The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Marvel / MCU
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Marvel / MCU Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who does everyone think the new big bad will be, for phase 4? Kang? Dr Doom? Galactus?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
So who does everyone think the new big bad will be, for phase 4? Kang? Dr Doom? Galactus?

Those last two are primarily Fantastic Four villains, aren't they? Out of those three options I only like Dr. Doom... from the comics. I know FF's integration into the MCU is inevitable, but I am not looking forward to it. I hate all stretchy heroes, and I'm not a fan of the Thing. Even as a kid I only ever liked the Storm siblings. The first FF movie was lame, but then when they made the sequel, I thought for sure there was no way it can be as bad as the first one. I was wrong. (The only good thing about either one was Jessica Alba.) I finally learned my lesson about FF movies and didn't even watch the reboot. I am skeptical of yet another FF movie, but we will see.

If there even will be a single big bad villain of the MCU, it is still too soon to even speculate. There has been no official word about future Avenger movies, although we know 100% for sure there will be more. Kevin Feige has stated Captain Marvel will become the lead character of the MCU and her first film grossed over $1 billion so you know there will be sequels, but again, there have been no sequels officially announced. It won't be right away, but you know we will eventually get MCU X-Men movies. MCU X-Men could be the saving grace of the MCU in the coming phases.

Quote:
Endgame had no stinger scenes. There is a brief backwards-looking audio-only stinger at the end of the credits, but not worth waiting for if you have to pee.

Endgame has grossed over a billion dollars worldwide in its opening weekend alone, so this movie is going to be huge. If anyone wants to discuss it, don’t forget the white font colour 'spoiler tagging' when applicable.

I haven't seen Avengers: Endgame again yet, but I have read that the theatrical presentation of Endgame now has an actual stinger scene - This Far From Home trailer which includes major spoilers for Endgame. Since it is impossible to be spoiled on Endgame after seeing Endgame, I do not know why this wasn't always included.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the X-Men. Hellfire Club, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, or some of their space adversaries could fill the bill. The Savage Land might appear too, but we'll probably see a FF film first and I'm hoping for Doctor Doom.

We could also see some standalone films to tide us over. Got to admit I never followed the characters of the upcoming films, but Marvel/Disney's done a great job so far.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
We could also see some standalone films to tide us over. Got to admit I never followed the characters of the upcoming films, but Marvel/Disney's done a great job so far.

Right.

The only announced MCU movie I'm truly excited for is the Black Widow movie, but I'll be dissappointed if it doesn't include Hawkeye in some way because he always gets the shaft. The first Blank Panther was good but I have no nostalgic investment in the character because I never read him as a child. Doctor Strange was ok but in my bottom tier of MCU films. A Marvel Kung Fu movie could be good. I have absolutely no memories of the Eternals from my childhood. Not liking GotG 2, I am not looking forward to GotG 3. I hope they make another Thor movie but Hemsworth said he was done - Hopefully he will at least be in the next Avengers movie.

A good MCU won't last forever, but the greatest source of my optimism comes from the mere fact of their undeniable record. To make a series of over 20 films, and I love a handful of them and like all of them to various degrees except one is an incredible track record. The safe bet is that they are not done making good movies.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I'll be dissappointed if it doesn't include Hawkeye in some way because he always gets the shaft.

lol. Nice one.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son and I saw Endgame again tonight. Despite some slow parts, I would have to say that Infinity War/Endgame is probably my favorite overall MCU film. And no that doesn't mean a tie between those two movies. Infinity War is nothing on its on. I view Infinity War/Endgame as one looong movie. For me it will be a "Disc 1 and Disc 2" sort of thing. In fact I haven't bought IW yet and I am waiting for the probably IW/E combo-pack that will come out someday.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: X-Men Reply with quote

Next year's The New Mutants is a standalone mutant/horror crossover film. One of my best friends is a New Mutants and horror fan so I will go see it will him.

I saw Dark PhoeniX last week. Now I thought I would post a Fox X-Men Universe suggested film viewing orders (with the time periods they probably take place in).

X-MEN MOVIE VIEWING ORDER #1

1. X-Men: First Class (primarily 1962)
2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (primarily late 1970s)
3. X-Men (early noughties)
4. X2: X-Men United (mid-noughties)
5. X-Men: The Last Stand (mid-noughties)
6. The Wolverine (2013)
7. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2023 -> largely 1973 -> 2023)
8. X-Men: Apocalypse (1983)
9. Dark PhoeniX (early 90s)
10. Logan (2029)
11. Deadpool (2016)
12. Deadpool 2 (2018)

I'm glad that we will have a break from X-Men for a while, and that when they do come back it will be in the MCU. Hopefully the X-Men will be better in the MCU than the Fox series.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen all the X-Men movies, but, the ones I have seen I thought were very well done.

I did not care for the last Wolverine movie, however. It somehow felt way too forced.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I am not one of those who loved logan. BUT the others (except X3) I loved.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avengers: Endgame never left the theaters but it is petering out so today they re-released the film with some special features after the credits in an attempt to get the movie to gross more than Avatar. It may not be enough. My son and I went to see it for our third time tonight. There is a nice little tribute to Stan Lee but nothing deep, and the rest of the stuff was meh. It will all be on the home video releases. We each got a cool poster with our ticket. So the theatrical "re-release" isn't worth going to the theater again unless you really want to see the movie itself in the theater again.

Avengers: Endgame will be available to purchase digitally on July 30th, and on blu-ray August 13th. They released a full-spoiler trailer that is clearly marketed towards all the people who saw the film, anyone who was holding out for home video be damned. Since so many people saw the film, it is not a bad marketing strategy. Remind people who saw it why they loved it and should own a copy of it.

Due to the official spoiler trailer, we don't need to bother with any spoiler considerations anymore. I know it may seem odd that spoiler considerations were maintained longer than for a Star Wars movie, but this is a Star Wars site with a lot of visitors who see Star Wars soon after release and want to talk about Star Wars.

Captain Marvel and Shazam are both gone from theaters now so there's no need to use spoiler tags for them either. Dark PhoeniX is still in theaters, but theaters carrying it are dwindling fast. It is literally bombing.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look like I ever brought up Spider-Man: Far From Home. It is a good movie. I still haven't gone back to see it again yet.

As you may have heard, Endgame did finally inch past Avatar and become the new #1 highest grossing film of all time. Endgame is out on digital, DVD, and blu-ray. I still don't have Infinity War or Endgame yet because I am holding out for a combo-pack blu-ray. In my mind they are a single film with part 1 and part 2 discs like the extended Middle Earth films. Infinity War does not stand alone so the last two Avengers films should be in the same case.

And to bring this back to Star Wars, I present to you: Thor: Ragnarok... WITH LIGHTSABERS!

https://youtu.be/qVb1WWF6MgM?list=PLTMfWcXTzxv15rvmsYeM9suPfau9puOq_
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After not watching any Marvel movies in 2020, we watched Age of Ultron, Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame in preparation for WandaVision on Disney+. (We are now 6 episodes of the show down and 3 episodes to go, which are being released the next three Fridays.)

I updated the proper film viewing order image in the OP and also placed it below. There was an official update to Disney's "timeline order" that catches up to some of my fixes and sensibly moves one film forward a year (Iron Man 3). I clarified the stinger advice on several of these. Below film viewing image is a timeline based on the one I first posted in this post. See below that for commentary on the chronologies and stinger advice.

1943-1945

Captain America: The First Avenger - And after being frozen for 67 years, Steve wakes up in 2012 before The Avengers.

Captain Marvel

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor

The Avengers

The Dark World

2013-2014

Iron Man 3 - The stinger reveals that the main narrative was a January flashback of events that took place in December.

The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
(The stinger with adolescent Groot takes place years later, closer to Infinity War.)
I Am Groot (Disney+ has the first episode before GotG2, and the rest after in their timeline.)

Age of Ultron
Ant-Man

Civil War
Black Widow
- The second stinger takes place after Endgame, probably in 2023.
Black Panther - The Bucky stinger possibly takes place in 2017 but probably takes place in 2018.
Spider-Man: Homecoming

2016-2017

Doctor Strange - This film takes place over the course of over a year, starting before Civil War and ending before Ragnarok.

Ragnarok - The stinger takes place in 2018, right before Infinity War.

Ant-Man and the Wasp - The main narrative takes place before Infinity War, but the stinger takes place during Infinity War.
Infinity War

2018-2023

Endgame

2023*

WandaVision
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

2024+

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Eternals
Far From Home
No Way Home
Hawkeye
Multiverse of Madness
Moon Knight
Wakanda Forever
She Hulk: Attorney at Law
Ms. Marvel
Love and Thunder
Werewolf by Night
Holiday Special
Quantumania

Viewing Order/Timeline Commentaries

The MCU film series alone has over 30 entries. A few of the movies have "X years ago" types of errors. Establishing a single continuity for a series of films in various stages of development and production simultaneously with shifting release schedules, eventually with multiple films per year and many different directors, is a herculean task. It's really quite amazing that only minor discrepancies have crept in (and a sad juxtaposition with the relatively smaller franchise of Star Wars being so mismanaged by Disney, but that's another thread). This is one reason why MCU film order is important, because it allows you to disregard the exact "years ago" references and only keep track of the order of past events leading up to what you are watching at any given moment.

Two MCU films are prequels to the original film, Iron Man. The first prequel, Captain America: The First Avenger, has a time jump forward at the end of the film to between the 6th and 7th films on the list, which works to intensify the feeling that the next five films are building up to something big. They are, The Avengers. The five films (2-6) tell the story of what happened while Captain Rogers was frozen for about 67 years.

The Incredible Hulk is not on Disney+, but Disney+ does have Iron Man 2 before Thor in its timeline order. Parts of TIH, IM2, and Thor take place in the same week in 2011, so they overlap. A scene from only 36 minutes into Thor (before which included some flashbacks) is in the stinger of IM2, so it is clear IM2 should be before Thor. But some complete MCU film orders I've seen put TIH after IM2 and others even after Thor. A news report about something that occurred in TIH is playing on a SHIELD base screen at the end of IM2, but that isn't necessarily live as it is happening. Confusing the matter is the last-minute, tacked-on last scene in TIH which includes Tony Stark (Iron Man), which is basically a stinger that starts before the credits. The intended meaning of this at the time later came into conflict when the story went different directions, so they tried to resolve the conflict by making it mean something different and shifting it to taking place a while after Iron Man 2, but it is easier if you just skip it (see below). This allows for the original intended order of TIH taking place in between the first two IM films. Watching TIH in between them also adds more variety with the viewing sequence (instead of two IM films in a row). And watching TIH before IM2 helps with two key actor changes early in this series. The IM character of Rhodey changes actors between IM and IM2, so a film in between them makes this change feel less abrupt. This order also puts two films in between TIH and the next appearance of Bruce Banner (Hulk) played by a new actor in The Avengers (and the rest of the series). Finally, IM2 and Thor are where the narrative really gets moving towards The Avengers (and introduce new supporting Avengers characters) so these should be closest to The Avengers.

There was a change from my prior order on the other side of The Avengers. Iron Man 3 was moved from 2012-13 to 2013-14. There are a few "years ago" references that make it seem like the first timeframe, but there is an explicit date on a newspaper in the film that places it in the second timeframe, and one other "years ago" reference that supports that. From a film sequence order, despite IM3 showing Tony working through some PTSD from his experiences in The Avengers, I think watching The Dark World first makes sense because Thor franchise character Loki was the main villain of The Avengers. And this switch puts IM3 one film closer to Age of Ultron where Stark's fear of future alien invasions plays an instrumental role in the plot of the film (and rest of the franchise). However, the movement of IM3 forward a year and from before to after TDW does more overtly invalidate the Agents of SHIELD TV series (which tied into both films) from being considered MCU canon.

I wanted to comment on something fans tend to view as a discontinuity but actually isn't. In The Winter Soldier, Agent Sitwell stated the name of "Stephen Strange" in a list of those being targeted by Hydra. TWS takes place in 2014 while Strange doesn't become a magical hero until 2017. Endgame established that Stephen Strange was a surgeon in 2012, which means he would have also been a world-class surgeon in 2014 on his way to being a world-class surgeon in 2016, when the Doctor Strange film starts. Why would Hydra see a surgeon as a threat? Well, SHIELD agents sometimes get wounded in the line of duty and would likely sometimes need world-class surgery beyond what their own doctors and medical technology can address, so SHIELD may need to contract Dr. Strange for his services. These are likely 'need to know/no questions asked/confidentiality clause' types of circumstances, and it is likely that Strange could have inadvertently learned about SHIELD operations/secrets that Hydra would not want him to know. It's not at all a stretch to imagine how a world-class surgeon could be a threat to Hydra, and it doesn't even require Zola's algorithm to predict that Strange will become a magical hero in the future. Strange could be a threat right then and there in 2014, and Stephen Strange was likely a known name to Steve and Natasha (who could have even benefited directly from Dr Strange's medical services).

The main narrative of Black Widow takes place entirely during the main narrative of Civil War (BW starts after the last moment Natasha is seen in CW.) The original official timeline was updated to move Black Panther to its proper place I already had it, since it explicitly takes place immediately after Civil War.

The official timeline also moved Ant-Man and the Wasp to where I had it in the viewing order. As we discussed earlier in the thread, the entire film except the stinger clearly takes place before Infinity War, and the stinger takes place during the end of IW. If you've already seen these films and are doing a rewatch, then it is better to watch AatW first because IW and Endgame are really part 1 and 2 of the same long movie (they literally were originally entitled IW parts I and II during development). And even for a first time viewer, the AatW stinger will be a real WTF moment that will make sense at the end of the next film without ruining that film. Disney now officially agrees that the AatW stinger is not a reason to split up IW from Endgame.

The main story of films 25 and 26 supposedly take place at about the same time, and this is somewhat problematic. Eternals has an earthquake that is felt throughout entire world, a giant being appearing in the sky over Earth, and other world-altering events, but these things are not referenced in Far From Home. It's possible they could just happen to be happening offscreen. Perhaps the earthquake occurs before or during Far From Home, and the giant head appearance occurs in between the climax in London and the ending in New York. Far From Home leads directly into No Way Home, which takes place over the course of several months. So it makes the most sense if Eternals is watched before Far From Home, and the narrative flows from the stinger into No Way Home (where a major Spider-Man revelation is the new major ongoing news story).

The timeline adds Disney+ TV series in the proper order with respect to the films. My timeline disagrees with the official sequence in one respect, with Multiverse of Madness taking place before Hawkeye. MoM refers to a recent multiverse "incident with Spider-Man," which took place in November of 2024 (in No Way Home). There is no indication that MoM takes place in Christmastime, and people in New York are not dressed for December weather, so there doesn't seem to be an overlap of MoM with NWH (which ends in December) or Hawkeye (which takes place near Christmas), both of which also take place in New York City and show people dressed accordingly. All analyses I've read indicate that MoM most likely takes place a few months after the ending of NWH, and this was considered the status quo until Disney+ ordered MoM before Hawkeye. Since NWH explicitly ends in December right before Hawkeye explicitly takes place, it makes the most sense to watch MoM after Hawkeye.

*While the proper places of viewing Loki and What If...? in the viewing order sequence are (respectively) immediately after Endgame and before WandaVision, they are special cases with respect to the timeline. The events of Loki occur as a result of Endgame but largely outside of the normal timeline and in various years. The events of What If...? occur as a result of Loki but takes place in other universes of the multiverse and also at various times.

Stinger Skip Advice Commentary & Marvel One-Shots

1. This first prequel film's stinger is just a scene from The Avengers and a preview of it. It made sense in the original release order but I don't recommend watching it in this order because it jumps ahead several movies, showing several characters that haven't been introduced "yet." Instead of this stinger, watch the short film, Agent Carter, which shows Peggy Carter after Steve Rogers is frozen (believed dead) and refers to the formation of SHIELD. This one-shot does have a stinger.

2. This second prequel's first stinger is a lead-in to Endgame, which is 21 films ahead on the list! The stinger is important because the scene it was not actually in the film, and without it, the character shows up in the story without introduction. But it makes no sense in this order, so skip it for now. (See 22 below.) But there is a second stinger which takes place not long after this film, so fast-forward to the second stinger and watch that now.

4. TIH was released only a month after IM. As mentioned above, there was a hasty tack-on scene to TIH to tie it in with IM when the success of IM prompted Marvel to move forward with its shared universe franchise. The original idea for an Avengers movie involved a team being formed to hunt down the Hulk, which is why it had Tony Stark approaching General Ross to help him with his problem (hunting down the Bruce Banner) and referring to a team being formed. But they went in a different direction for the plot of The Avengers (Banner being needed for the problem due to his scientific expertise), and IM2 came out before The Avengers film and helped build towards The Avengers' drama of strife preventing the team from being formed. So it makes more sense to just stop watching TIH after the originally intended last scene of TIH. There was a short film made called The Consultant, the sole purpose of which was to re-explain TIH stinger in light of these later changes to the narrative, but this one-shot also not needed if you just stick with my order and skip TIH "stinger" in the first place.

5. This stinger is just a scene from the next film. There is no need to watch it, especially if watching the Marvel short film A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer, which shows an event that takes place in between Agent Coulson's last appearance in the main film of IM2 and first appearance in Thor (which is IM2's stinger).

6. This film's stinger was meant to set-up The Avengers, but The Avengers plot changed which makes this stinger make less sense. In The Avengers, Loki does not take control of Erik Selvig until he appears in the SHIELD base, but in the Thor stinger Selvig is already under Loki's control. So it makes more sense to skip this stinger.

9. After watching this film's stinger, watch the short film All Hail the King with two stingers. This video updates IM characters and leads into Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

14. The second stinger of this film is just a scene from the next film so it can be skipped.

16. The movie opens with a sequence that takes place in 1995. This main story takes place during the final act of Civil War. The second stinger is a major spoiler for Endgame if you haven't already seen that. See 23 below.

19. The first stinger of this film is just a scene from the next film so it can be skipped. Fast-forward to the second stinger and watch that.

22. After watching this film's stinger, now watch the first stinger of Captain Marvel, a lead-in scene to the next film that takes place near the beginning of it. (See 2 above.) That stinger is important here because it is not actually in the IW or Endgame, and without it, the character just shows up in the story without even showing her meeting the other characters.

23. There is a minor 'tribute to the past' audio-only stinger that is not important, so skip the credits on this film. Instead, now you can watch the final stinger of Black Widow (see 16 above). That stinger ties into The Disney+ series Falcon and the Winter Soldier and leads into the Disney+ series Hawkeye.

27. The second stinger is just trailer for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. (Skip this stinger if watching MoM soon after.)

The Marvel One-Shots not linked here should just be skipped.

EDITS: I clarified commentary, and I added new films and TV series.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:24 pm; edited 5 times in total
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WandaVision takes place in the weeks immediately following Endgame, so before Spider-Man: Far From Home (so far).

Black Widow, the next film currently schedule for May, takes place during or after Civil War.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: WandaVision: Non-Spoiler Review Reply with quote

WandaVision: Non-Spoiler Review

Marvel really took a left turn with the WandaVision mini-series on Disney+. To continue from a formulaic series of superheroes movies, it was totally unprecedented. What even genre is it? The first three episodes are sitcom episodes with some weird twists and hints about the series' metaplot that only make sense at the end of the series, so you have no idea what is really going on at the beginning. They really don't even start explaining anything until the fourth episode, but the whole series gives you a single cookie broken up into crumbs left in each episode and drags out every mystery too much as it continues with the twilight zone sitcoms episodes. There are some disappointing red herrings but I did call who the main villain would be after the first week. The second to last episode finally gets into Wanda's history with respect to her origin and the prior MCU films, expanding her character beyond what it ever could in any film where she is only a supporting character, but the bad news is that they shouldn't have taken seven prior episodes to get to that point. The final episode was the most like a MCU film with big super-powered battles, but I felt the series still ended with not enough questions answered.

In this series, Vision was great. His return for this series took way too long to explain, but it felt a lot less contrived that Steven Trevors' return in Wonder Woman 1984. Wanda was great at times. I really enjoyed the use of MCU supporting character alumni Darla (the first two Thor films), Jimmy Woo (Ant-Man and the Wasp), and a grown-up Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel) played by a new actor who was perfectly cast. They were all well written but I feel that Monica was under-utilized. There are no known plans for Darcy or Jimmy to ever appear in the MCU again (I hope they both comes back somewhere), but WandaVision is instrumental to Monica for her coming appearance in Captain Marvel 2. WandaVision also sets-up part of Doctor Strange 2, which Wanda will appear in. Despite being a drawn-out series that indulged in too much magical weirdness along the way of telling its story, WandaVision is still probably must-see to fully follow the ongoing metaplot of the MCU.

A lot of MCU fans gave the show up during the first three episodes which I get, but I am absolutely baffled by the many people I know that had never seen any MCU films and absolutely loved the series so have gone back and watched all the MCU films, and loved them too. For MCU fans, my suggestion is to skip the first three episodes of WandaVision and start with the fourth one. It has backstory and shows the main events of the first three episodes from the perspective of other characters, taking a big leap forward in explaining what's going on. You'll still be confused, but not really any more than we were, so it will not be because you really missed anything important in the first three episodes. If you watch the final six episodes and love the series, then go watch from the beginning on your next watch.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're two episodes into Falcon and the Winter Soldier. The action scenes are fantastic. I thought the plot of the second episode felt a bit contrived in some respects, but overall it seems like a good start. It looks like it will only be six episodes. It seems to take place a few months after Endgame, so it is definitely after WandaVision but I'm not sure where this falls with respect to Spider-Man: Far From Home.

Some good news and bad news regarding Black Widow. The bad: Its release date was pushed back again, now to July 9th. But the good news is that this will be the final release date move because Marvel Studios also announced that it will be simultaneously released on Disney+ with premium access. For a couple other movies, Disney+ has had "premier access" available, which means subscribers can pay a one-time fee of $29.99 to watch the new film an unlimited number of times for 30 days starting with the release. Then the film will go away while it moves on to rental and sale through other platforms before it comes back to Disney+ with general access (at no extra cost for anyone).

This 'premier access' model is a better deal for my family. My local theaters are open but a single trip there costs us over $30. Plus, at home we can pause when we need to, and watch it multiple times. In this series with 23 films do far, there is only one that I didn't want to watch a second time (Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2). That's a very good record, a 95.65% success rate.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: