The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

COVID/Pandemic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> COVID/Pandemic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the number of immunocompromised people that I know, I'm very, very glad to say that I don't know a person that has gotten it yet.

But isolation has not been good for my mental health, so, that's kind of an impact.

I miss my gaming group, but my apartment building is locked down save for support persons (there's a lot of people here with physical/mental disabilities) and deliveries.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my other gaming sites, i saw someone who had a great way to game in person.. Everyone wore scuba tank/masks...
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:

But isolation has not been good for my mental health, so, that's kind of an impact.

I hear you. Loud and clear.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how is everyone feeling?

Yesterday I woke up with weird but not severe body aches that moved as the day went on. I'm not so achy today, but I still feel weird. I can't really describe it. I am feeling somewhat run down. But I keep checking my temperature and no fever. I checked my oxygen saturation level and it says 99% (with a 2 degree margin of error) so I'm good there. I took my blood pressure med today.

If I get a high temperature I'll get tested for covid, but today I may just be suffering from anxiety about getting covid and perhaps a little lack of sleep. At least the weekend is here and I can sleep in tomorrow morning.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a severe hit of seasonal allergies last week that's continued to this one. The Boy and I were both hit, so he was out last Wednesday, but we've mostly gotten over it.

But man, my cough makes my coworkers nervous.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Had a severe hit of seasonal allergies last week that's continued to this one. The Boy and I were both hit, so he was out last Wednesday, but we've mostly gotten over it.

But man, my cough makes my coworkers nervous.

That sucks. My wife gets bad allergies like that too. I used to not experience that at all, but it seems to be creeping in as I get older. I read that's a thing and your body can change as you age so some people that never had seasonal allergies when they were young can get them. The joys of aging.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than some back pain i had the other week, after a 3 hr stint of garden work, i've been cool.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that most of my family is immunocompromised, we've been very, very careful, and very, very lucky to not get any of it.

So far.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingers crossed.

I seemed to have returned to normal this weekend. Weird.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got tested for covid in the hospital the weekend before last, the test was easy. She warned that it makes some people feel like they got water up their nose in the swimming pool, but I thought it was just a moment of very minor discomfort and it is over quick. But then again I was in barely controlled excruciating torso pain at the time so maybe it was nothing relative to that.

A former manager of mine revealed on Facebook that she is recovering from covid. She is a little younger than me. She had eight really bad days of feeling like total poodu and she missed almost a month of work. A couple weeks after returning to work, and she still has not recovered her sense of taste, and she has a lingering skin rash that won't go away.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things have increased in the county I live in, and there's various levels of concern with people. I still go to work every day, along with the other warehousemen, linemen, and gas servicemen. We're all still healthy, though with the occasional stuffy nose or sore throat from guys going out hunting in single digit weather and such. No cases at my work, and nothing wrong with me.

We just keep keepin' on.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winnipeg has gone onto another partial lockdown and is almost out of ICU beds. Surgeries are being cancelled.

My father just died recently (like, weeks ago recently), not Covid related, but there was a point where it was... Iffy if I'd be able to visit before he died. Luckily, I was able to.

Otherwise, I just sit here, all alone, in my apartment, in the dark, and the cold. Listening to the idiots outside still walking about without masks. Damned rat-lickers.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
When I got tested for covid in the hospital the weekend before last, the test was easy. She warned that it makes some people feel like they got water up their nose in the swimming pool, but I thought it was just a moment of very minor discomfort and it is over quick. But then again I was in barely controlled excruciating torso pain at the time so maybe it was nothing relative to that.

A former manager of mine revealed on Facebook that she is recovering from covid. She is a little younger than me. She had eight really bad days of feeling like total poodu and she missed almost a month of work. A couple weeks after returning to work, and she still has not recovered her sense of taste, and she has a lingering skin rash that won't go away.

They were administering the nasal test at work for a while. A few folks (hardened combat vet types) complained of long term pain/damage to the nasal cavity. Now they use a spit test which is completely non-invasive.

I have heard some nasal tests are not shoved way up the nose like the ones we were getting... ours were way, way up there. How far up did they go for a sample on your test?
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimace wrote:
Things have increased in the county I live in, and there's various levels of concern with people. I still go to work every day, along with the other warehousemen, linemen, and gas servicemen. We're all still healthy, though with the occasional stuffy nose or sore throat from guys going out hunting in single digit weather and such. No cases at my work, and nothing wrong with me.

We just keep keepin' on.

Montana is a great place. Wouldn't mind riding this out up there, tbh.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
My father just died recently (like, weeks ago recently), not Covid related, but there was a point where it was... Iffy if I'd be able to visit before he died. Luckily, I was able to.

Otherwise, I just sit here, all alone, in my apartment, in the dark, and the cold. Listening to the idiots outside still walking about without masks. Damned rat-lickers.

I'm very sorry for your loss, Ray. I'm glad you got to see him.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: