The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Are there any known PC template flaws in the R&E book?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Are there any known PC template flaws in the R&E book?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject: Are there any known PC template flaws in the R&E book? Reply with quote

Are there any known flaws in the R&E PC templates? Typos, incorrect attribute dice totals or weapon damage, etc.? Other than the Failed Jedi image showing him using an Alter power when the template wasn't given Alter? I need to know for a small project. Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Quixotic Jedi has two extra pips in the attributes
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just took a long long look, and the template does not have an attribute mistake
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff wrote:
Just took a long long look, and the template does not have an attribute mistake

Thanks for taking a look. I found that the first template has Jedi misspelled as "JEdi" in one instance. And the Gambler is described as "insecure" when the 1e version of the template says "insincere". It's obvious that the original word was the intention there.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the collection of templates PDF to review them all at once, so I opened up the Tales of the Jedi Supplement knowing that book has the editorial standards of your average kindergarten.

Bearing in mind that the first die in a Jedi skill costs an attribute dice, each addition die costs a skill die, I already knew this book got that wrong in their templates. Here is a list of templates from TotJ that have too few attribute dice:

Battle Master

Beast Master

Mystic

Healer

The Freedom Warrior has 2D+2 many dice

Editorial standards of a kindergarten.

Good luck on your quest.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate that, Kytross. At this point I was just asking for R&E template errors for the new document I created, but it is good to know about those TotJ templates. Here is what I found and updated for the R&E templates...

Quote:
...I read through all the templates and looked for possible edits to make. All the weapon damage stats seem correct and the attributes total 18D for all. On a couple templates I removed a period at the end of Equipment because most of them do not have one. IIRC, this is what else I changed/added:
    Alien Student of the Force: Fixed a mid-word capitalization typo.
    Arrogant Nobel: Fixed a confusing Connection With Characters reference (carried over from 1e) that made it seems like this character was a Senatorial character when she clearly isn't and even opposes democracy.
    Ewok: Added a film timeline note with respect to the background.
    Failed Jedi: Multiple core Jedi templates, especially Failed Jedi, were born out of 1e which did not have the same concept of Force Sensitivity. In 1e, any Jedi character could teach anyone else the Force. The Failed Jedi's write-up is such that the character's only purpose is to train someone else, when I have found it is quite common for player groups to only have one Force PC with no other PCs even being interested in learning the Force. The Failed Jedi's Connection With Characters only speaks to choosing another PC to train. I removed the word "player" from "player character" because training an NPC would also be an option, and I added a sentence from the Bounty Hunter template about other fringe characters just to have a non-trainee related suggestion. I also added a note for a stats option of having a Failed Jedi with the Alter skill, which of course means that under RAW I had to take 3 pips from the attributes for when a player chooses that option. The template's image is clearly a character with Alter so I figured there should at least be an option for a Failed Jedi that starts out with Alter. IAG has a non-telekinesis-using image for a Failed Jedi, but that image is in grayscale, not color.
    Gambler: I corrected a word that was probably a spellcheck error on a transcription error that completely changed the word from the 1e template. The 1e word makes sense for the character and the R&E word didn't, so I went with the original word.
    Protocol Droid: I like the artwork but it clearly isn't the same model of droid as Threepio, so I changed the model name to "3JL Protocol Droid". I came up with that by simply replacing the "PO" with the artist's initials.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I thought you meant any of the templates from 2E R&E on, not just that specific book.

I ran through the math and all the templates in that book have 18D in attributes. So, there's that.

Good luck buddy.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:
Ok, I thought you meant any of the templates from 2E R&E on, not just that specific book.

I ran through the math and all the templates in that book have 18D in attributes. So, there's that.

Good luck buddy.

Thanks for the double check. Here's the final product of the project:

R&E Character Templates
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veteran Space I think have +1 pip on attributes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: