The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

All About Lightsabers FEEDBACK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> All About Lightsabers FEEDBACK Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made an edit:

Changed Ataru to bring it more inline with the other forms.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on adding some additional crystals to the lightsaber construction rules.

I know there are some additional crystal types that are used in lightsabers besides the Adegan variety (Nextor, Damind, etc.)

Anyone have ideas on what the different types might do?

For example, Nextor might improve the Control roll to redirect blaster bolts.

What crystal varieties are worth adding and what effects (or, what kinds of effects) might they have?

Some of the ones I'm contemplating are:

Krayat Pearl
Opila
Nextor
Damind
Jenruax

Any others? What is effect should they have, and how would that be expressed in game terms?
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
I'm working on adding some additional crystals to the lightsaber construction rules.

I know there are some additional crystal types that are used in lightsabers besides the Adegan variety (Nextor, Damind, etc.)

Anyone have ideas on what the different types might do?

For example, Nextor might improve the Control roll to redirect blaster bolts.

What crystal varieties are worth adding and what effects (or, what kinds of effects) might they have?

Some of the ones I'm contemplating are:

Krayat Pearl
Opila
Nextor
Damind
Jenruax

Any others? What is effect should they have, and how would that be expressed in game terms?

The lost tribe of the sith used some balck/Charcoal grey ones but I don't remeber the name of them
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do they do differently than other crystals?
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some info that might help:

Knights of the Old Republic Power Crystals
HEART OF THE GUARDIAN - Alters the properties of other crystals that the lightsaber carried in a positive way; this crystal created a fast yet devastating blade that was perfect for lightsaber combat.
MANTLE OF THE FORCE - Amplifies the effects of other crystals that the lightsaber carried.

BONDAR - Produces a volatile lightsaber beam that pulses on impact, discharging part of its energy into an opponent. (On Hit: Stun 25% chance, 6 seconds, DC 10 Will save)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (On Hit: Stun 25% chance, 6 seconds, DC 14 Will save)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (On Hit: Paralyze 25% chance, 6 seconds, DC 14 Reflex save)

DAMIND - Creates a wider and longer blade than seen on a standard lightsaber, able to more-easily deflect blaster fire. (attack +3)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+3 to attack; energy 2)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (+1 to attack; energy 1, regenerate Force points 2)

ERALAM - Produces a clear, superior lightsaber beam. (+2 to attack; energy 2)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+3 to attack; energy 3)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (+3 to attack; energy 3)

FIRKRANN - Lightsaber attacks have a chance to deal extra electrical damage. (+2 to attack; energy damage +2-12 vs Droid)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+3 to attack; ion damage +3-18 vs Droid)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (+3 to attack; ion damage +3-18 vs Droid)

JENRUAX - Produces a blade of unerring quickness. (+5 blaster bolt deflection; energy damage 2)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+7 blaster bolt deflection; energy damage 2)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (+1 to Dexterity; +5 blaster bolt deflection; energy damage 2)

KRAYT DRAGON PEARL - This crystalline "pearl" appears to have refractory qualities that might allow it to function as a lightsaber crystal once properly adapted. (+3 to attack; energy 2)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+3 to attack; energy 1-8)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (+4 to attack; +3 blaster bolt deflection)

LUXUM - More effective against droids, imparting an ion effect to a lightsaber blade when used the construction of the weapon. (+2 to attack; energy damage +1-6 vs Droid)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+3 to attack; ion damage +1-12 vs Droid)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (+3 to attack; ion damage +1-12 vs Droid)

NEXTOR - Produces a volatile blade that can cause surprising amounts of damage. (+1 to attack; keen)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+1 to attack; energy 1)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (+1 to attack; energy 1)

OPILA - Produces an intense beam that seems extraordinarily quick to the cut. (energy damage 3; massive criticals +2-12)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+2 to attack; energy damage 3; massive criticals +2-12)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (+2 to attack; energy damage 3; massive criticals +2-12)

PHOND - Produces a fiercely burning lightsaber beam. (+1-6 physical damage; piercing)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+1-10 physical damage; slashing)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (+1-10 physical damage; slashing)

RUBAT - Lightsaber attacks deal extra damage. (+1 to attack; energy 1)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+2 to attack; energy 2)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (regenerate Force points 3)

SAPITH - Produces a more intense lightsaber beam, granting better control. (+2 to attack; energy 3)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+3 to attack; energy 4)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (+3 to attack; energy 4)

SIGIL - Lightning based attacks deal extra damage. (+1 to attack; energy 1-6)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+2 to attack; energy 1-8)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (+2 to attack; energy 1-8)

SOLARI - An artifact of true light side power, only those Jedi who are pure in spirit can wield a lightsaber equipped with this gleaming white gem. (+3 to attack; +1-8 damage vs Dark Side; +3 piercing damage)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+2 to attack; energy 1-10; +4 to blaster bolt deflection)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (+4 to attack; +2-12 vs Dark Side; energy 1-8)

UPARI - Can produce many effects in the hands of a Jedi Master. (+3 to attack; energy 1-8)
    With HEART OF THE GUARDIAN (+4 to attack; energy 1-12)
    With MANTLE OF THE FORCE (+2 to attack; energy 1-6; +8 to blaster bolt deflection)

RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more crystals.

The Force Unleashed Power Crystals
ILUM - Provides no bonuses. (Default lightsaber crystal)
KATAK - Lightsaber attacks have a chance to syphon health from opponents.
LORRDIAN - Increased ability to deflect and reflect blaster bolts.
RUUSAN - Force powers cost less force energy to use.
VEXXTAL - Lightsaber attacks have a chance to corrupt opponents with a damaging aura.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! Thanks, man.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
Yeah! Thanks, man.

You're welcome, though it looks like Alessandro_Franzen worked on this ten years ago (complete with D6 stats): Lightsaber Crystals - Customization.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanDarkstar wrote:
You're welcome, though it looks like Alessandro_Franzen worked on this ten years ago (complete with D6 stats): Lightsaber Crystals - Customization.

Yeah, that guy has 8 posts total on this forum, all in this thread he created.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Leona Makk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a little late to the thread. I am a big fan of the form and construction ideas. A player in my game just built a wooden lightsaber so its cool to have some stats to introduce.

I have a basic question, though.

Are the seven Lightsaber Forms presented here intended to be regular skills, (A) skills, or skill specializations?

I want to introduce some more dynamic Form rules, but my group is pretty small and there isn't a surplus of CPs for a ton of skills.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona Makk wrote:
I am a little late to the thread. I am a big fan of the form and construction ideas. A player in my game just built a wooden lightsaber so its cool to have some stats to introduce.

Are the seven Lightsaber Forms presented here intended to be regular skills, (A) skills, or skill specializations?

I want to introduce some more dynamic Form rules, but my group is pretty small and there isn't a surplus of CPs for a ton of skills.

Well, since this is a house rule that has yet to be adequately playtested, go ahead and modify it as you see fit.

The original intent was that each of the 7 forms was a base skill (alternative to the standard lightsaber skill).

Many here consider the forms to be advanced skills. But I do not. I started out listing them as specializations, but then I ran into the problem of having specializations in different kinds of lightsabers (such as double bladed lightsabers or shoto lightsabers, etc.). Vaapad is the only skill that is advanced in these house rules.

The way it is now, a character can choose a form as a base skill, and specialize in a particular kind of lightsaber.

I still don't know if I like the idea of specializing in a "kind" of lightsaber, but I don't know another D6-friendly way to make distinctions between types of lightsabers.

If you're running a low CP campaign, you might just want to ditch the prereqs and let players choose a form (assuming they have some way of learning that the form exists or learning it's principles, etc.).

Also note that these rules supersede the lightsaber combat force power. If you use these rules, then they are set up to eschew that entire power and just integrate all the special effects/abilities into the normal use of a lightsaber by a Jedi.

If you don't like that, feel free to change it up. It's your game, after all. Smile
Leona Makk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
Leona Makk wrote:

Well, since this is a house rule that has yet to be adequately playtested, go ahead and modify it as you see fit.

The original intent was that each of the 7 forms was a base skill (alternative to the standard lightsaber skill).

Many here consider the forms to be advanced skills. But I do not. I started out listing them as specializations, but then I ran into the problem of having specializations in different kinds of lightsabers (such as double bladed lightsabers or shoto lightsabers, etc.). Vaapad is the only skill that is advanced in these house rules.

The way it is now, a character can choose a form as a base skill, and specialize in a particular kind of lightsaber.

I still don't know if I like the idea of specializing in a "kind" of lightsaber, but I don't know another D6-friendly way to make distinctions between types of lightsabers.

If you're running a low CP campaign, you might just want to ditch the prereqs and let players choose a form (assuming they have some way of learning that the form exists or learning it's principles, etc.).

Also note that these rules supersede the lightsaber combat force power. If you use these rules, then they are set up to eschew that entire power and just integrate all the special effects/abilities into the normal use of a lightsaber by a Jedi.

If you don't like that, feel free to change it up. It's your game, after all. Smile

OOOOOhhh. I better do some homework.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: