The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Clone Wars returns (announcement)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Clone Wars returns (announcement)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: The Clone Wars returns (announcement) Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1165054385669279744?s=20

The 7th season of The Clone Wars will premiere February 21st on Disney+.

EDIT:
Please do not post TCW s7 spoilers here. See the dedicated "Spoilers Allowed" thread for Disney+'s The Clone Wars-The Final Season.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clone Wars starts streaming Feb. 21 on Disney Plus. Here is a trailer.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1219983051205177344

Mace Windu senses a plot to destroy the Jedi... again. The scene is similar to the one in RotS where he says that. In the film he is talking to Yoda and a couple other Jedi who are all three holograms around a circular holo-display. In TCW version (at about 0:24 in the above video), Yoda is there in person and more characters are there by hologram, so I don't think this is supposed to be the same scene. So it seems that Mace said the same exact thing before he did in the film.

In the cartoon (I think season 6), Yoda learned that the Jedi lose by committing violence, but in RotS still goes to kill Palpatine in defiance that learned lesson. So it seems this series will continue contradicting/retconning the films. And of course it will continue the current trend of featuring resurrected Sith Lords, which is all the rage right now in Star Wars.

Rolling Eyes
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
OuttaWindu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting continuity piece is that in the "I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi"-scene, Kanan Jarrus and his master can be seen in the scene.

I'm looking forward to this new season, and may have to consider getting a VPN to get D+ early enough that I don't get the whole season spoiled/seen before it gets to Europe. Although considering we know what will happen in the end and know the fate of basically every character, maybe I shouldn't be too concerned about spoilers.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can be spoiled in all the new ways that it contradicts the films! LOL. The only way I can really wrap my head around TCW is to consider it a parallel universe to ones with the live action films. Events similar to the films may exist in the same universe as TCW, but definitely not exactly the same as in the films.

I am sympathetic to non-USA fans and I will create a new spoiler policy for all new Disney+ content before TCW drops in places that already have D+.

EDIT: Rancor Pit SPOILER POLICY
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found opened copes of the Cartoon Network Clone Wars. I think it's pretty good, but I haven't seen it all yet.

It's weird for me watching something of that era and liking it. Just goes to show that anything can be executed well. If I can like this, Abrams really has no excuse with me anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: