The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

REUP Starship Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> REUP Starship Damage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: REUP Starship Damage Reply with quote

In Star Wars REUP I can't find any reference to Starship Damage cumulating in the same way that Wounds do for characters, i.e. A third wound to a character would mean a character is incapacitated. By extension, I expected that a third Lightly Damaged result would automatically go to Heavy Damage.

Other than the specific effects outlined in damage (such as multiple reductions to Manoeuvrability), is it the case that the intention is that there is no stacking damage?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's there on p.138-139. Controls Ionized results accumulate with each other similar to character stuns. As for the damage statuses...

"If a heavily damaged ship is is lightly damaged or heavily damaged again, it becomes severely damaged."
"A severely damaged ship which is lightly, heavily, or severely damaged again is destroyed."
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, thanks Whill.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still think there should be rules that make it harder to destroy capital ships, like you can take it out section-by-section if it's a military design.

Wreck the engines, then send in the boarding team.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Still think there should be rules that make it harder to destroy capital ships, like you can take it out section-by-section if it's a military design.

Wreck the engines, then send in the boarding team.

I came up with a rule for doing this, as part of my larger re-write of the Starship Damage Chart. Basically, you have to declare in advance what system you're trying to damage, and to what degree, which in turn modifies the Scale of the target (as well as adding +10 to the Gunnery Difficulty).

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: "REUP" Starship Damage Reply with quote

The Bissler wrote:
Perfect, thanks Whill.

And FYI, REUP is not a separate game system. REUP is 2e R&E, updated to include the prequels and more. It incorporates optional rules and such, but it is the same game system as R&E. There are some minor stat revisions, like Twi'leks. REUP even repeats some errors in R&E, such as stating there are 60 seconds in an hour.

The REUP text for starship damage accumulation is directly lifted from R&E p. 128 with no changes.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: "REUP" Starship Damage Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
The Bissler wrote:
Perfect, thanks Whill.

And FYI, REUP is not a separate game system. REUP is 2e R&E, updated to include the prequels and more. It incorporates optional rules and such, but it is the same game system as R&E. There are some minor stat revisions, like Twi'leks. REUP even repeats some errors in R&E, such as stating there are 60 seconds in an hour.

The REUP text for starship damage accumulation is directly lifted from R&E p. 128 with no changes.

Thanks - I was caught in two minds as to which category - official or house rules - to put it in. I assumed that because it wasn't WEG it wasn't official. Good I know now. As my question has been answered, please feel free to delete the thread since it doesn't belong here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: