The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

An Adventure: The Rebels of Chayloon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> An Adventure: The Rebels of Chayloon Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarPadre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind at all about you writing it up. Please do, I shall read with fascination. I am just amazed that someone wants to use the scenario!

Of course you would have to change the name to fit you campaign. I would.

After mentioning in the Mission Briefing that the stormtrooper battalion was half strength, in the appendix it gives the particulars as ...

Major Karbin
Stormtrooper Battalion, consisting of two companies …
Captain Tyfer
Attack Company
Captain Ugranor
Attack Company

Although the mission briefing also states that the half-strength batallion guard the starport and facility, Tyfer's company is later mentioned in a snippet of comm traffic from 'Minarac Patrol 16' as being active in the operations against the Mah Ta. This would leave only Ugranor's company at the Facility.

That means one company, being 5 squads of 10 men each, so 50 altogether. Plus, I suppose, some support personnel. And I reckon some Imperial Army elements too.

But you were correct to suspect I expected to modify numbers re: the PCs' abilities, that's why I simply listed 'companies'. Besides, the starport and facility are big. 50 ain't that many to cover such an area. Perhaps 10-20 active at the faciity, 10-20 off-duty (at the facility, and thus wuld be active quite quickly) and 10-20 in the starport?
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic, thanks Star Padre! I'll let you know when I'm going to run it and again once the write up is done!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarPadre wrote:
Thank you The Bissler. Great feedback, and very encouraging. It is very hard, if not impossible, to judge one's own stuff, or to know if other GM's find it useful unless they say.

I am far more convinced I should work up another adventure at some point.

The star wars adventure is not on my website (www.bigsmallworlds.com), sorry. That website is almost exclusively about my current Warhammer Old World Tilea campaign. I was more asking whether it would have been better if I had put the Chayloon scenario there, to format more clearly, and then link.

Maybe I should do that next time?

It would be really helpful for me to have Part 1 published somewhere separate from the adventure to direct my players: would you mind me publishing this on my blog? Obviously I'd credit you as having written the adventure (I'd need a note of your name unless you'd prefer to be credited under your alias here) in bold at the top of my blog and include a link to your blog. I could also publish your adventure as a separate post or simply link to your post here, I wouldn't mind.

If you are unfamiliar with my blog and how the post would be presented, you can find it here: http://thebissler.blogspot.com

Your website looks great btw! I wish I had the time to read it, but on top of running/recording Star Wars, I'm writing a trilogy of novels (beginning Book III now) so don't have much to do anything else at the moment!
StarPadre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do publish the first part - it's a great way of getting the briefing to your players so that you can dive right in (in media res) in the play session, exiting hyperspace in-system, with the two asteroid belts appearing!

If you want to link to my adventure here, that'd be great. Readers would get to read what happened to your PCs on your blog, then if interested they could see the story and mechanics behind it, and what other options they PCs might have had etc.

Just use my old nickname 'Padre'. That's what my old role-playing friends have called me for 30 years!

The campaign story on my website is very complex, like a series of novels! It would take a lot of time to read! Some people other than my players have read it, though, and I even have some actual 'fans', who have better memories of events and characters than me on occasion!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic, thank you! As mentioned on my other thread, I'm a few weeks away from running it yet, but will proceed as you've outlined and will update you when the posts start going up!

Wow, fans! There's something to dream about!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one final suggestion Star Padre! I always put up title crawls for the adventures on YouTube. Where I can, I base these on some of the text from the adventures, but often write them myself. I'd be happy to write one for your adventure - but thought you might fancy doing it yourself? If so, please send me the text and I'll turn it into a video opening scroll for you!

In case you haven't spotted any, here's an example for the Pirates of Prexiar REUP mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY-QV9xnPnM&t=2s
StarPadre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had watched a few of your scrolls!

Here is a suggestion, assuming that the adventure will be set during the period of the original trilogy ...

The Rebels of Chayloon

On a backwater world known only for its precious gems, Imperial forces have reported a growing rebellion against their tyrannical rule. Little is known of the world and nothing of the rebels, but it is almost certain that they will meet a cruel fate if left to their own devices.

Struggling on many fronts and with available resources stretched to the limits, Alliance Command is nevertheless keen to assist the budding rebels on Chayloon 2, and so they have dispatched an operative team to investigate, assess and assist in whatever way they can.

Too short? Too uninteresting? Or ok?
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the delayed response SP! I've been working on my sessions and write up over the past few days. The main issue would be is that the scrolls always have three paragraphs. If I could perhaps suggest the following:

THE REBELS OF CHAYLOON

The Mah-Ta, a primitive culture on the world of Chayloon 2 have been mounting a desperate resistance against Imperial and Corporate oppression.

Significant resources have been committed to the remote world in the pursuit of mining precious gems. Outmatched and outgunned, the Mah-Ta struggle seems destined to failure.

A Rebel team has been dispatched to bring hope to the Mah-Ta before the Empire spells doom for their people, once and for all...

I know this probably overstates the Empire's intentions and, more importantly, this is your project, so if you don't like it, I'd be very happy to post up your one. Also very happy for anyone to kick my suggestion into better shape too!
StarPadre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could, and it sounds good. But you would have to re-write the mission instructions which says:

Quote:
The identity of the rebels is unknown. They may be a breakaway faction of local corporate personnel, or possibly members of the native population. Local Imperial personnel may know the identity of the rebels.

Part of the early episodes is about the PCs finding out who the rebels actually are.

Three paragraphs you say? How about ...

The Rebels of Chayloon

On the backwater world of Chayloon 2, known only for its precious gems, Imperial forces and Corporate interests are facing a growing rebellion against their tyrannical rule.

Little is known of the rebels, but it is almost certain that they are outgunned and will surely meet a cruel fate if left to their own devices.

A Rebel team has been dispatched to bring hope to the mysterious Chayloon rebels, before the forces of the Empire destroy them utterly ...
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A suggestion for the last line:

The Rebel Alliance has dispatched a team to try and aid the mysterious Chayloon rebels before the forces of the Empire destroy them utterly.

It can be good to differentiate your different rebel groups. These folks are members of the Rebel Alliance.

Just my .02 credits.
StarPadre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. I changed 'operative team' to 'rebel team' to try to incorporate Bissler's words, but failed to notice two 'rebels' in one sentence!

That's phone editing for you, whilst trying to take the laundry out!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Star Padre, I'll use that wording then. I've got one adventure to run first (expect it'll be 1-2 sessions) then it's on to yours. I'll let you know when the scroll is up!
StarPadre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I am now nearing the motivation levels required to convert another old scenario, which I reckon is far more fun than this one but fun is in the eye (mind?) of the beholder (thinker)?.
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I'm delighted to hear it! If we could use GIFs you would have had the cheering baby as a response! I look forward to reading it in due course!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bissler wrote:
Excellent! I'm delighted to hear it! If we could use GIFs you would have had the cheering baby as a response! I look forward to reading it in due course!

This one?

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: