The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ewok movies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Ewok movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Ewok movies Reply with quote

Was doing some research about the movies and discovered they take place between E5 & E6.

Now the ewoks did NOT turn them cute children into tender morsels. So what is up with them trying to roast Han? Had the imperial presence chased away all the game, so they were starving? I know they used meat to bait the trap, but that could have been something inedible to them.

The weird things one finds and questions.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like they turned hostile to the rebels due to perceived slights against C-3PO.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Ewok movies Reply with quote

Savar wrote:
Was doing some research about the movies and discovered they take place between E5 & E6.

Now the ewoks did NOT turn them cute children into tender morsels. So what is up with them trying to roast Han? Had the imperial presence chased away all the game, so they were starving? I know they used meat to bait the trap, but that could have been something inedible to them.

The weird things one finds and questions.

They weren't produced with that timeframe in mind. That was assigned that much later. When they were produced they were meant to be far removed from the films, like 150 years later. In 2011 Leland Chee said he rejected that date because even if Ewoks are a very long lived species, Wicket didn't appear to be any older than he had in RotJ. 150 years later made no sense but they weren't really trying to make sense.

If the Ewok TV movies took place in that timeframe, the Death Star under construction should have been visible in the sky, but it wasn't. The Empire should have already been there but there was no trace of them in these movies. Wicket apparently learns a little of the human language before RotJ ("Star cruiser, crash?"), but he only speaks his own language in RotJ. Logray is a completely different Ewok suit in the TV movies than in RotJ (they only share the shaman accouterments). Also, the Ewok cartoon TV series is supposed to take place before the live action films but Wicket's little sister grows younger in the TV movies.

And as you pointed out, the Ewoks on TV do not eat other sentients. In fact, in the cartoon Paploo even says that Ewoks never hunt unless there is no other food. So I think it is best to not really bother trying to make sense out of any Ewok TV shows. In my mind, they are the folk tales that are told 150 years later. So they may be inspired by true stories but embellished over the years.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the background information.

Darn that ruins some good debate material Razz
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put forth that this means 150 years later you could always say he's either a different Wicket, possibly a descendant. Or go with the "it's an in-universe myth" version which I also like.

I actually saw these as a small child when they were new and thought they were awesome back then. So. Mission accomplished I guess?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: