The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Do you think Bacta could work on antibiotic resistant germs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Do you think Bacta could work on antibiotic resistant germs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximum7
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Do you think Bacta could work on antibiotic resistant germs? Reply with quote

In the real world, one of the biggest fears is antibiotic resistant superbugs. Bacta is like a panacea and can be used to treat many injuries. Can Bacta also stop working like anti-biotics stop working on certain strains of bacteria? Is their any evidence in Legends or Canon to suggest that? I know some beings can be allergic to Bacta.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think Bacta could work on antibiotic resistant ge Reply with quote

Maximum7 wrote:
In the real world, one of the biggest fears is antibiotic resistant superbugs. Bacta is like a panacea and can be used to treat many injuries. Can Bacta also stop working like anti-biotics stop working on certain strains of bacteria? Is their any evidence in Legends or Canon to suggest that? I know some beings can be allergic to Bacta.

There are examples of bacta allergy

but given what bacta is made from , and it don't sound nice, it sounds like a nasty mix so I would assume that in this would be anti bacerial agents, but this is anwesome question

and welcome to the pit
Maximum7
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think Bacta could work on antibiotic resistant ge Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
Maximum7 wrote:

but given what bacta is made from , and it don't sound nice, it sounds like a nasty mix so I would assume that in this would be anti bacerial agents, but this is anwesome question

and welcome to the pit

Thanks dude!!! I’ve actually been here awhile. 🤣
Potroclo
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The X-wing novels revolve around the krytos virus, against which Bacta by itself wasn't very effective.
That's an interesting question for a campaign theme. In the books, large quantities of Bacta where needed to cure the virus, so a whole plot around Bacta production, monopoly and transport develops throughout the series. On top of that, the virus is actually a bio-weapon designed by the Empire to target only non-humans, so there's more political and social consequences. In the end someone creates a more powerfull version of Bacta by adding a rare spice to it.
But yes, Bacta-resisting superbug is an awesome concept!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think Bacta could work on antibiotic resistant ge Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
Maximum7 wrote:

and welcome to the pit

I'd say that at first, yes it could work that way, but using it too much, eventually may create bacteria that's resistant to bacta.. Much like our over use OF anti-biotics has created bacteria strains resistant to it.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Star Wars. And it's an RPG. There's room for anything. There could be a bug that bacta doesn't work on. Also bacta can be a miracle cure that always works on everything 100% of the time. I firmly believe that official sources should be an inspiration, not a limitation, for gamers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: