The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

KS: Future World Creator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> KS: Future World Creator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purzelkater
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject: KS: Future World Creator Reply with quote

Well, I hope to link to a kickstarter campaign is okay here. I have made a search on it, but have nothing found against. If it is not allowed, give me a hint, please. Smile

Okay, what is it about? I am a very "visual" person, so like to show much pictures on my campaign - and I play with maps. Battle maps, floor plans, all this kind of stuff.
Now I have found a campaign on kickstarter I want to share with you:

Future World Creator: Modular tiles for Sci-fi tabletop RPGs

"Imagine that for the first time you can explore the boundaries of your adventures like never before. FUTURE WORLD CREATOR will allow you to visit planets with futuristic metropolis, post apocalyptic territories, alien worlds or space bases. Use the spaceships to travel in other star systems. FUTURE WORLD CREATOR is designed to visually support all Sci-Fi role playing games."

So basicly it's modular tile system, so you can build you own battle maps, floorplans and space maps as you like. Well, I like what I have seen so far (of course, otherwise I would not write this).

Kind regards,
Purzelkater
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a moment, I thought the bottom box that said "More than 600 items" instead said "more than GOO ITEMS", prompting me to think, "what the hell is a goo item? Is it an item that's made out of goo or is that too obvious?"
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: KS: Future World Creator Reply with quote

Purzelkater wrote:
Well, I hope to link to a kickstarter campaign is okay here. I have made a search on it, but have nothing found against. If it is not allowed, give me a hint, please. Smile

Okay, what is it about? I am a very "visual" person, so like to show much pictures on my campaign - and I play with maps. Battle maps, floor plans, all this kind of stuff.
Now I have found a campaign on kickstarter I want to share with you...

So basicly it's modular tile system, so you can build you own battle maps, floorplans and space maps as you like. Well, I like what I have seen so far (of course, otherwise I would not write this).

Kind regards,
Purzelkater

Hmm. Forum guideline 16 is vaguely written and would seem to prohibit any commercially oriented posts. This is a link to buy a non-WEG-SW product, but the intention of the guideline wasn't really to prohibit this. I presume this is not your own product for sale, so you are not just sharing it here to profit. You seem to be just sharing a tool that other gamers here may find helpful. I think it looks really cool!

I don't see any harm is occasional posts like this as long as you are not sharing it to profit or help a friend or family member profit. (I would consider that spam.) I'm just going to allow this but leave the guideline as is just to help make sure we don't get flooded with links of 'click here to buy'.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Purzelkater
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Whill. You are right, I have no business association with the makers of this campaign (so it's not my campaign, no family or friends). I must confess, I had not think of that now.
I just have used several Pathfinder battlemaps, Coriolis ship plans and other stuff like this to illustrate my SWD6 rpg adventures for my players, so I like the idea of this system independ modular battlemaps and floorplans. And I had thought that might be useful for other players as well.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, I'm a mod and I post Christopher West's "just barely not Star Wars" maps here all the time. Smile

But yeah, this looks like a cool product. Thanks for sharing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: