The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

An Adventure: The Rebels of Chayloon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> An Adventure: The Rebels of Chayloon Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
The Bissler wrote:
If we could use GIFs you would have had the cheering baby as a response!

This one?

Ha, yes!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Star Padre,

I've put up a modified version of your mission briefing on my blog. Once we've played the mission, I'll post up your version and let you know once done (it's ready to be posted already, but I'd prefer not to confuse my group who follow the blog). I hope you don't mind about the liberties I've taken in adapting it to my own campaign!

https://thebissler.blogspot.com/2020/07/star-wars-d6-rebels-of-callonia.html

You'll see that I've also posted a video scroll for this with my renamed adventure. I'll post the proper one for Chayloon when I put up the other post too.
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the Title Scroll for The Rebels of Chayloon now up (I had previously posted my modified Rebels of Callonia scroll). If there's any errors, please let me know and I'll repost!

https://youtu.be/vGdSxkCj4_8
StarPadre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most excellent! There's only one error - it says 'Chayoon' instead of 'Chayloon' near the start of the scrawl.

Can't wait to hear how you players get on!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - fixed!

https://youtu.be/6g-UvWgVxi4

Yeah, we've played the first session and it went well, 2nd one tomorrow! I expect it might take 4-5 sessions to run. Write ups will follow!
StarPadre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bissler wrote:
I expect it might take 4-5 sessions to run. Write ups will follow!

That's as it should be, and what I always wanted (although often I had to cut bits due to time constraints). I like my scenarios to be like mini campaigns. Like three to five part tv dramas rather than a one off show!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely, it was one of the things that attracted me to the adventure (apart from really enjoying the imagination of the story and setting)!

When I've run my own Star Wars home-brew sessions in the past, I had a far more "mission of the week" thing going on, with a few 2 parters, but there would usually be an over-arching campaign story arc - and I'd try to make links between each mission so that it felt like there was a continuous story.

Something like your adventure which is designed to take a number of sessions tells a deeper story and is far more satisfying for all concerned. The only drawback with this is if a player can't make it, it can be disruptive to the story - but in the current lockdown situation, the players have been fairly consistent in their attendance! Where else do they have to be? Laughing

I'm sure that when the adventure is over that the players will have a greater sense of achievement than some of the other missions we've played so far. I'll try to get as much feedback as possible about the mission too so you have an idea of what their experience was. (Any shortcomings will likely be mine as GM!)
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick question: I've just realised that in the sequence where the Groh-ta make warriors of the Mah-ta, my players are likely to be far more interested in the flying Groh-ta warriors to lead the fight against the Empire and Minarac. Obviously, we want the PCs to stick with the Mah-ta, but I was wondering if there was any obvious reason why the Groh-ta would shun the team? I'm assuming it's because they don't trust the off-worlders (until later if they win the trust of the priests)?
StarPadre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Groh-ta who arrive for the ritual are there solely for that purpose, as they have been ordered to do, and have done so often before. It would not occur to these Groh-ta that the PCs might want to ally with them, help them, of get involved in any way. So they are very unlikely respond to the PCs' questions or approaches as it is not part of the formal ritual.

Perhaps, however, they should not just fly away straight away, as the PCs might have the means to pursue and that could ruin the advice given below.

If PCs find a way to force the Groh-ta to pay attention then (a) the Groh-ta don't speak the galactic common tongue, and (b) one of the Mah-ta who does speak the common tongue can intervene to dissuade the PCs. If the PCs still push, then the Mah-ta 'linguist(s)' could explain that the Groh-ta are there only to initiate warriors, and that as far as anyone knows, they never fight the grey shells or white shells or even the shouting ones - there are no stories of them having done so.

I know the adventure suggests later that the priests might be persuaded or decide themselves to send Groh-ta to help the PC's attack on the shield generator, but that would be for the 'final' battle which should seal the fate of their world - a moment well worth breaking all the rules and traditions for!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Star Padre, we've not long finished the session. Somewhat surprisingly, they accepted T-Ytref's word that the new warriors were the ones they had come here to help and did not question that Groh-ta as I'd expected! Every time I try to second-guess this lot, I get it wrong! Laughing

Hopefully, I'll post the first part of the write up tonight. I expect that there'll be another 2 write ups, but they'll be two weeks apart (each part dealing with 2 sessions of play).

Watch out for an update on the Green Vipers thread if you're interested to learn how it's going!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebels of Chayloon Intelligence Report with Title Scroll (my earlier version was tailored to my own campaign). I hope others find this helpful for running your adventure!

http://thebissler.blogspot.com/2020/08/star-wars-d6-rebels-of-chayloon.html

The write up of the first two sessions is also available! I expect to post Part II in a fortnight's time.
StarPadre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That write up is great! I very much enjoyed reading it.

I tried to comment on the blog but I am not sure it worked (some ancient, forgotten, aborted google blog of mine seemed to be involved). Not sure if I am on the right machine to sucessfully comment - it just seemed to vanish when I pressed preview!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarPadre wrote:
That write up is great! I very much enjoyed reading it.

I tried to comment on the blog but I am not sure it worked (some ancient, forgotten, aborted google blog of mine seemed to be involved). Not sure if I am on the right machine to sucessfully comment - it just seemed to vanish when I pressed preview!

Thanks Star Padre! I'm delighted you enjoyed the write up since we're enjoying your adventure! I've been amused by the force user's worries about the Dark Side at play here, I'm sure you probably felt the same! Privately, he's been concerned that an Inquisitor may show up! Laughing

Yes, not sure what the problem is with the comments, I do have to authorise comments but there's no notifications of any comments being made. Weird!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned previously, Corr - the Jedi character - is fearful of what is going on with the force on Chayloon. When they go to the temple, and meet the priests who are directing the meteor showers, I'm slightly tempted to play the Temple of Doom music that features the chanting. I know it has a really evil sound to it, but I'm thinking that it plays into Corr's own insecurities and because he is fearful of the Dark Side, he hears what he wants to hear. I think the other-worldly sound of the music reinforces the fact that the Mah-ta's understanding of the force is completely alien to him. Finally, the music doesn't actually belong in the Star Wars universe, so again, this illustrates how unique the Mah-ta culture is.

I was wondering what your thoughts were on this Star Padre? Would you be completely against using it as a music cue in this context?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV2tM3DO53I
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That piece is really spooky with all the chanting and everything. I just listened to it in my earphones and I feel a bit creeped out. I've used a lot of non-Star-Wars music to score my adventures. John Williams usually isn't too alien to Star Wars. It sounds like that would work well for what you're going for. But what does StarPadre think?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: