The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Battlefront II
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> Battlefront II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Battlefront II Reply with quote

My dad got my son Battlefront II (Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition) for XBox One, his first modern non-Lego Star Wars video game. I've played it several times with him. It's hard. I've found that I have to be Anakin to have any chance of not getting totally destroyed (which still happens even with Anakin). It looks cool, but it is not really my thing.

Anyway, I thought I would post a thread about it in case true video gamers wanted to talk about it. And if anyone has any questions about it, feel free to ask. If I don't know, I'll ask my son.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a TON of this when it first came out. I haven't picked it up in months, though.

If you haven't played it at all....honestly I don't know what you'll think about it. There's definitely a learning curve and you'll be playing against players who already have a bunch of stuff unlocked. Some game modes are also way more active than others (e.g., I gather that Starfighter Assault is basically dead and abandoned, which is a real shame).

The core of the game is great, but in my opinion it has been horribly managed by DICE, which is having trouble managing their "live service" games across the board (this and Battlefield V).

I'd say it's a good buy at $20. I wouldn't pay a dime more.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo4114 wrote:
I played a TON of this when it first came out. I haven't picked it up in months, though.

If you haven't played it at all....honestly I don't know what you'll think about it. There's definitely a learning curve and you'll be playing against players who already have a bunch of stuff unlocked. Some game modes are also way more active than others (e.g., I gather that Starfighter Assault is basically dead and abandoned, which is a real shame).

The core of the game is great, but in my opinion it has been horribly managed by DICE, which is having trouble managing their "live service" games across the board (this and Battlefield V).

I'd say it's a good buy at $20. I wouldn't pay a dime more.

I don't know how much my dad paid for it but it was new so I'm guessing a lot more than $20.

I guess I should have specified that my son does not have XBOX Live Gold or whatever is needed to play with people online. He is almost 10, and I don't feel comfortable with him being contacted by strangers online. We have two controllers so we have one or two player games - He either plays by himself or with me. Either way, as an option we can add AI soldiers to our team if we want. One time when I wasn't paying attention, I was Anakin and he chose a Vs. mode where he was Maul and ambushed me, but the rest of the time we have been on the same side.

Some of my son's friends have XBOX Live Gold and he whines about not having it every now and then. Even without it, his friends with XBOX have "friended" him and they can still send messages to each other through the XBOX. But these connections are arranged in person where they trade each others usernames at school. I just don't feel he's old enough to do online gaming yet.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still got the OLD battle front 2 for the PC.. Have not even GOT a console.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those with a PS4 and the PSN+, it's free this month.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I still got the OLD battle front 2 for the PC.. Have not even GOT a console.

So last month they had an Xbox One version of the original Battlefront II (2005) available as a download for $10, so we went ahead and got it. It's a lot more simplistic but that's not a bad thing for me. I like being Aayla Secura, my favorite background Jedi.

Then recently they had the Ultimate Edition of the modern Battlefront 1 available on sale for only $5, so we bought that up. It's not too far behind the Bf2, and it does have some stuff not in the latest game, like Jyn Erso and Sullust. I've played it but it is hard for me. I like the air/space battles a little better.

My son has really enjoyed enjoyed getting these other Star Wars games.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: