The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

HyperspaceD6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> HyperspaceD6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:59 am    Post subject: HyperspaceD6 Reply with quote

Check this out... HyperspaceD6... it attempts to streamline d6 with some modifications (almost a different take on the game, honestly). Seems kind of neat, I want to try it out...

Thoughts?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/dlpn51/hyperspaced6_a_simple_streamlined_rpg_hack_of/
Stan Shinn
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's interesting, although I'm approaching HyperspaceD6 (as well as Jez Gordon's Star Wars D6 Rules Essentials which inspired it) as sources for house rules and resources for me Star Wars 1e game, rather than as standalone games.
Stan Shinn
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules-wise, there are a few innovations I like. Minions is a great idea I was already using.

In particular though, I like they way they handle Static Defenses. The author takes the Mini-Six approach, but defenses are 10+ # of dice, instead of dice average. So a character with a DEX of 3D and an Agility of 1D would include both to calculate a Dodge of 14. In Mini-Six this would be the dice average, and Dodge would be 12. But a character with DEX 3D and Agility of 6D would be Dodge 19, versus a Mini-Six Dodge of 27. So it flattens the defense.

If I'm thinking through this correctly, this might solve the 'invulnerable Wookie' problem of Star Wars 1e, which would be a great house-rule for 1e.
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am impressed with the process of the Lightsaber duels.

Static defenses I already use a variation of.

I do not like the vehicle rules nor the range bands/ movement.
i think it really glosses over too much for my taste.
If this was presented to me as THE Star Wars game originally...I think I would have house-ruled myself back to where I am now.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredwulf60 wrote:
I am impressed with the process of the Lightsaber duels.

Due to this and some comments above yours, I'm going to have to make it a point to look at this more carefully sometime.

Dredwulf60 wrote:
I do not like the vehicle rules nor the range bands/ movement.
i think it really glosses over too much for my taste.
If this was presented to me as THE Star Wars game originally...I think I would have house-ruled myself back to where I am now.

Of this I have no doubt!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.
Static defenses I already use in d6, but the idea of the Force not being a set of "spell like" powers like in D&D, for sake of a better term, is something that I've been trying to get to for a while.
I also do not mind the range bands, that's a FFG innovation that i've seen at work, and it's elegant.
I love d6 2e R&E raw, but it has shown it's wrinkles as the years have passed and a true upgrade like this really works for me.
Good thing is we all have tons of options! We really can play whatever variety of rpg for SW we want at this point in time. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: