The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars: Always
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Star Wars: Always
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Star Wars: Always Reply with quote

So the actor from That 70s Show (Topher Grace) and his friend created this "trailer" for Star Wars including footage from all 10 Star Wars movies (some more than others). They tried to keep it fresh by including some footage from deleted scenes. It's ok. I certainly wouldn't show this to someone who hasn't seen the films because there are too many spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdoWJywrOuw

I'm a fan of the show (well the first 5 seasons) but I never knew the actor was a big Star Wars fan in real life. I just found out that he also created his own edit of the prequel trilogy where he distilled it down into 1 single hour and a half film. But I guess he had a private screening for friends and never released it publicly. I am aware that there are many fan edits out there including a handful that do the same thing, edit the PT down to a single movie, but I haven't seen any of them. Well, I think I tried to watch one one time and got bored with it so quit.

I've just got one more thing to say: ACTION! FIGURES!!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is circulating the SW: Legion boards too. One gripe I always had with That 70's Show was the way it depicted Star Wars merchandise. They'd go out of their way to create 70's style chip bags and stuff but used 1990's Star Wars merchandise.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
This is circulating the SW: Legion boards too. One gripe I always had with That 70's Show was the way it depicted Star Wars merchandise. They'd go out of their way to create 70's style chip bags and stuff but used 1990's Star Wars merchandise.

I was quick to notice the Star Wars toys too, but I didn't really have a problem with it because that was just production reality - It would be more expensive and difficulty to track down authentic vintage SW toys when the difference wouldn't even be noticed by most viewers. There were many anachronisms on the show. One time the kids had a minor bet going for $20, but that was outrageous because $20 was a hell of a lot more money in the 70s than it was when the episode aired, but it seems that the producers didn't care because the realities of inflation would be lost on most viewers. The show focused on keeping more modern technologies out of the show, and for the most part stuck to the style and appearance of everything in the 70s.

The pilot episode was dated as taking place in May of 1976, when most of the kids were in the end of their freshman year. The rest of the season jumped forward to what was explicitly their sophomore year (except Jackie who was explicitly a freshman). Towards the end of that first season Star Wars came out so it was May of 1977. So far so good. But then it took five seasons to portray three years of school because they didn't graduate high school until the end of Season 5. But the problem was, they explicitly had a summer break in between each of those five seasons.

And Bob had an annual Veterans Day cookout. In November. In Wisconsin. And no one even wore jackets. Donna's little sister just disappeared from existence. You just can't really hold this TV show to the standards of logic or it just all falls apart. It's a sit com that celebrated a lot of the aspects of the 70s, and had a main character that was obsessed with the one Star Wars movie they had in that decade... except that one episode he was mysteriously referred to being obsessed with the 60s Batman TV show instead of Star Wars. 8)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: