The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force User's Handbook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Force User's Handbook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was goinf through the book, and it seems the last pages are missing, the pdf ends on page 132, and no it is nt due to mismatching, if you scroll to the end you see it stops in the middle of the section on playing other force traditions and actually misses the last part as well the index

Great rescourse though
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The Force Compendium Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
I created a Force compendium of sorts a few years back that covers Force abilities other Force-using traditions, like the Baran-Do, use. I listed various Dathomiri and Nightsister abilities in there, and one of them is the shapeshifting ability Charal used. I drew on the Book of Sith for that. Do a search for it, and you should find it.

CRMcNeill wrote:
I did a Search for Force Compendium in my Star Wars Roleplaying folder (which, for the record, is currently at 12.5 Gigs in 11,927 files), and it would seem I've had a copy all along.

Mamatried wrote:
I was goinf through the book, and it seems the last pages are missing, the pdf ends on page 132, and no it is nt due to mismatching, if you scroll to the end you see it stops in the middle of the section on playing other force traditions and actually misses the last part as well the index

Great rescourse though

Mama, thanks for pointing that out. Forceally, we have uploaded the version CRM found of the The Force Compendium, but it does seem the end of the document is missing. Do you have the complete version so we can update it? Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm surprised it was cut off like that. I still have it, and from the page count, I might have added some powers to it, but I haven't worked on it for so long. Right now, I'm using a computer at a library, as my laptop's video screen died months ago, and I need to save up money to get a new one. I also need to do a little research on one of the powers here and the Darth Vader comics. I think there's at least one new power I want to create, and I want to add a reference to a power I found in the fan-made Rebels Sourcebooks. Once I get those done, I'll let you know, and you can help guide me in uploading the update.

Hope you're still enjoying it.
DarkJackal
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea and needs to happen. You might want to look to FFG's anniversary version of the WEG SW game as they made the effects of Lightsaber Combat a passive effect when Force-users use lightsabers. That might make sense to not as an option both for lightsabers and for other Force attuned weapons (like alchemic blades)

When discussing the lightsaber forms it would be nice to have styles like in the martial arts handbook. Having seen a few of these they are pretty good but Juyo becomes a mess if you run a Dark Side campaign.

It would be handy to have some templates for Sith and non-Jedi Force-using traditions (maybe with a discussion of them). Heck maybe even the old or some new Jedi templates as well. Also maybe a discussion of alchemy and other Force-based technologies.

I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Mamatried wrote:

Great rescourse though

Mama, thanks for pointing that out. Forceally, we have uploaded the version CRM found of the The Force Compendium, but it does seem the end of the document is missing. Do you have the complete version so we can update it? Thanks.

Forceally wrote:
Wow. I'm surprised it was cut off like that. I still have it, and from the page count, I might have added some powers to it, but I haven't worked on it for so long. Right now, I'm using a computer at a library, as my laptop's video screen died months ago, and I need to save up money to get a new one. I also need to do a little research on one of the powers here and the Darth Vader comics. I think there's at least one new power I want to create, and I want to add a reference to a power I found in the fan-made Rebels Sourcebooks. Once I get those done, I'll let you know, and you can help guide me in uploading the update.

Welcome back, Forceally. Any update on this?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in the grip of DRL for quite some time, and there's no avenue for escape in the foreseeable future. I did make the changes I said I would, but with the Secrets of the Jedi book coming out next week, and the final movie right around the corner, I want to wait until I see and read them in case there's more to add. Not to mention I need to think of something to explain that "Force bond" Snoke created between Rey and Kylo Ren. So once I read Jedi Lost and the novelization of The Rise of Skywalker, I should be posting an update, though I think I'm going to need to consult one of you guys again on how to do that. I'll cross that when the time comes.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
I did make the changes I said I would, but with the Secrets of the Jedi book coming out next week, and the final movie right around the corner, I want to wait until I see and read them in case there's more to add. Not to mention I need to think of something to explain that "Force bond" Snoke created between Rey and Kylo Ren. So once I read Jedi Lost and the novelization of The Rise of Skywalker, I should be posting an update, though I think I'm going to need to consult one of you guys again on how to do that. I'll cross that when the time comes.

Understood. We'll be here for you in 2020.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got a chance to look through the Secrets of the Jedi book. Overall, I got to say I'm slightly disappointed. It was a good summary, and it touched the now "canon" material, but I guess I was expecting more. Maybe I've been spoiled by The Jedi Path, Secrets of the Sith, as well as the Millennium Falcon, YT-1300, TIE fighter, and Rebel Starfighters books, giving in-depth details.

The one definite positive from the book is now I have a basic understanding of that bond between Rey and Kylo in TLJ, so I have an angle to use. Considering Snoke created it, though, I got to be a little more creative so that the GM terms match up with what happened in the movie.

While I'm unable to play the new Jedi: Fallen Order, I saw the cutscenes on YouTube. Gotta watch the walkthrough, but with the appearance of Merrill and Nightsister magicks, I need to go through and make some edits to include her using some powers that were previously shown by Old Daca. And I might need to add a new power or two as well. Need to take notes first...

That's two fresh sources down. The most recent Resistance episode didn't add anything, though Kylo Ren's appearance in the previews of Season 2 makes me wonder about things. Just the movie and maybe that Force Collector novel left to go for now. The appearance of Chiss Force-sensitives is definitely a surprise. I can use Wookiepedia to help with that, but with the references to Second Sight and Third Sight, but not First Sight, makes me wonder if there's more to this than what's been revealed. Here's hoping Zahn's forthcoming Ascendancy Trilogy with touch on this again. He integrated Thrawn's debut from the Star Wars Adventure Journals into his first book. I was kinda hoping he'd do something like that with the Ebruchi pirates. Maybe he'll do that in the forthcoming trilogy.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's an update.

Force Collector novel - nothing to contribute.

Now that I have a new smartphone, I can watch the clips of Jedi: Fallen Order, which can help me make some new powers and/or modify some things.

I had something made for that bond between Rey and Kylo Ren. But I saw the movie yesterday, and it threw some curve balls into what I have made. Looks I need to wait for Wookiepedia to update its entries and maybe read the book before I go back to this.

Now I need to decide whether or not to wait for the Chiss Ascendancy trilogy before posting any updates.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that a month has gone by since it premiered, I think it's safe to talk about The Rise of Skywalker. For the most part, it didn't introduce any new powers for me to consider. The most it did was transfer powers from Legend status to Canon status, like transfer essence and drain essence.

Like I posted previously, I had a power to describe the bond between Rey and Kylo Ren, but the movie threw some curve balls at this. However, having read the Force bond description in Wookiepedia, I can say now that the dyad in the Force between those two would only make the effect of the power stronger. I still need to decide about how they can seemingly fight against each other with lightsabers even when they're at two different locations. Or how Rey could give Ben one of her lightsabers even if he's in another part of the building. The latter seems like fold space, but definitely not the former.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Now that a month has gone by since it premiered, I think it's safe to talk about The Rise of Skywalker. For the most part, it didn't introduce any new powers for me to consider. The most it did was transfer powers from Legend status to Canon status, like transfer essence and drain essence.

Like I posted previously, I had a power to describe the bond between Rey and Kylo Ren, but the movie threw some curve balls at this. However, having read the Force bond description in Wookiepedia, I can say now that the dyad in the Force between those two would only make the effect of the power stronger. I still need to decide about how they can seemingly fight against each other with lightsabers even when they're at two different locations. Or how Rey could give Ben one of her lightsabers even if he's in another part of the building. The latter seems like fold space, but definitely not the former.

But what about Palpatine's Mega Special Force Lightning that shot up into the air battle and simultaneously effected dozens of ships, but selectively only the enemy ships? That's not a new power?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. That off-the-wall rule in TOTJ Companion that says you can use a Force Point to make a Force Power do something it's not really allowed to do.

Buy that explanation or not, I'm not statting that. Smile
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so how about that costs 1 FP per ship he ionized?

Cool
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
But what about Palpatine's Mega Special Force Lightning that shot up into the air battle and simultaneously effected dozens of ships, but selectively only the enemy ships? That's not a new power?

No new power, old one with just with higher DC due damage and area

For example (d6 space rules)

Force Lighting (Sith Malestorm) (100)

Damage 30D (ion) (60)
Range 100 m -10 km (5)
Area Population (50,000-500,000), Town, City (25)
Special: Selective (10)*

With FP and his regained vitality/ strength, Palpatine could make it. His skill: 17D-20D? Doubled by FP. With 34D and Die Code Simplification rule it would be: 102 + 5D (easy done) Wink

* optional house rule. Otherwise FP has to be applied for special effect.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Forceally wrote:

I saw a link on my smartphone to a Google article about the powers shown in the movie. The power you're mentioning is referred to as a Force storm, akin to the create Force storm power first introduced in Dark Empire comics and the Dark Empire sourcebook. I'll have to consider this a little bit more before I decide to make a new power. More likely, treat it as spending Character Points and/or Force points to do this.

I was doing a search in Wookiepeida for anything I might have missed. I didn't have enough info for a dedicated page to the Dagoyan Masters, introduced in the Clone Wars TV series, but I think I have enough for a brief entry, like I did with the Iron Knights and Bando Gora. Then I came across those SWRPG books made in the recent years - Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, and Force and Destiny. The last set seems to have some new Force powers and Force traditions in some of them. Looks like I need to get my hands on them or go to a bookstore and do some new research. I made a new discussion thread about the sets of books I mentioned - why no attempts at making conversions for them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: