The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

IAG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG -> IAG Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaosmeister
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: IAG Reply with quote

Since Whill suggested IAG I have been devouring it and loving it. Great ruleset, the perfect mix of 1e and 2e for me. Sadly the digital versions available from the usual sources are mediocre scans in low resolution. Hard to read. And the components are unusable at the resolution they are scanned. Does anyone here have access to the box and a scanner and might be willing and able to make a high res scan of the contents? I tried to look for one to buy but shipping it over to germany is insanely expensive. Thought I'd try my luck here.

I started to make a mini "update" by recreating the Players Booklet in a new PDF but I don't think I will be able to do that for the other books before the campaign is set to start and I really want to run this.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we really can't post PDFs of the materials from official books, perhaps we can help you locate some freely available materials online that would be a suitable substitute? Papercraft minis? Maps? Layouts?

What do you need for your upcoming game that we might be able to help you find either free or relatively inexpensively?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought was to suggest buying it off Amazon or eBay, but I decided to do a quick search and see what prices were like.

And... nothing.

Anyone else have any luck?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Chaosmeister
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one at Waynes for a reasonable price alas shipping to germany is as much as the box and I can't justify that right now due to lack of income. Nothing here in germany at all.

What I need most are the Character, creature and other standees that where included. I am going to remake the maps anyway. I have some minis from Khairul Hisham that I need to go through, there are at least stormtroopers and the like I can use.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad the suggestion was appreciated and allowed you to move forward with a campaign. If I had an extra IAG and could ship it to Germany, I would. hisham's minis are great. I hope that works out for you.

I don't have minis other than paper ones, but I do need a new printer. We use maps sometimes but often just go with theater of the mind. If more visuals are needed to aid the theater of the mind for spatial/tactical questions, we use crudely drawn maps. Either way, we usually use mini dice of various colors to represent characters that we don't have minis for. I have a ton of little white dice with black pips that make good stormtroopers - I have their "#" as the side up to differentiate them (stormtrooper #1, stormtrooper #2, etc.) so I can keep track of wound status, who is doing what, etc.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Chaosmeister
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I am playing exclusively online I need good quality paper mini images to help with visualization as for me something is lost online that I can make up with tech. I don't need to spend as much time on details as things are just there. I do theatre of the mind as well though, still find miniatures very useful to determine placement.

For example here is a scene from the IAG, the scout camp ambush, I am working on right now.

LARGE IMAGE: https://i.imgur.com/KADEy9fh.jpg

Got most of the basics minis replaced now, struggling to get the Edan Tiger done as all images I find are not high res enough to work with them properly for digital purposes. And of course miss all of the named NPCs.

Last edited by Chaosmeister on Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
Chaosmeister
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I got my own IAG box delivered to my Door. 100% complete and the contents are in top condition! Feels wrong to actually read it but then that's what they are made for right? Now I got a better source for images and maps I can move forward with the prep. I plan to put everything on TTS once I am done with it.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I'm glad to hear that you got what you needed.

I know what you mean about how it feels a shame. I've got one of the Ultimate Missions book from WotC's mini's game. It is in great shape, and it still has the map and tiles in tact. Now that I'm playing the game again with my kid, I'm tempted to rip that sucker right out of there. (Since that's what it's MADE to do.) But it also feels weird taking a like new, out of print product and doing it.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosmeister wrote:
Today I got my own IAG box delivered to my Door. 100% complete and the contents are in top condition! Feels wrong to actually read it but then that's what they are made for right? Now I got a better source for images and maps I can move forward with the prep. I plan to put everything on TTS once I am done with it.

Congrats!

cheshire wrote:
I know what you mean about how it feels a shame. I've got one of the Ultimate Missions book from WotC's mini's game. It is in great shape, and it still has the map and tiles in tact. Now that I'm playing the game again with my kid, I'm tempted to rip that sucker right out of there. (Since that's what it's MADE to do.) But it also feels weird taking a like new, out of print product and doing it.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
gallandro
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone looking for a new copy of the Introductory Adventure Game, The Day of Knights, a gaming store in Delaware still has a couple of shrink wrapped copies left. I just got a new copy last week to replace my beat up one.

They are currently selling for $35, shipping is outrageous, BUT it’s still a cheaper alternative than most used copies out there.

Here’s a link:

https://www.daysofknights.com/catalog/rpg_roleplaying-scifi_rpg-star_wars_rpg/star_wars_introductory_adventure_game_box_set_west_end_1997/1404863
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gallandro wrote:
For anyone looking for a new copy of the Introductory Adventure Game, The Day of Knights, a gaming store in Delaware still has a couple of shrink wrapped copies left. I just got a new copy last week to replace my beat up one.

They are currently selling for $35, shipping is outrageous, BUT it’s still a cheaper alternative than most used copies out there.

Here’s a link:

https://www.daysofknights.com/catalog/rpg_roleplaying-scifi_rpg-star_wars_rpg/star_wars_introductory_adventure_game_box_set_west_end_1997/1404863

Wish I could afford one! Thanks for the link.
Chaosmeister
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gallandro wrote:

Here’s a link:

Man, I wish you had posted 2 weeks earlier! Alas someone else might still benefit.

Generally, would people be interested in me sharing my Table Top Simulator setup on here? Not sure if this place would be the right category to do it in.
Chaosmeister
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warning, Spoilers for campaign content!

Ran the first session of IAG today. Players loved it. I made some serious mistakes though and have to make sure I get the attack procedure right (I brain farted and used the attack roll for damage instead of rolling weapon damage duh) but we realized it half way through and from then on it went smoother. We were pleasantly surprised how quickly it played and the speedy character creation was absolutely a plus. We got to play until they escaped the base and finished the fight with the scout troopers outside. Highlight 1 was the scout character using a force point to push over an old rotten tree on top of 2 Scout Troopers smashing them and the second was the jedi spending one to charge another firing at him and using his lightsaber to block and attack. Can't wait till next session!
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Glad to hear the adventure went well. Let us know how the next session goes.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: