The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Segments?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG -> Segments?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alastor04
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Segments? Reply with quote

Would it be game breaking to roll all actions for a character on their turn rather than everyone taking first action then everyone taking second action etc?
TheEvilDM
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Segments? Reply with quote

Alastor04 wrote:
Would it be game breaking to roll all actions for a character on their turn rather than everyone taking first action then everyone taking second action etc?

well we basically do this.

On your turn, declare your actions and do them following the standard -1D for multi-action.

But of course when it comes to defending you'll be a disadvantage if you take multi-actions when it comes to dodging.

We don't follow the standard rules for combat of declaring actions, movement and then rolling init, allowing these people to move first.

Normally we do side initiative to see which side goes first. declare what you are doing on your turn and move (or not) and move onto the next person.

The game moves 1000 times faster this way.
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Segments? Reply with quote

Alastor04 wrote:

I think that would seriously confuse things, especially factoring in dodges.

I have everyone DECLARE their actions (sans dodges), so we know how much of a die penalty they'll face, but I have them ROLL their actions in the appropriate segment.

That way, if they decide to dodge in segment 2, we know how it will effect subsequent rolls.
Stan Shinn
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Segments? Reply with quote

TheEvilDM wrote:

well we basically do this.

On your turn, declare your actions and do them following the standard -1D for multi-action.

I have run it this way a couple of times and it seems to work fine. Mini6 I believe does it at well.

Also, it is kind of cool to read through Savage Worlds which is basically Star Wars d6 2e but using polyhedral step dice instead of d6 pools, but otherwise has many of the same principles (Wild Die, exploding dice, multi-action penalty, etc.). They let you do multiple actions but you do all actions on your turn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: