The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Presenting TEMPLATE: Imperial Royal Guard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Presenting TEMPLATE: Imperial Royal Guard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Presenting TEMPLATE: Imperial Royal Guard Reply with quote

here is my try on making a template, is far from good enough imo, so please give any reups you feel fits.

I have made an effort to keep the template both with the rules and within the fluff, as such I have given the template the guard 5D Dex Attribute, though the attributes are still within the allowed 18D.

Type Emperor's Royal Guard
Species Human (Some Near Human with GM's permission)
Weight
Quote "In the name of the Emperor"
Physical Description
Connection to other characters

DEXTERITY 5D
Blaster
Blaster Artillery
Dodge
Grenade
Melee Combat
(s)Force Pike
Melee Parry

KNOWLEDGE 2D
Bureaucracy
Cultures
(s)Imperial Court
Intimidation
Language
(s)Guard Battletongue
Streetwise
Survival
Tactics
Willpower

PERCEPTION 3D
Bargain
Hide
Investigation
Search
Sneak

MECHANICAL 2D
Astrogation
Communications
Repulsorlift Operation
Sensors
Space Transports
Starship Gunnery
Starship Shields

STRENGTH 3D
Brawling
(A)Echani Martial Arts
Climbing/Jumping
Stamina

TECHNICAL 2D
Blaster Repair
Computer Programming Repair
Demolitions
First Aid
Melee Weapon Repair
Repulsorlift Repair
Security
Space Transport repair
Starship Weapons Repair

SPECIAL ABILITIES As Human (Optional: +4D to skills for Human's adaptability, can not raise a skill above +2D)

STORY ARC
ADD +1D to KNO, MEC, PER,STR or TEC to reflect the diverse military specializations posessed by the royal guards.
This represent the experince from their combat rotation as well as their background prior to being selected for
the Royal Guard Corps.
Zealot- (not sure what this would give, but they are zealots)

MOVE 10
FP 1
DSP 1
CP 5

EQUIPMENT Heavy Blaster Pistol, Force Pike, Vibroblade, Royal Guard Armor , Imperial ID, 500 Credits.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds of a campaign concept I was involved in fleshing out once: playing Royal Guards as PCs defending the Emperor and/or other high ranking Imperials against threats, sort of like an Imperial Secret Service.

The guard detail itself was divided into three units:
    -Formal Guard, in the iconic red armor, providing the visible deterrent.

Response Team, in stormtrooper armor with heavy weapons, stationed out of sight in close proximity.

Plainclothes Detail, wearing modified Storm Commando armor under civilian clothing, with auto-activation helmets ala the masks from the first Stargate film.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Reminds of a campaign concept I was involved in fleshing out once: playing Royal Guards as PCs defending the Emperor and/or other high ranking Imperials against threats, sort of like an Imperial Secret Service.

The guard detail itself was divided into three units:
    -Formal Guard, in the iconic red armor, providing the visible deterrent.

Response Team, in stormtrooper armor with heavy weapons, stationed out of sight in close proximity.

Plainclothes Detail, wearing modified Storm Commando armor under civilian clothing, with auto-activation helmets ala the masks from the first Stargate film.

this is very much within what envisioned here , cool!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen the write up template for them in the rules of engagement sourcebook?
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the write up and used much of that in my attempt to make it a palyer template.

I chose however to give a free allocation of the last attrubute dice mostly fit the fluff more than the writeups, after all the fluff states they flew tie inteceptors, special in color and improved over the regular ones.

They were very often rotated through the imperial military, both as stormtroopers and from the sound of things even other services, basically making then special forces and very diverse.

I love the write up for rules of engagement, but I wanted to try make it a little more diverse and veristile for player use, after all even a player "guard" is still well above the average.

I also see many of the wrte ups as guards of various experience, I would assume a fresh out of training would have slightly if not significantly lower skill ranks in many skills compared to a "standard" experienced guard.

I am also working on both protectors and shadowguard templares, but will have to try find some balance in "extreme"house ruling, like 18D attributes + force skills even +1D to all three force skills at start, so is a work in progress, but for now I am fairly satisfied with the guard palyer template as is, will maybe change a little here and there.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! I always thought it could be fun to have a character like Kir Kanos in a game.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you intend to house rule the Echani?

RAW considers martial arts a "specialization," not an advanced skill.

One of my pending projects is to write up rules for various martial arts forms.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
Do you intend to house rule the Echani?

RAW considers martial arts a "specialization," not an advanced skill.

One of my pending projects is to write up rules for various martial arts forms.

I used martial arts as advanced skill mostly becuse of the martial handbook, that actually do keep them as advanced skills.

but I have no issues with making martial arts a specialization, I think it should be so yeah, I can see that ebing one off the comming changes
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could have a 'generic martial art', causing Str+1d damage for 'any attack', as a Specialty, BUT leave it to where the martial art styles with those special maneuvers out of rules of engagement, is the Advanced form...
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Perhaps you could have a 'generic martial art', causing Str+1d damage for 'any attack', as a Specialty, BUT leave it to where the martial art styles with those special maneuvers out of rules of engagement, is the Advanced form...

is something like that I had in mind, seeing that specializations cost 1/2 normal skill cost, and whn most of them give added +1D and even more, some even adding up, then when you can for 8cp get 3D more to willpower, then why even bother with willpower and then I wanna raise willpower I go for the lower cost and raise my martial arts.......

that is why I want them advanced skills, they give bonues far too good to be that cheap in skill.

why learn to sneak if you take some martial arts that allows you to use martial arts for sneak rolls.....and at 1/2 cost.

etc
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use Martial Arts forms as Advanced Skills.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
I also use Martial Arts forms as Advanced Skills.

I do too the styles, however I do consider the maneuvers/techniques
-Punch/kick
-Grapple/Hold
And Throw as basic brawling
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it should be in a separate thread, but what specific benefits do you see Echani providing (over regular brawling) as opposed to other martial arts (for example, how would you differentiate in the rules between (A) Echani and (A) Teras Kasi)?
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
Perhaps it should be in a separate thread, but what specific benefits do you see Echani providing (over regular brawling) as opposed to other martial arts (for example, how would you differentiate in the rules between (A) Echani and (A) Teras Kasi)?

They provide differnt abilities.

One allows you to deal addtional damage and one allows you to replace stamina for martial arts.

Teras kasi allows you to sacrifice skill dice to add damage dice.
Echani allows you to replace stamina rolls with martial arts/brwaling rolls

etc etc.

each style providing differnt benefite, some even allowing an added +1D to damage above and beyond any added damage by technicques, like hapan martial arts.

One martial arts allows you to replace willpower rolls with martial arts/brawling rolls etc etc.

so each style have their own special ability, as described in the marital arts ( not RAW) suppliment in the rancorpit library. thogh the book do treat the skills as specializations I have changed this for my own sake as I find that since the cp cost of specialization is 1/2 normla and the benefites are that huge then this to me warrrants some regulation, and making an advance skill is an easy way to regulate it and the rules fit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: