The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Introduce Yourself - Redux
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Introduce Yourself - Redux Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZepDek
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, Glad to be back. To be fair I've lurked once in a while but with my game finally starting I figured I might as well try to be active out here!
Aelwe
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

Long time lurker here! I'm from beautiful Girona, in Spain. I've been playing RPGs for as long as I can remember (D&D, LotR and Call of Cthulhu, mostly). I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan and I have always wanted to play Star Wars RPG, I just never had the right group. I've been collecting SW d6 material for some time now and (hopefully) will run my first game soon.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aelwe wrote:
Hello!

Long time lurker here! I'm from beautiful Girona, in Spain. I've been playing RPGs for as long as I can remember (D&D, LotR and Call of Cthulhu, mostly). I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan and I have always wanted to play Star Wars RPG, I just never had the right group. I've been collecting SW d6 material for some time now and (hopefully) will run my first game soon.

Welcome! If you have any questions, we're here for you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
boccione2k
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm an avid sci-fi reader and rpg player and gamemaster for the good part of 30 years now.
I've been an intermittent lurker here, but after seeing the mandalorian the spark for a Star Wars campaign reignited, and here I am, perusing the posts for ideas and such.
I'm now in the process of bringing back my oooold SW crew, planning on using Roll20 since everyone now is scattered about!

Anyway, nice to be here!
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boccione2k wrote:
Hi!

I'm an avid sci-fi reader and rpg player and gamemaster for the good part of 30 years now.
I've been an intermittent lurker here, but after seeing the mandalorian the spark for a Star Wars campaign reignited, and here I am, perusing the posts for ideas and such.
I'm now in the process of bringing back my oooold SW crew, planning on using Roll20 since everyone now is scattered about!

Anyway, nice to be here!

Awesome! Please feel free to ask any questions, and please share about your campaign. We'd love to hear about it. Welcome to the Pit, boccione!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Murderbot
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I’m fairly new to WEG SW. I’m running my second campaign (over discord) starting next week. I bought the anniversary set and immediately fell in love with it , so I am using 1e just by itself. (I looked through the rules companion and I didn’t especially like anything I saw there).
My campaign will be set in the same time frame as Rebels.
I like what I’ve seen of the forum.
Thanks for being here.
I hope all if you are doing well during this less than ideal time.
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murderbot wrote:
Hello,
I’m fairly new to WEG SW. I’m running my second campaign (over discord) starting next week. I bought the anniversary set and immediately fell in love with it , so I am using 1e just by itself. (I looked through the rules companion and I didn’t especially like anything I saw there).
My campaign will be set in the same time frame as Rebels.
I like what I’ve seen of the forum.
Thanks for being here.
I hope all if you are doing well during this less than ideal time.

Hi Murderbot.

Welcome to the club! Glad to see a new 'face'. Smile
BlckWatr
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy, everyone!

Just wanted to thank you all for accepting my request to join! Been playing/reading/loving the SWd6 since I picked up 2e sometimes in the mid to late 90s (can't remember if it was regular 2e or after R&E was released). Played all the other SW games...but this one will always have a special spot in my heart.

Starting a new game tomorrow using modified REUP - session zero. Player's are stoked, I'm stoked, and can't wait to be able to use the wonderful resources of the Pit!

~BW
Whill

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlckWatr wrote:
Howdy, everyone!

Just wanted to thank you all for accepting my request to join! Been playing/reading/loving the SWd6 since I picked up 2e sometimes in the mid to late 90s (can't remember if it was regular 2e or after R&E was released). Played all the other SW games...but this one will always have a special spot in my heart.

Starting a new game tomorrow using modified REUP - session zero. Player's are stoked, I'm stoked, and can't wait to be able to use the wonderful resources of the Pit!

~BW

Welcome to the Rancor Pit!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Chaosmeister
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I have a deep love for Star Wars but I am not a lore or canon hound. For me.its about the feeling of epic adventure, enormous scenes and larger then life conflicts. I have been playing RPGs since the early 90s however I have never run or played a Star Wars game. Something I deeply regret and decided to change this in 2020. Since my system taste steers toward the simple end of the mechanical spectrum I am looking at 1st edition and IAG thanks to recommendations on this forum. Hopefully the test ballon campaign will be a hit and I can continue on for a while. I play exclusively online these days and can't wait to get started.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that while you may be new to Star Wars D6, you are not new to the D6 system. You have produced three D6 games? Cool. Where they based on D6 Adventure?

It is something of an anomaly to meet someone knows D6 without Star Wars, at least around here. Better late than never! Welcome to Star Wars D6. And have you played the WotC or FFG versions of the game? If so, what did you think?

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/12843/Chaosmeister-Games
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Chaosmeister
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Whill, they are based on an indie game that is just vaguely similar but not really based on D6. My first encounter with the D6 system was actually MiniSix and MightySix.

I have played a FFG one shot and ran the EotE starter kit on conventions a few times but nothing long form. I like the FFG system a lot, replicates the movies ebb and flow really well I think. it needs a lot of brain space to run it though. Hence my interest in D6 as I know the basic resolution mechanics are super easy.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mighty Six? First time I'm hearing of that. I found their page on Drive-Thru RPG, but can you tell us more? 14.99 isn't unreasonable for a pdf download, but I'd like a better picture of what it's offering before I actually buy it.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Chaosmeister
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Mighty Six? First time I'm hearing of that. I found their page on Drive-Thru RPG, but can you tell us more? 14.99 isn't unreasonable for a pdf download, but I'd like a better picture of what it's offering before I actually buy it.

It's a MiniSix compatible Superheroes RPG that I discovered a few years back when I did a deep dive on various supers RPGs. In the end I didn't like it that much because it uses superpowers as spells that the use is paid for with power points. It works but I found it not to my taste, I think because the numbers where to big (like a power could cost 30 PP and the character could have 146 or such). The layout and artwork is just OK. I think it may be a good investment if you look into super heroic D6 roleplaying, or collect superhero RPGs. I suggest MythicD6 for a superheroic D6 RPG though. Probably would have been my choice for Star Wars too if I wasn't too lazy to homebrew everything.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosmeister wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
Mighty Six?

It's a MiniSix compatible Superheroes RPG that I discovered a few years back when I did a deep dive on various supers RPGs. In the end I didn't like it that much because it uses superpowers as spells that the use is paid for with power points. It works but I found it not to my taste, I think because the numbers where to big (like a power could cost 30 PP and the character could have 146 or such). The layout and artwork is just OK. I think it may be a good investment if you look into super heroic D6 roleplaying, or collect superhero RPGs. I suggest MythicD6 for a superheroic D6 RPG though. Probably would have been my choice for Star Wars too if I wasn't too lazy to homebrew everything.

Mythic D6 was made by a friend of mine, Jerry Grayson. It is a success-based D6 game based on the D6 Legend variant of D6 that was used for WEG's DC superheroes game. Mythic is simple, but I like the granularity that comes from regular D6, and adding up pips is fun.

You may be interested in checking out WEG Star Wars LARP game if you want simple. There were only a couple books for it, and IIRC, there are three simple resolution mechanics to choose from (something like rolling a single die and adding it to a static stat).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: