The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Searching for Jedi Artifacts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Searching for Jedi Artifacts.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merreel
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject: Searching for Jedi Artifacts. Reply with quote

I am looking on making some Indiana Jones style adventures where a Jedi PC surviving Order 66 is traveling to different locations (temples and such) looking for things to help learn the ways of the Force. Does anyone have any ideas on making a hunt to find the locations and then how to make a location with traps and such. Not having the time I used to when younger ideas and premade stuff would be awesome. Thanks
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Jedi, I would less be inclined towards Indiana Jones style traps and more like puzzle doors and the occasional insane guardian droid.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of the old D&D Dungeon Crawls would be a great source for trap ideas. Even magical traps can be replicated by making them products of Sith Alchemy, empowering inanimate objects with Force powers that activate on physical stimuli (EU evidence suggests crystals can be used as repositories or foci of such powers).

Also, if you’re looking for villains, my COMPNOR expansion includes a branch dedicated to archaeology (searching for artifacts proving human superiority, as well as covert searches for Jedi and Sith artifacts). Indiana Jones villains like Beloq or Donovan could be bureaucrats or high-ranking Imperials seeking artifacts for their own reasons, while Mola Ram or Irina Spalko types could be Dark Jedi or Sith Aspirants seeking artifacts for their power or knowledge.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Welcome to the Pit, Merreel.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Any of the old D&D Dungeon Crawls would be a great source for trap ideas. Even magical traps can be replicated by making them products of Sith Alchemy, empowering inanimate objects with Force powers that activate on physical stimuli (EU evidence suggests crystals can be used as repositories or foci of such powers).

Also, if you’re looking for villains, my COMPNOR expansion includes a branch dedicated to archaeology (searching for artifacts proving human superiority, as well as covert searches for Jedi and Sith artifacts). Indiana Jones villains like Beloq or Donovan could be bureaucrats or high-ranking Imperials seeking artifacts for their own reasons, while Mola Ram or Irina Spalko types could be Dark Jedi or Sith Aspirants seeking artifacts for their power or knowledge.

Don't forget hutts, who often like to have trinkets of that nature...
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching for Jedi Artifacts. Reply with quote

Merreel wrote:
I am looking on making some Indiana Jones style adventures where a Jedi PC surviving Order 66 is traveling to different locations (temples and such) looking for things to help learn the ways of the Force. Does anyone have any ideas on making a hunt to find the locations and then how to make a location with traps and such. Not having the time I used to when younger ideas and premade stuff would be awesome. Thanks

To give it the Indiana Jones feel, you have Imperial Inquisitors hunting down artifacts of power for the Emperor.

Make sure that the traps are built to handle someone who can use the Force. If the area is trapped to protect a Force Artifact it's likely to stop unwanted Force Users from acquiring the object.
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get a chance, look at the solo adventure in the Tales of the Jedi Sourcebook. It gives a good example (though you aren’t looking for a Jedi atrifact per se). And when I first read it, it screamed dungeon crawl!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP was Merreel's only post on the Pit so far. I hope he comes back and updates us on his game.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: