The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Exploring a derelict Separatist frigate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Exploring a derelict Separatist frigate Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
garhkal wrote:
If you really wish to make it scary, see films like Event Horizon.. Try to make that environment, and feel.

Now that is an idea.

Event Horizon is awesome!

Another scenario for the more horror could be something "alien" like, a prog or a dis nee "hunting" and killing the crew
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually thinking about taking a few points from Alien. If a droideka comes online, they can't subdue it with sheer firepower. They're going to have to get creative. And if they linger any place too long, the thing is going to catch up to them.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
cheshire wrote:
garhkal wrote:
If you really wish to make it scary, see films like Event Horizon.. Try to make that environment, and feel.

Now that is an idea.

Event Horizon is awesome!

Another scenario for the more horror could be something "alien" like, a prog or a dis nee "hunting" and killing the crew

Event Horizon, Aliens and Virus would set the perfect mood for "Otherspace." Lots of body horror in those. But doing it with droids would be pretty creepy, too.

The end of The Terminator also comes to mind, where Kyle and Sarah get trapped by the T-800, and then after the explosion when it pops back up and relentlessly claws its way after her. Seeing some cobbled-together battle droids who are defeated and then come back to life moments later could add some scares.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been fan theories that suggested Event Horizon was a prequel to Warhammer 40,000...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
There have been fan theories that suggested Event Horizon was a prequel to Warhammer 40,000...

And from what I know about Event Horizon (which is just from reading its TvTropes entry, admittedly; horror movies aren't really my thing) and about Warhammer 40K (again from TvTropes and a few occasional glances at the RPG corebook), those fan theories are entirely justified. After all, both Event Horizon and Warhammer 40K perfectly encapsulate Hyperspace is a Scary Place.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, considering some of the things that happen in the Warp in WH40K, Event Horizon got off pretty lightly...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: