The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Cyporg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Cyporg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject: Cyporg Reply with quote

This guy needs stats and a capsule!

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote his name to be PORG VADER
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capsule: As Porgs had begun to spread from Ahch-To to other planetary systems, thanks to the stowaways who had nested aboard the Millennium Falcon when Rey sought out the exiled Luke Skywalker, an elderly (but cybernetically-preserved) Doctor Evazan eventually happened upon a few Porgs and their Porglets, while the homicidal "science monster" was in hiding at the Black Spire Outpost on Batuu.

Quickly capturing a number of the adorable avians, Evazan turned them into cyborged-terrors, forcing them to act as his tiny army of messengers, lab assistants, and lackeys. But by happenstance, Evazan also happened to capture the very same sad-eyed Porg who had witnessed Chewbacca's killing, roasting, and near-consumption of one of its siblings back on Ahch-To!

And so, retaining that memory despite Evazan's horrific ministrations -- or perhaps strengthened in this recollection *because* of the Doctor's experiments, Cyp0rg-1 began to foster a burning hatred for Chewbacca. Bordering on true sentience because of Evazan's cruelly painful cybernetic "enhancements," Cyp0rg-1 now hopes to one day wreak vengeance upon Chewbacca, or upon any unfortunate Wookiee that he and Evazan might encounter in their travels.

OBSCURE CHARACTER ARCHIVE INDEX

shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so confused. I so hate porg but this is kinda cool. Oh man!

Quote:
CypPorg
Type: Super-cute non-invasive bird-thing (Disney marketing Dept)
DEXTERITY 1D
Glide 3D+2
PERCEPTION 1D

Con: guilty stare 5D
STRENGTH 1D
Special Abilities:
-- Glide: Porgs cannot fly but they can with enough height glide on thermals.
-- Guilty Stare: Whenever a character is doing something a Porg disagrees with they can use a guilty stare to shame the target into doing what they want (resisted by willpower or Perception).
-- Oh-so-Cute: Porg are cute, adorable, make soothing sounds, and funny sounds when surprised or scared. Most species, especially humans, feel protective of the Porg. It has been suggested this could be a form of mind-control.
-- Glowy, Red Cybereye: Ohhhh sparkly! See in dark conditions without penalty.
-- Cyber Armor: Ohhh shiny! +3D vs damage.
Move: 3
Size: 0.3 meters tall

Capsule: As Porgs had begun to spread from Ahch-To to other planetary systems, thanks to the stowaways who had nested aboard the Millennium Falcon when Rey sought out the exiled Luke Skywalker, an elderly (but cybernetically-preserved) Doctor Evazan eventually happened upon a few Porgs and their Porglets, while the homicidal "science monster" was in hiding at the Black Spire Outpost on Batuu.

Quickly capturing a number of the adorable avians, Evazan turned them into cyborged-terrors, forcing them to act as his tiny army of messengers, lab assistants, and lackeys. But by happenstance, Evazan also happened to capture the very same sad-eyed Porg who had witnessed Chewbacca's killing, roasting, and near-consumption of one of its siblings back on Ahch-To!

And so, retaining that memory despite Evazan's horrific ministrations -- or perhaps strengthened in this recollection *because* of the Doctor's experiments, Cyp0rg-1 began to foster a burning hatred for Chewbacca. Bordering on true sentience because of Evazan's cruelly painful cybernetic "enhancements," Cyp0rg-1 now hopes to one day wreak vengeance upon Chewbacca, or upon any unfortunate Wookiee that he and Evazan might encounter in their travels.

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:

I love it!

shootingwomprats wrote:
I am so confused. I so hate porg but this is kinda cool. Oh man!

It's just for fun.

Quote:
CypPorg
Type: Super-cute non-invasive bird-thing (Disney marketing Dept)
DEXTERITY 1D
Glide 3D+2
PERCEPTION 1D

Con: guilty stare 5D
STRENGTH 1D
Special Abilities:
-- Glide: Porgs cannot fly but they can with enough height glide on thermals.
-- Guilty Stare: Whenever a character is doing something a Porg disagrees with they can use a guilty stare to shame the target into doing what they want (resisted by willpower or Perception).
-- Oh-so-Cute: Porg are cute, adorable, make soothing sounds, and funny sounds when surprised or scared. Most species, especially humans, feel protective of the Porg. It has been suggested this could be a form of mind-control.
-- Glowy, Red Cybereye: Ohhhh sparkly! See in dark conditions without penalty.
-- Cyber Armor: Ohhh shiny! +3D vs damage.
Move: 3
Size: 0.3 meters tall

A Quote: Ma klounkee!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's precedent in both canon and EU for making cybernetic modifications to living beings. In the EU, the Cyborean Battle Dogs (cybernetically modified neks) from the first issue of Dark Empire, and then in Rogue One, there were the Decraniated...

Porgs would are pretty silly for this, but other avian creatures - like hawkbats - might be more useful.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
There's precedent in both canon and EU for making cybernetic modifications to living beings. In the EU, the Cyborean Battle Dogs (cybernetically modified neks) from the first issue of Dark Empire, and then in Rogue One, there were the Decraniated... but other avian creatures - like hawkbats - might be more useful.

The "decraniated" is a thing I don't like about RO and Solo, and I think that is removing a lot and adding little anyway (for no good reason) - The decraniated are a silly concept originating from TFA concept art. On the other hand, I don't like a lot of things about DE but the battle dogs makes a lot more sense than the decraniated. Cybernetic hawkbats would be better than the decraniated too.

CRMcNeill wrote:
Porgs would are pretty silly for this

Porgs are silly, period. You are going the creature route but I thought it would be more funny if the cyborging process uplifted the cyporg to sentience, kinda like what Telsij wrote.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Decraniated seem more like something from my Horrific Imperial Experiments topic, really.

But yeah, I'm looking at this more from a practical standpoint, as opposed to something humorous. The one use I can see something like this being put would be a more subtle modification that turns a living being into a remote camera or something, as the cybernetically modified creature would be harder to detect as part of a surveillance system than would a standard holo-cam.

There's a novel series by Peter F. Hamilton that features cybernetically modified black panthers linked into the security system of a mansion...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: