giant that Zwerg orbits, we swing wide away from it and back around to come at the moon on the side directly opposite from the gas giant. Then an easy, high orbit of Zwerg til' we're told the hangar, and atmosphere, are clear of gravel for the moment; we end with a very precise downward dive angling into a ginger level run into a hangar whose doorway this barge fits rather closely."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> As the Company Goes . . . . All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: