The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A Fist Full of Credits (solitaire adventure)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> A Fist Full of Credits (solitaire adventure)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gg12332
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: A Fist Full of Credits (solitaire adventure) Reply with quote

a-fist-full-of-credits-adventure.pdf for WEG D6

Hi Everyone!!! I'm looking for the above file, which was from a long defunct site!!! It is a Star Wars D6 solo adventure!!! I do not believe this file as being pirated or a rewrite of an existing official product!!! I believe this was an original work from a 3rd party!!! I tried the site on the way back machine, and the file on Google searches, with no luck!!! The site catered mainly to the D6 science fiction game!!! If someone could send me a copy of this file, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

[EDIT: SAFE LINK: A Fist Full of Credits (solitaire adventure)]
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: a-fist-full-of-credits-adventure.pdf for WEG D6 Reply with quote

gg12332 wrote:
Hi Everyone!!! I'm looking for the above file, which was from a long defunct site!!! It is a Star Wars D6 solo adventure!!! I do not believe this file as being pirated or a rewrite of an existing official product!!! I believe this was an original work from a 3rd party!!! I tried the site on the way back machine, and the file on Google searches, with no luck!!! The site catered mainly to the D6 science fiction game!!! If someone could send me a copy of this file, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

I am not aware of any solo adventure called that, but "A Fistful of Credits" is an adventure outline officially published in the 2e Gamemaster Screen. If a fan fleshed that out into a full-fledged adventure and anyone finds it, I'd love to see it too.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't recall if I've ever seen anything other than the adventure outline Whill mentioned. It's not a solo adventure, but I did write up a draft outline for an adventure I call:

Red Harvest for the Last Man Standing with a Fist Full of Credits

I haven't yet had a chance to revise it or run it.
gg12332
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: a-fist-full-of-credits-adventure.pdf for WEG D6 Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
gg12332 wrote:

I am not aware of any solo adventure called that, but "A Fistful of Credits" is an adventure outline officially published in the 2e Gamemaster Screen. If a fan fleshed that out into a full-fledged adventure and anyone finds it, I'd love to see it too.

Whill, To my knowledge and understanding it is an original solo adventure and not based on the official one in the 2nd Edition GM screen!!! I will try to find the site, it was listed as a link on a Star Wars WEG fansite, I just don't remember where I got it from!!!

I found the site, you can see it here: https://web.archive.org/web/20121222014825/http://www.dimfuture.net/d6universe . It was written in 2011-12, when it was completed!!! In this version, the player plays a Bounty Hunter!!! From what I read in the GM Screen 2nd Edition version, the player characters aren't necessarily Bounty Hunters!!!
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember dimfuture. I think the guy who made that site was on WEG Fan Forum/WEG Fansite/D6 Online. Too bad the site is no longer active.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
gg12332
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: a-fist-full-of-credits-adventure.pdf for WEG D6 Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
gg12332 wrote:

There has been a development, as I found this file while perusing this subject: Fan Made Sourcebooks [discussion] https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1229&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=375&sid=d3aba2a14e2ce0a062138c7b34df90e0 . It is on 4shared here: https://www.4shared.com/document/byCoomP5/Star_Wars_A_Fist_Full_of_Credi.html . I was able to download it to my tablet, it took 3 browsers, but I got it!!! Let me know if you want me to upload it here, where maybe it can be included with the other goodies!!! Enjoy!!!
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: a-fist-full-of-credits-adventure.pdf for WEG D6 Reply with quote

gg12332 wrote:
Whill wrote:
gg12332 wrote:

There has been a development, as I found this file while perusing this subject: Fan Made Sourcebooks [discussion] https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1229&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=375&sid=d3aba2a14e2ce0a062138c7b34df90e0 . It is on 4shared here: https://www.4shared.com/document/byCoomP5/Star_Wars_A_Fist_Full_of_Credi.html . I was able to download it to my tablet, it took 3 browsers, but I got it!!! Let me know if you want me to upload it here, where maybe it can be included with the other goodies!!! Enjoy!!!

Cool. 4shared is like running through a minefield. Could you temporarily upload it somewhere safe like Google Drive and PM me the link? Then I can upload it to the Rancor Pit Library for everyone to have a safe way to get it. Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
gg12332
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: a-fist-full-of-credits-adventure.pdf for WEG D6 Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
gg12332 wrote:
Whill wrote:
gg12332 wrote:

Cool. 4shared is like running through a minefield. Could you temporarily upload it somewhere safe like Google Drive and PM me the link? Then I can upload it to the Rancor Pit Library for everyone to have a safe way to get it. Thanks.

I'm having issues with my tablet and Google Drive!!! On my lappy its easy to upload, download, add, or delete files from it!!! When downloading on the tablet, I know I can add the file to my Google Drive!!! However for the life of me can't seem to figure out deleting from it, nor uploading from my tablets' "drive" to my Google Drive!!! I tried to upload to MediaFire, but don't have a mouse to drag it to the box in the browser tab!!! I need one where I can, while in the browser, through the upload sites screen, select files from my tablet!!! Any suggestions are welcomed!!!
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: a-fist-full-of-credits-adventure.pdf for WEG D6 Reply with quote

gg12332 wrote:
I'm having issues with my tablet and Google Drive!!! On my lappy its easy to upload, download, add, or delete files from it!!! When downloading on the tablet, I know I can add the file to my Google Drive!!! However for the life of me can't seem to figure out deleting from it, nor uploading from my tablets' "drive" to my Google Drive!!! I tried to upload to MediaFire, but don't have a mouse to drag it to the box in the browser tab!!! I need one where I can, while in the browser, through the upload sites screen, select files from my tablet!!! Any suggestions are welcomed!!!

Another option would be to email it to forums -at- rancorpit.com .
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
gg12332
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: a-fist-full-of-credits-adventure.pdf for WEG D6 Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
gg12332 wrote:

I'm working on it!!! Please let me know when you receive the email and if the PDFs are attached!!!
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't want to mess with 4shared either and I'd love to be able to download that adventure from the Pit.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: a-fist-full-of-credits-adventure.pdf for WEG D6 Reply with quote

gg12332 wrote:
Whill wrote:

I'm working on it!!! Please let me know when you receive the email and if the PDFs are attached!!!

gg12332, I did receive your email but the files were not attached. I tried to reply to the email and I got a rejection that I should not be getting.

I'm sorry but there is a technical issue with the site email address right now. My web provider is working on it.

gg12332, I added your email to the contacts to see if that might help. If you could try resending the files in two separate emails, maybe that will work. Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
gg12332
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: a-fist-full-of-credits-adventure.pdf for WEG D6 Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
gg12332 wrote:
Whill wrote:

gg12332, I did receive your email but the files were not attached. I tried to reply to the email and I got a rejection that I should not be getting.

I'm sorry but there is a technical issue with the site email address right now. My web provider is working on it.

gg12332, I added your email to the contacts to see if that might help. If you could try resending the files in two separate emails, maybe that will work. Thanks.

Whill, I have sent the solo adventure as an attachment, which seemed to work!!! Let me know if you got it!!! My cable company browser email app seems to be down, as it doesn't load my emails either!!! I wasn't able to successfully send the templates file as an attachment with the email app for Android!!! The file is probably too big for it!!! What I did was send the link where it can currently be found!!! Hope it works, and that your able to make them available to everyone who wants it!!! The Pit is an excellent resource for Star Wars D6 "goodies"!!!
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: A Fist Full of Credits (solitaire adventure) Reply with quote

gg12332 wrote:
Whill, I have sent the solo adventure as an attachment, which seemed to work!!! Let me know if you got it!!! My cable company browser email app seems to be down, as it doesn't load my emails either!!! I wasn't able to successfully send the templates file as an attachment with the email app for Android!!! The file is probably too big for it!!! What I did was send the link where it can currently be found!!! Hope it works, and that your able to make them available to everyone who wants it!!! The Pit is an excellent resource for Star Wars D6 "goodies"!!!

gg12332, both documents came through. Thank you! I see the authors of the solitaire adventure are Guardian_A and Grimace. Guardian used to be a major content contributor but he stopped being active on this site a few years ago, before I took it over. However, Grimace is a friend. If I had known he was an author, I would have just asked him if he still had it. I'm still glad this happened though because it shed more light on a site email issue with my web host that has now been resolved. Thanks again!

The solitaire adventure is now uploaded to the RP Library and listed on the index as "A Fist Full of Credits (solitaire adventure)"

The other document is Keck's Template Collection. The author is an old time member of this site who last posted in 2013. This document is readily available throughout the internet. The New Player Handout section of it was created by current Moderator cheshire and it is available as its own document on the Library here. There are also blank character sheets in the Library too. The rest of the Template Collection document is a compilation of officially published PC templates already available in various WEG books.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
gg12332
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: A Fist Full of Credits (solitaire adventure) Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
gg12332 wrote:

gg12332, both documents came through. Thank you! I see the authors of the solitaire adventure are Guardian_A and Grimace. Guardian used to be a major content contributor but he stopped being active on this site a few years ago, before I took it over. However, Grimace is a friend. If I had known he was an author, I would have just asked him if he still had it. I'm still glad this happened though because it shed more light on a site email issue with my web host that has now been resolved. Thanks again!

The solitaire adventure is now uploaded to the RP Library and listed on the index as "A Fist Full of Credits (solitaire adventure)"

The other document is Keck's Template Collection. The author is an old time member of this site who last posted in 2013. This document is readily available throughout the internet. The New Player Handout section of it was created by current Moderator cheshire and it is available as its own document on the Library here. There are also blank character sheets in the Library too. The rest of the Template Collection document is a compilation of officially published PC templates already available in various WEG books.

Whill, I'm glad that the solo adventure did make it to the file library!!! I am however saddened that the templates file doesn't qualify!!! 50% is better than zero!!! Glad you got the problems you were having with your ISP sorted out!!! This site is a phenomenal resource, with a great group of people willing to help!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: