The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Map of the Jedi Temple
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Map of the Jedi Temple
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Map of the Jedi Temple Reply with quote

I'm putting together a raid on the holocron room of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, a few years before ANH. Anyone got a link to a good map?

I've done a basic Google search, and I have a rough idea of the layout of the temple. I remember Cad Bane raided the holocron room on Clone Wars, so I'll rewatch that.

Any other suggestions?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Map of the Jedi Temple Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:
I'm putting together a raid on the holocron room of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, a few years before ANH. Anyone got a link to a good map?

I presume that your SWU does not follow canon in which Palpatine moved into the Temple and made it his personal residential palace.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's interesting. I did not know that. What a classic Sith move!

I'm going to have to do more research.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I thought that was a cool idea.

The Jedi Temple appears in the Star Wars cross-section books, but you probably already found out that in your Google search.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the information on the holocron archive comes from the clone wars saeson 2, episode 1. It is located off the library, near the communication center in the south tower.

Palpatine's residence is in the Jedi Council chamber at the top of the center spire, his throne room is the next floor down in the Knight's hall.

If the holocron archive is kept intact, which it may have been, then it is part of the Imperial Palace, most of which is the administrative center of the Empire. I think I can make the argument that the players can attempt to infiltrate the palace complex and attempt a raid on the holocron room.

What do you guys think? Is that a rational assumption or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Ning Leihrec
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like a fun adventure to plan as GM and impossible for PC’s to accomplish. The Emperor would have unmatched security (technological as well as unnatural/arcane). If the cave on Dagobah was a challenge for Luke imagine what the Emperor’s personal “domain of Evil” would have in store for trespassers. It could make for a cool horror adventure though. Everyone would die, and even if they recovered a holocron it would be a decoy or boobytrapped, but maybe they could make a discovery of some kind and impart the secret knowledge to a courier droid or send it off in a capsule - like the ending of Rogue One.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be more like breaking into the Capitol Building, or perhaps the Pentagon. The former Jedi Temple is gigantic, dozens of stories high, and taking up multiple city blocks. Most of the Imperial Palace is now an administrative building for the Empire, a vast majority.

Breaking into the central spire would be much like what you're describing Ning, but the rest of the complex would be far less daunting.

I think the Emperor would have taken any holocrons he found intriguing decades ago. What would be left would be the more mundane holocrons, like the one in Rebels, interactive training holocrons, histories, and the like. That's what my players would be interested in.

What kind of security would be on that?

I imagine a single Olbio tree in the center of the library, with ysalamiri all over it. After all, only a jedi would be interested in the holocrons.
Ning Leihrec
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still seems like a suicide mission to me, but a fun idea. Maybe with an "inside man" and a secret passage (possibly dating back to the old republic/unknown to the Emperor's guards) you could get your players inside. But like you said the lesser Holocrons are really only useful as bait to trap rebels and crypto-Jedi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: