The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Rise of Skywalker (second speculation thread)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Rise of Skywalker (second speculation thread) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the look of Rey's new costume. It reminds me of Leia's from a new hope.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I remember seeing a pair of Y-s fighting over Dark star base, and even an A-wing on the ground. BUT not one B-wing so far.

The closest things were those ugly ski speeders in the rebel base siege scene of TLJ. They were also made by Verpine (who I just found out are canon).

garhkal wrote:
BUT why would the interceptor be trying to ram her??

LOL. There are so many possible ways to answer this question.

I think the pilot of the interceptor, which is probably Kylo Ren, is trying to kill her.

CRMcNeill wrote:
So, First Order TIE Fighter, and now First Order TIE Interceptor...

Actually Kylo Ben's TIE Silencer in TLJ is Interceptor-like, but the new ship's cockpit does seem more spherical.

https://stat.hirstart.hu/image/20190412/4261101/iden_veget_er_a_skywalker-saga-600x315-crop.jpeg
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
https://stat.hirstart.hu/image/20190412/4261101/iden_veget_er_a_skywalker-saga-600x315-crop.jpeg

"Fly closer so I can hit you with my sword!"
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Whill wrote:

Hey, it's a legitimate tactic for a Jedi! The same thing was done in Rebels at least once by Kanan Jarrus. That was in the episode with the space whales as I recall. Laughing *waits for Whill's inevitable exasperated groan/rant/sigh on all things Rebels* 8)
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Ray wrote:

Hey, it's a legitimate tactic for a Jedi! The same thing was done in Rebels at least once by Kanan Jarrus. That was in the episode with the space whales as I recall. Laughing *waits for Whill's inevitable exasperated groan/rant/sigh on all things Rebels* 8)

You just had to bring up the hyperspace whales of all things when you task me to not groan about Rebels. That's quite clever.

In my defense, I feel I've been more balanced in my responses to Rebels. There are a handful thing I really like about it, and I am on record for giving it credit where credit is due.

Plus, for better or worse, I think it is extremely likely that Ezra and Sabine are Rey's parents, and that at least Thrawn will appear in TRoS. But let's please try to keep discussion of Rebels in the Rebels thread until we have confirmation of that, or at least until we get several pages deep into this thread. 8)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

...but according to this guy's analysis, it's wreckage of the first Death Star. If so, then it could be Yavin IV or another one of Yavin's moons. Yavin IV isn't necessarily all jungle with no bodies of water anywhere on the planet. The ancient temples on Yavin IV could have have something to do with the Jedi, Sith, Whills, etc. Plus the first Death Star has been central to the plots of two Star Wars films, one of those being a Disney film (and it appeared in RotS). And TFA, Abrams first Star Wars film, is a reprise of ANH. Another clue is the medal from ANH.

That is my guess too, especially seeing how there seems to be a push to show the dark side rising somewhat..

Quote:
I think the pilot of the interceptor, which is probably Kylo Ren, is trying to kill her.

But wouldn't it just be easier for him to HOVER near and shoot the hell out of her??
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer The Rise of Skywalker memes to be posted in the Meme thread. Thank you.

P.S. Of course only non-spoiler memes should be posted.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
But wouldn't it just be easier for him to HOVER near and shoot the hell out of her??

But if he was just hovering, it would be easier for her to jump on top of the ship.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everything in a trailer makes the final cut, or is even intended to do so. Many awesome things and awful lines were gone from R1's trailers when we finally saw it in theaters. I personally like the TIE-jumping scene for some reason I can't articulate. But it's not worth dissecting the sensibility of a fight scene anyway, now that JJ Abrams is in charge, we're presumably back to "fiery fingers of doom weaving through the sky" levels of disbelief. This is no longer a Space Opera, it's Space Opera Camp. Like Space Camp(1986), only, there will be sad songs in Italian.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Ray wrote:

You just had to bring up the hyperspace whales of all things when you task me to not groan about Rebels. That's quite clever.

Thanks, I thought it was a good one too. 8) And to be fair, I didn't task you to not groan, I just knew it was inevitable that you would (or could choose to) groan at it and I was just waiting for it. The decision to groan or not groan was always with you. 8)

Whill wrote:
In my defense, I feel I've been more balanced in my responses to Rebels. There are a handful thing I really like about it, and I am on record for giving it credit where credit is due.

Agreed. But it was still fun to poke fun at you about it. Wink

Speaking of the trailer, did you guys see the clip of Ian McDiarmid (AKA the Emperor himself) at Star Wars Celebration?

Ian McDiarmid in his best Emperor's voice wrote:
Roll it...again!

Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:

I think she was quite moderate here. Better this than Galen Marek style
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER Reply with quote

The title is a dyslexic nerd's nightmare. Sometimes in my mind I am misplacing the "the" in the title, making it Rise of the Skywalker instead of The Rise of Skywalker. I can already see me interchanging TRoS with RotS.

Quote:
Episode IX – Teaser

Did anyone else notice the rocket troopers starting at 1:29 in the video? That could be cool.

And the next shot of some skiff chase with Threepio standing up holding on to a pole gives me some anxiety, but that was probably by design. I want to yell, "Sit down, Threepio!" But it's not as bad as bringing Threepio on a rebel assault team mission in a forest with no camouflage.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Speaking of the trailer, did you guys see the clip of Ian McDiarmid (AKA the Emperor himself) at Star Wars Celebration?

Ian McDiarmid in his best Emperor's voice wrote:
Roll it...again!

I was in the room when I was fortunate to hear him say that!!!

It was truly an amazing 5 days. I was able to get some autographs that I've been wanting for awhile now (i.e. Ian McDiarmid's and Billy Dee Williams', and Katee Sakhoff (Bo Katan from Clone Wars, and Rebels))...

And to put icing on the cake, I actually won a Black Series' Stormtrooper Helmet (I never win anything) after seeing The Mandalorian panel... truly a great day.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject: Abrams Met with Lucas Before Making TRoS Reply with quote

J.J. Abrams Met with George Lucas Before Making The Rise of Skywalker

Quote:
When asked about the return of Emperor Palpatine, Abrams had this to say.
    "This movie had a very, very specific challenge, which was to take eight films and give an ending to three trilogies, and so we had to look at, what is the bigger story? We had conversations amongst ourselves, we met with George Lucas before writing the script. These were things that were in real, not debate, but looking at the vastness of the story and trying to figure out, what is the way to conclude this? But it has to work on its own as a movie, it has to be its own thing, it has to be surprising and funny and you have to understand it."
It's not clear what J.J. Abrams and George Lucas spoke about or what the iconic Star Wars director brought to the table for The Rise of Skywalker. However, since Abrams brought the director up after being asked about Emperor Palpatine, one might think Lucas had a hand in bringing the villain back to help tie everything together. Palpatine's voice was heard in The Force Awakens and Luke Skywalker briefly spoke about him in The Last Jedi.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love this image.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: