The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Customizing Exisiting Templates(long read)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Customizing Exisiting Templates(long read)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Customizing Exisiting Templates(long read) Reply with quote

Zeison Sha Initiate

Dexterity 3D

Knowledge 2D+2

Mechanical 2D

Perception 3D+1

Strength 3D+2

Technical 2D+1

Alter 1D

Zeison Sha Initiate(Customized)

Dexterity 3D+2

Knowledge 2D+2

Mechanical 2D

Perception 3D+1

Strength 3D

Technical 2D+1

Alter 1D

Zeison Sha Initiate(customized 2)

Dexterity 4D

Knowledge 2D+1

Mechanical 2D

Perception 3D+1

Strength 3D

Technical 2D+1

Alter 1D

This way you can emulate backgrounds similar to what is described in books, like Del Meeko who
was a former stomtrooper-shoretrooper before he joined inferno squad.
He was a competent pilot, i would argue the whole team were well trained in piloting, maybe to
an extent where they would be above 4D.

With customizing templates I think this can be emulated to a degree, as I can not for the life of me
see how every single TIE pilot, Zeison Sha (since I used this above) and Bountyhunter are all identical
in attibutes, however I do feel some attributes should have a minimum level and thus I would only allow a
customization of pips, moving them around, even reducing some attributes, though not below the initial D

In this case as see above the pips are moved around, they can even rise a attribute to the next full D
as seen witth the DEX in the example above.

or like these TIE pilots, one could later be or have been a "commando", another was a techie
and the latter was a pilot's pilot.

TIE Fighter Pilot(original)

Dexterity 3D+1

Knowledge 2D+1

Mechanical 4D

Perception 3D

Strength 3D

Technical 2D+1

TIE Fighter Pilot(commando)

Dexterity 3D+2

Knowledge 2D

Mechanical 4D

Perception 3D+1

Strength 3D

Technical 2D

TIE Fighter Pilot(Techie)

Dexterity 3D

Knowledge 2D

Mechanical 4D

Perception 3D

Strength 3D

Technical 3D

it can even be argued that to be a qualified pilot you have to be able to roll a certain minimum, and
if we look to NPC stats from modules (though not always made by RAW) we see things as "ace" TIE pilots
with "only" 3D+2 and even 3D+1 in their mechanical attribute.

However to me a "trained" and qualified pilot should be at no less than 3D+2
and military pilots i think should have a minimum 4D to their mechanical skill, maybe it can be argued a 3D+2

(here is a write up of the commando TIE pilot but allowing a 3D+2 to mechanical as his minimum)TIE Fighter Pilot(commando)

Dexterity 4D

Knowledge 2D

Mechanical 3D+2

Perception 3D+1

Strength 3D

Technical 2D

Does anyone else allow template pips to moved around to customize?
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used templates at the very beginning of our exploration of D6. Once we read the character creation rules, we stopped using templates all together, TBH.

I'm don't think I'd "require" a minimum attribute value for a particular concept (such as 3D or better for a "pilot"), but in my experience, most players will prioritize the attributes which contain the most important skills to their concept.

But to answer your question, I don't see any problem with customizing templates. To me, it's well within the spirit of RPGing to make unique and interesting characters.

I once made a Jedi character who was unusually skilled with grenades, for example. It was a blast to play. Laughing Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: