The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Lightsaber Quests?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Lightsaber Quests? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To hell with starbucks..

They need some Little Casears on board!

Meetza meetza
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
To hell with starbucks..

Meetza meetza

I concur. I hate Starsucks. I've got a Little Caesars only a mile away from home. Not my fave pizza, but the best pizza for the value. My son and I get one every month - We half and half it. They have a phone app that I can order and pay, and then scan my phone at the store to open up this compartment that has my pizza. Minimizes contact.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister worked for Starbucks for 14 years (just quit because she got her nursing degree), so she hooked me up with free coffee for a long time. I find Starbucks standard coffee decent and competitively priced, especially compared to the coffee-flavored swill offered at truck stops. And I have several years of pizza delivery under my belt, including stints at Little Caesar's, Round Table and Pizza Hut, as well as a few local chains.

While I don't want to hijack the thread, it does make me wonder about the possibility of franchise locations aboard the Death Star. I'm reminded of Spaceball One prepping for Ludicrous Speed: "Close all the shops in the mall! Cancel the three-ring circus! Secure all the animals in the zoo!"

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the hijacking! If you're wondering about Death Star catering, this always springs to mind:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5iEK-IEzw

Note: Contains spicy language.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
garhkal wrote:
To hell with starbucks..

Meetza meetza

I concur. I hate Starsucks. I've got a Little Caesars only a mile away from home. Not my fave pizza, but the best pizza for the value. My son and I get one every month - We half and half it. They have a phone app that I can order and pay, and then scan my phone at the store to open up this compartment that has my pizza. Minimizes contact.

They have a $5 lunch special where you get a soda and a half a deep dish pizza. They are addictive.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Whill wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Meetza meetza

I've got a Little Caesars only a mile away from home. Not my fave pizza, but the best pizza for the value. My son and I get one every month - We half and half it.

They have a $5 lunch special where you get a soda and a half a deep dish pizza. They are addictive.

That's a good deal. I usually only get a half-hour for lunch, so I wouldn't have time to go get that and eat it before needing both of my hands to get back to work. For lunch I sometimes have left overs but usually eat cereal. Pizza is usually a Friday night meal for us. Unfortunately my wife is very allergic to yeast so can't eat most breads and pizza crusts, so she makes her own when we get pizza.

We tried the LC deep dish once and I liked it, but my son didn't so we never get it. I liked the thin crust more than deep dish, but my son likes the standard crust best. Unfortunately he is a picky eater. He gets just extra cheese on his half of the pizza, and I get at least pepperoni on my half.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i was in Gulfport, i'd often go to Cici's pizza buffet. BUT here in columbus i've not yet seen a Cici's..
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
When i was in Gulfport, i'd often go to Cici's pizza buffet. BUT here in columbus i've not yet seen a Cici's..

There used to be five locations around town. My family went to the northwest location by us several years back when my son was little. That location wasn't that great. Not long after that, all five Columbus locations permanently closed. It is still a national chain and there are some locations remaining open in Ohio, but none in central Ohio anymore.

On your side of town, Bellacino's was a good local pizza place we tried on Morse Rd east of 270. It's still there. They had a buffet, but of course there aren't any buffets right now anyway due to the pandemic. I think they are only open for carry out right now.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i found that out last week, when i drove out to Wheeling, and tried to go in a pizza hut, for its lunch time buffet..
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This hijacked thread brought to you by ME!
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
This hijacked thread brought to you by ME!

And then we even went a left turn from Starbucks, didn't we? We got Little Ceasars tonight. Cool
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, it seems to me I remember long ago working with several members here in this forum to produce a Rancor Pit Force book that contained information on the Jedi, The Sith, The Night Sisters, and more. We were collecting some information from existing fanmade sources and had reached out to get permissions for things including the Lightsaber Combat Forums, and advanced Lightsaber construction rules. There was planned to be a section on Force Ghosts and becoming one, though I had life issues take me away when we only had rough notes for that part, but I do remember us talking at length about Jedi Trials and quests. If this book was out there somewhere I am sure it would have something in it about Lightsabers as we did discuss those sections at length and as I recall those chapters were finished.
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers KageRyu, I would be very interested in this if there was anything about, although I am going to run Scavenger Hunt in the hope that the Jedi character can find Obi-Wan's lightsaber.

Longer term, I will need to have some character that can teach the Jedi a few skills, so I'm wondering if there's anything like that in any of the adventures, not sure if anyone knows?
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bissler wrote:
Cheers KageRyu, I would be very interested in this if there was anything about, although I am going to run Scavenger Hunt in the hope that the Jedi character can find Obi-Wan's lightsaber.

Longer term, I will need to have some character that can teach the Jedi a few skills, so I'm wondering if there's anything like that in any of the adventures, not sure if anyone knows?

There Were two official WEG books to briefly cover Lightsaber construction to some degree, though I do not have my library handy to verify, I believe they were Tales of the Jedi Companion, and Jedi Academy. These Introduced a Lightsaber Construction skill, and some brief rules on materials and modifications. In the Fan Made Supplements Library linked from the Tools sub forum there is an Ultimate Lightsaber Guide that has this information expanded with more details - some of it looks like what was being worked on when I had to take my first sabatical so it may be the material was split up and this fan made book is some of the Lightsaber material.

What Follows is examples of how I gave Lightsaber Quests to Jedis over the years.

When I Started Running Star Wars it was with the first two books only, back in the 80s, and there was little detailing how a Jedi constructed a Lightsaber - and far less Fan, official, and Expanded Universe material available for reference then. At the time I decided that a Jedi who thought himself ready to build his own Lightsaber and had no reference to work from could enter into a deep trance to commune with the force and the Jedi's of old. In this trance the needed materials would be revealed, and the method of construction (I think I used a variation of Farseeing - back in 1E the force was much more open ended and I still prefer that- I believe I set the difficulty at 20). If the Jedi already had the materials then upon completing the ritual he would find the Lightsaber Constructed - otherwise he would need to gather the materials and repeat the ritual.

In one case a player had managed to find/acquire a damaged and non working Lightsaber - and he spent game session after game session trying to repair it to no avail as he did not yet understand how it worked. His fellow players were cooperative and took some time here and there to help track down myths about Jedis (a few were mini adventures inserted into the plot) in hopes of finding a survivor or finding lore on the Lightsaber. He eventually learned about the Crystals at the heart of the saber and how a Jedi needed to attune one to himself, and from there just needed to find a raw Khyber crystal.

I would say the majority of the components of the Lightsaber are not too difficult to find, it is the crystals. I would also allow a Jedi to disassemble a damaged or non functioning Lightsaber to try to reverse engineer it - but inevitably the Jedi will have to learn how to attune a crystal.

Currently with much more source material, both official and fan made, to draw from there is no shortage of how a character may begin a quest to build a Lightsaber. Maybe finding a broken or damaged one on an old battlefield. Maybe stumbling on a fragment of or a damaged Holocron that provides valuable clues where to look for more information. A force vision either from self attempts or by some other force user broadcasting to the Character (great for so many possible story uses with Jedi and force characters), A set of partial plans casually displayed in some diplomats office as art, being led or sent to an unknown Jedi reliquary, meeting a force using NPC. I think a quest like constructing his own Lightsaber should be multi-faceted and multi-part - trails of clues and breadcrumbs, and hard choices, to lead to the final goal. Perhaps even the first few attempts are missing info and the character gets a Lightsaber that is tempermental?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do remember that fan suppliment on the force... I do not know if it touched on lightsaber construction... Since i don't have it, i can't check.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: