The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How did you find The Rancor Pit?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> How did you find The Rancor Pit? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How did you find The Rancor Pit?
Search engine
53%
 53%  [ 65 ]
Link from another site
19%
 19%  [ 23 ]
Word of mouth
21%
 21%  [ 26 ]
Other (post details below)
5%
 5%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 121

Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't recall, but it was in my searches for stuff on the Star Wars D6 system, since I wasn't really satisfied with the d20 stuff*, and I figured I'd join the forums because I found myself absolutely adoring the system itself.

I really began posting in earnest after getting into checking out stats for the various spaceships because I'm an insatiable spaceship fangirl.

*Turns out, what works for D&D doesn't quite work for Star Wars.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is garkhal's fault. IIRC, he linked something here on Dragonsfoot, and it was about the time I was thinking about d6 Star Wars for work.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stumbled on the site while looking for an interior map of an Imperial Star Destroyer. Let's Talk Star Destroyers! hooked me, and the rules discussions and stats for post-WEG made me stay.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject: How did you find the Rancor Pit? Reply with quote

Cool.

Loc Taal wrote:
I'm curious about how everyone initially found the site.
CRMcNeill wrote:
Honestly, it's been so long that I don't recall. I vaguely recall searching for somewhere else to land when the AOL SW-RPG mailing group dried up, so it may have been an Internet Search, but I can't say for certain.

Yeah, it has been so long. From reading threads at D6 Online and other old threads here, I've pieced together some of my forum history.

I first got online in the Summer of 2002, when AotC was in the theater. The first Star Wars forum I ever visited and participated in was the official StarWars.com Message Boards. There wasn't a lot of talk about the RPG there. I visited (but never posted on) the Jedi Council Forums. Sometime between 2002 and 2005 I sought out the official West End Games - Forums, my first game-devoted board. I did participate there and enjoyed it. Sometime by 2005, I also found the Rancor Pit through a google search or mention on the official WEG board, but I only lurked here at that point. The official WEG forums closed in 2008 and "The Game Guy" in WEG owner Eric Gibson's personal game group created the WEG Fan Forums, which Gibson considered the official spiritual replacement of the official WEG forum. The Game Guy made me a moderator at the new board. The Rancor Pit was brought up there and I finally registered and joined here.

In 2009 The Game Guy wanted out and passed WEG Fan Forums down to Magman who changed the name to WEG Fansite, which was re-blessed by Eric Gibson as the unofficial successor to the original WEG forums. When Moderators were added to the Pit in 2012, I became one. When Eric Gibson opened D6 and started selling off the WEG IP, Magman renamed the WEG Fansite and it became D6 Online. In 2017, Loc Taal transferred ownership of the Rancor Pit to me.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: