The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Wal-Mart Exclusive Retro Line
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Commerce and Collections -> Wal-Mart Exclusive Retro Line
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Wal-Mart Exclusive Retro Line Reply with quote

Hi all. Wal-Mart got the exclusive contract for Wave 2 of the Retro line. We get ESB cards for Luke (Bespin), Yoda, Boba Fett, Lando, and Han & Leia (Hoth). Plus a Hoth boardgame with an exclusive new Luke Snowspeeder pilot sculpt/card. Gonna try and get two of everything, one to play with and one to save. Leia nad Boba are sold out on pre-order and the boardgame isn't available to pre-order from what I can see.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Course this prompts inevitable thinking about an ROTJ wave 3, and, hope against hope, a 1985 POTF wave 4.

Forgot to link to anything. Here ya go.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Retro-Collection-Lando-Calrissian-Toy-Action-Figure/273988798

I am kinda sad at the lineup they chose for these. I was seriously just daydreaming about what 6 figures I'd want in such a wave when I pulled into my driveway today. I think it would've been better if they stuck to a format of 4 rebels (with 1 or no costume changes of the Big 3 per wave), the stormtrooper of that particular film, and a Darth Vader replacement such as AT-AT Commander and later, The Emperor. Course in an ROTJ wave, 2 of the rebel slots would need to be given to an ewok and one of Jabba's employees.

Boba Fett is just catnip for scalpers, kind of a bad choice IMO.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are in SOME Wal Marts now. I managed to get 8 of the 12 I need. No Boba Fetts of course. I was hoping if they did an ESB wave they'd leave him out cause only scalpers will win. And so far I am right. He's on eBay for absurd prices.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally completed my two sets. Boba Fett of course being the hard one to find. Either over-produce him or leave him out of lines, Hasbro! He's just a gift to scalpers.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel all of the nostalgias.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Commerce and Collections All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: