The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

My Dream...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> My Dream...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: My Dream... Reply with quote

An arcade machine, side-by-side.

One in the top Falcon's Turret, the other in the bottom Falcon's Turret.

Just, going into battle. Supporting the Rebels, smuggling needed goods, being the Starfighter Gunship that the Falcon pretty much is.

I can dream, right?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this dream. I like it a lot.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: My Dream... Reply with quote

Ray wrote:

One in the top Falcon's Turret, the other in the bottom Falcon's Turret.

Just, going into battle. Supporting the Rebels, smuggling needed goods, being the Starfighter Gunship that the Falcon pretty much is.

I can dream, right?

Yes, and it is completely enclosed so you have a full to-scale gun station with the full view into space and TIE fighters flying around like in the film. And the floor shows the other player from the bottom, to create the illusion of being on top and bottom with the weird multidirectional artificial gravity thing that the Falcon gunwell has. That would be dope!

I'll never forget when the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibition came to my local science museum. A former player of mine worked there (and still does). My friend Mike, my then girlfriend (now wife) got there early so were at the front of the line, and he gave us the suggestion of bypassing everything and going straight to the very end first, the to-scale reproduction of the Millennium Falcon cockpit set. He said long lines build up there but everyone is so blown away by everything it takes people a while to make there way there. Right when you walk in is THE Luke's landspeeder used in filming ANH. We ran by it and everyone who started crowding around it got straight back there. The girl working was surprised and said no one ever comes back there that early. And then she let us and didn't make us wait for a fourth person.

We walked down a short dark tunnel to the Falcon cockpit, all lit up! Mike and I instinctively went straight towards our respective seats - He went to Chewie's and I went to Han's. We were giggling like little kids and doing sound effects, flipping switches and the like. Mike started speaking in Wookiee tongues (he can actually imitate Chewie), and I started doing Han lines from the films. My wife sat down behind one of us and laughed. Then there was a show that came on and took us on a journey we could see through the cockpit window as we flew around our solar system with Anthony Daniels narrating. It was awesome! We flew the Falcon! When we walked out there was already a small line forming from people that must have seen us jet off and wanted to see what we were so excited about.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my dream, I'm all alone. I'm rolling a big doughnut and there's this snake, wearing a vest.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd LOVE to see an arcade game like that!
mshute
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: My Dream... Reply with quote

Ray wrote:

Not side-to-side. It should be back-to-back.

I mean Whil's idea is good too, but not as practical.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: My Dream... Reply with quote

mshute wrote:
Ray wrote:

Back to back, from the view of the person PLAYING, would be more fitting, as the turrets look UP at one another.
mshute
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: My Dream... Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
mshute wrote:
Ray wrote:

Back to back, from the view of the person PLAYING, would be more fitting, as the turrets look UP at one another.

Exactly. The players need to be able to look back over their shoulder and tell their partner not to get cocky.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how many of you have been fortunate enough to experience Millennium Falcon – Smugglers Run at Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland or Disneyworld), but it's pretty close to the experience you describe. In some ways better, though you don't have turrets that swivel. You're in a fully immersive 3D (4D?) environment that is intense and exciting and magical!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: