The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Rebels
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Star Wars Rebels Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to watch TCW in in-universe chronological order but only got to the 2nd season before I lost interest.

I have all 4 seasons of Rebels and enjoyed it immensely. I am wondering if the ending of Rebels will have any impact on Ep IX. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ezra's crush on Sabine is adorable.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the fight on the Star Destroyer, with Master and Padawan using each other's lightsabers? Awesome.

And Sabine's plans always involve grenades.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just met Fulcrum without her mask. I squeed.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Ezra's crush on Sabine is adorable.

Yeah, I love how she just brushes him off every time he tries to be suave with her. But Ezra eventually loses the crush (or it never gets mentioned again) sometime through Season 2.

MrNexx wrote:
And the fight on the Star Destroyer, with Master and Padawan using each other's lightsabers? Awesome.

And Sabine's plans always involve grenades.

If you think that's awesome, just wait until you see the lightsaber fights in Season 2, especially the ones in Ep. 10 "The Future of the Force" and Eps. 21 & 22 "Twilight of the Apprentice, Parts I & II." You might go blind watching it. (See what I did there?)

MrNexx wrote:

I was only partially aware of the significance of this when I saw the Season 1 finale the first time, not having seen the entirety of TCW. But I still knew enough to recognize Fulcrum I when her identity was revealed.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:

MrNexx wrote:

I was only partially aware of the significance of this when I saw the Season 1 finale the first time, not having seen the entirety of TCW. But I still knew enough to recognize Fulcrum I when her identity was revealed.

I've watched ALL of TCW, and consider it one of the best realized pieces of Star Wars media.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still really loving this series, though I keep thinking that maybe Force Training isn't supposed to be as hard as people like to make it out to be. Like, if you have the natural ability, once you've been exposed to it and learned some of the basics (i.e. Ezra having to learn concentration and focus), the rest of it is a lot easier.

And I can't help but think that Concord Dawn is Peragus.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Still really loving this series, though I keep thinking that maybe Force Training isn't supposed to be as hard as people like to make it out to be. Like, if you have the natural ability, once you've been exposed to it and learned some of the basics (i.e. Ezra having to learn concentration and focus), the rest of it is a lot easier.

Well, it's easier to train a Force-sensitive (who by definition have natural talent in the Force) in the ways of the Force than a non-Force-sensitive (who don't). Laughing

But in all seriousness, it's easy to see how some individuals take to learning about the Force/training their Force potential easier than others. Hell, aside from Yoda's training (which lasted between a few days or a few months depending on how long it took for the Millennium Falcon to get from Hoth to Bespin on their backup hyperdrive), Luke is pretty much self-taught and still managed to become a Jedi Master. As for pure raw Force talent, we have Rey and Kylo Ren/Ben Solo who have so much raw potential that it scared (or should have scared, in the case of Ben Solo) the crap out of Luke himself. With Rey having her raw talent in the Force and now possessing the ancient Jedi texts (that Luke didn't even bother to read, if what Yoda in TLJ implied is true), she has more than enough to build a new foundation for a new Jedi Order.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Ezra mind-controlling a walker pilot to shoot his allies, then walk off the platform? That's dark s***, right there.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, just throwing this out there:

The Y-Wing is the Star Wars Universe equivalent of the A-10 Warthog.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:

Doesn't really have the gun for it...

If we're doing comparisons to modern aircraft, I'd say it's more like an F-4 Phantom: capable and versatile enough to serve as a fighter-bomber, but past its prime, and likely to get pretty badly chopped up against modern superiority craft like the F-15E or F-22.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
MrNexx wrote:

Doesn't really have the gun for it...

If we're doing comparisons to modern aircraft, I'd say it's more like an F-4 Phantom: capable and versatile enough to serve as a fighter-bomber, but past its prime, and likely to get pretty badly chopped up against modern superiority craft like the F-15E or F-22.

Yeah, I think I have to agree with CRM: As I recall, the A-10 was pretty much designed around its big Vulcan gun, which itself was made to put large holes in tanks. Granted the A-10 has other ordinance, but to my mind, that 1,000 rounds per minute cannon is what the Warthog is really known for. The Y-Wing doesn't have an equivalent for that. As such, it's much like the F-4 as CRM said.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE the Warthog. I think the Y-wing is closer to the A-37 or Su-25. Maybe even a B-25. That platform had many iterations, including recon and was a good medium bomber. Now if you removed the launchers and installed more guns like the B-25 J...Now that would be interesting.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-25 was a multi-crew medium bomber, not a 1-2 seat strike fighter. There isn't really a clear analog to WW2 bombers in the SWU, but it would be pretty easy to convert a light freighter like a YT-1300 into a bomber by turning its cargo bays into bomb bays. If we're looking at WW2 equivalents, the Y- is more like a Dauntless dive bomber; 1-2 crew, used as either a strike or scout platform with limited air-to-air capability (nowhere near good enough to go one-on-one with a Japanese Zero).

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about the Dauntless. Good call. Another possible candidate is the S-3 Viking, but it lacked defensive armament like the A-6, so neither is an exact analog. My rambling aside, yes the Y-Wing is a strike fighter/light bomber.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: