The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Trekkin'!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Star Trekkin'! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Sadly, though, if this is the canon map for Star Trek, the place where the Federation, Klingon Empire and Romulan Empire all meet isn't quite triangle shaped anymore....
Where is the colorful map from?

I'm not 100% sure that there actually is a canon map of the Star Trek galaxy. I've seen so many different versions, but none that had any indicator (like a Paramount logo or something) of authenticity and/or canonicity. Numerous books containing maps of the Star Trek galaxy have been published, but considering that several of those books were published at least as early as the 1980s, they may be completely obsolete by now.

The most current map is likely in the corebook of the latest Star Trek RPG, namely Star Trek Adventures. The map I linked to is older than the one in ST:A (from what I can tell of the screenshots of the map in the ST:A book) but they look nearly identical. Unfortunately, I don't know where the original map came from, though there are numerous links to it (Reddit and such) on the internet.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying. Star Trek galaxy maps is something almost completely outside my knowledge base.
RyanDarkstar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I must confess, I can't read the title of this topic without thinking about this.

This is hilarious! Not sure how I missed hearing the whole thing before. Thanks for sharing, CRM.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanDarkstar wrote:
This is hilarious! Not sure how I missed hearing the whole thing before. Thanks for sharing, CRM.

Glad to be of service. There's also this.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: