The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dardn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> Dardn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jeff37923
Cadet
Cadet


Joined: 20 Jun 2019
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Dardn Reply with quote

Just a world I cooked up for people to use if they so choose.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DARDN

Dardn System (Kuat sector, Core Region, M-10)

Star Name: Dardn Prime
Orbital Bodies: 4 Color: Red

Name Type Moons Settlements
Dardn Terrestrial 0 None
Dardn Null Gas Giant 5 None
Dardn Belt Asteroid Belt Many None
Dardn Aurek Ice Ball 1 None

Dardn
Type: Terrestrial
Temperature: Temperate
Atmosphere: Type III
Hydrosphere: Arid
Gravity: Standard
Terrain: Barren, Wasteland
Length of Day: 26 hours
Length of Year: 270 days
Sapient Species: None
Starports: Landing Field
Population: None
Planet Function: Disaster
Government: None
Tech Level: None
Major Exports: None
Major Imports: None

Dardn is an example of what happens to a biosphere when a corporation engages in wholesale, unrestricted resource depletion for over 25,000 years. Dardn is owned by Kuat Drive Yards and is located in the same sector, same subsector, only a couple of hours away via hyperdrive. Once important minerals were discovered on Dardn, the Kuat government annexed the world as a resource planet about twenty-five thousand years ago. Since then, it has been drained dry of every possible resource that could be utilized by Kuat Drive Yards over the centuries. When the easily mined metals were depleted, volcanic and tectonic activity was triggered to make new resources accessible. All available surface and subsurface water has been consumed by industry or shipped offworld. The surface has been rendered uninhabitable.

Dardn’s atmosphere has been losing oxygen and being replaced by ozone and carbon dioxide since all of the plant life has been killed off. The static discharges that are now a part of Dardn’s makeup are the result of the unrestricted energy mining that has taken place. Ion storms cascade through the atmosphere and scour the surface, making landings extremely hazardous.

Dardn is thus a disaster world.

ION STORM

Roll 1D and the result will be the number of times the ship will be attacked by an ion storm each time the ship transits through the atmosphere. Ion storm strikes are resolved as ion cannon attacks with a Fire Control of 3D and a Damage of 4D+2.

Dardn Field
System: Dardn system, Dardn
Starport Type: Landing Field
Traffic: Rare
Control: None
Landing: Directional beacon
Docking Areas: Landing Field
Docking Fee: None
Customs: None
Services: None

Dardn Field is a cleared patch of bedrock large enough to accommodate four starfighter scale spacecraft and a directional beacon. That is all that is there.

Commodities:
None

There is an Imperial fighter base in the Dardn Belt with a squadron of TIE fighters and a Lambda shuttle stationed there due to the system’s proximity to the Kuat system. The system is regularly patrolled and has several Probe Droid Pod sentinels roving about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jeff37923
Cadet
Cadet


Joined: 20 Jun 2019
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, any suggestions on the formatting would be most welcome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 01 Nov 2016
Posts: 1558
Location: Washington, DC (AKA Inside the Beltway)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff37923 wrote:
Hmmmm, any suggestions on the formatting would be most welcome.


At first glance, it looks like you got the format at least mostly correct, so no worries.

However, if you want something that you can consistently refer to, the Planets of the Galaxy sourcebooks, any of the three volumes available, can show you the standard format for outlining planets in the SWD6 system.

As for a personal touch, I used the PotG format to create my own fanmade planet: Balneal, a tidally locked ocean planet with no axial tilt. The science I made up about how Balneal's climate functions may be complete rubbish, but at least I had alot of fun writing it. Here's the link for Balneal: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9UuUWWH6CiOHRBOHA4LTFoSzg I hope you find it useful.
_________________
Sutehp's RPG Goodies
Only some of it is for D6 Star Wars.
Just repurchased the X-Wing and Tie Fighter flight sim games. I forgot how much I missed them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TauntaunScout
Commander
Commander


Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 326

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
jeff37923 wrote:
Hmmmm, any suggestions on the formatting would be most welcome.


At first glance, it looks like you got the format at least mostly correct, so no worries.

However, if you want something that you can consistently refer to, the Planets of the Galaxy sourcebooks, any of the three volumes available, can show you the standard format for outlining planets in the SWD6 system.

As for a personal touch, I used the PotG format to create my own fanmade planet: Balneal, a tidally locked ocean planet with no axial tilt. The science I made up about how Balneal's climate functions may be complete rubbish, but at least I had alot of fun writing it. Here's the link for Balneal: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9UuUWWH6CiOHRBOHA4LTFoSzg I hope you find it useful.


This is a really neat planet! Is the ice solid enough to walk on?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dredwulf60
Captain
Captain


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 675

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 01 Nov 2016
Posts: 1558
Location: Washington, DC (AKA Inside the Beltway)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
jeff37923 wrote:
Hmmmm, any suggestions on the formatting would be most welcome.


At first glance, it looks like you got the format at least mostly correct, so no worries.

However, if you want something that you can consistently refer to, the Planets of the Galaxy sourcebooks, any of the three volumes available, can show you the standard format for outlining planets in the SWD6 system.

As for a personal touch, I used the PotG format to create my own fanmade planet: Balneal, a tidally locked ocean planet with no axial tilt. The science I made up about how Balneal's climate functions may be complete rubbish, but at least I had alot of fun writing it. Here's the link for Balneal: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9UuUWWH6CiOHRBOHA4LTFoSzg I hope you find it useful.


This is a really neat planet! Is the ice solid enough to walk on?


I hadn't thought about the thickness of the ice, but yeah, I expect that it would be more than thick and solid enough to walk on. But since it's always dark on Balneal's night side, the darkness is going to make any sort of walking around on the ice especially treacherous without the proper cold weather gear. From what I read in the fourth book of the Earth's Children series, The Plains of Passage, crossing a glacier can be dangerous even during the daytime. On the perpetually nighttime side of a tidally locked planet, walking around in the dark on a glacier must be even more dangerous. And don't forget that where the ice meets the edge of the daytime side, the ice is going to start cracking and melting, which makes for especially hazardous terrain. I can think of hazards like falling into the ocean between melting glacier shards or even water-filled sinkholes. If the fall into the ocean doesn't kill you and you somehow manage to avoid drowning, you could still get crushed between large chunks of half-melted ice. There's a reason that the Balnealans keep all their settlements on the solid ground continents on the day side of the planet.

And I just thought of something else: Since the Balnealans stay on the day side of the planet, they have ghost stories and tales of monsters that live on the dark side of Balneal. They're mostly the equivalent of urban legends since a frozen saltwater tundra in perpetual darkness isn't going to support much of an ecosystem, but every so often, some foolhardy Balnean announces that he's going to explore the Dark Side, then disappears and is never heard from again....

Dredwulf60 wrote:
Thank you for this!


You're welcome, Dred. I'm glad people are finding it useful. Cool
_________________
Sutehp's RPG Goodies
Only some of it is for D6 Star Wars.
Just repurchased the X-Wing and Tie Fighter flight sim games. I forgot how much I missed them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0