The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Personal Force Field & Invisibility
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Personal Force Field & Invisibility
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediJones
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject: Personal Force Field & Invisibility Reply with quote

I'm using West End D6 rules to run a Halo campaign. They translate very well, actually. Further, the Darkstrider Campaign boxed set works, if modified, for a campaign setting. However, there are a couple things I would ask the group about. They are personal shields and invisibility, both common in Halo but not common in Star Wars.

For personal shields, unless someone has a better idea, I'm running them like body armor but without the dexterity penalty. In short, they will give 1D resistance to damage on top of Strength, but only for one round if hit. Then they recharge after two rounds. Player will have to use a D4 in front of them to help keep track.

But I'm really questioning how to deal with the limited invisibility that Elites do in the video games. Maybe other characters and NPCs have to roll a Difficult level Perception roll to notice the invisible character, and the invisibility lasts for 4 rounds, and it ends if any attacks are made by the invisible character. And it raises the difficulty of anybody shooting at an invisible character to at a minimum, Difficult.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were to run something with a tech-based invisibility, I'd treat it somewhat like a defense.

If you're just relying on the invisibility, you roll your Invisibility, and that's the TN to notice you.

If you're actively sneaking, you roll Invisibility + Sneak, and that's the difficulty to notice you.

So, if I have a 2D rated Invisibility ability (Force-based or tech based), I roll 2D, and you have to roll against that to notice me.

If I'm actively trying to be careful and quiet, I roll Sneak + 2D, which is the TN to notice me.
JediJones
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! I like that way to handle invisibility better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: